Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (9 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

No doubt we didn’t help ourselves but most countries/their vaccination programmes are in a race against the delta variant (it was already everywhere for months, we just had thousands all returning early from their ‘essential’ trips at the same time). Read today in US over 20% of their cases are now delta, id imagine in less than a month it will be a majority. Same will happen in Europe

We'd be enjoying considerably more freedom now if we hadn't let it in Steve. Our vaccine programme is ahead of the rest and if we were still dealing with Alpha, the case rates would likely still be nothing. This nonsense continues to ruin people's ability to properly mourn a loved on or even just take their daughter down the aisle. Curiously cramming into Wimbledon or F1 remains unaffected.

All while the school has strongly hinted that another year of science teaching will be written off because of more year group bubbling. Really need something optimistic to hang onto

COV

We'd be enjoying considerably more freedom now if we hadn't let it in Steve. Our vaccine programme is ahead of the rest and if we were still dealing with Alpha, the case rates would likely still be nothing. This nonsense continues to ruin people's ability to properly mourn a loved on or even just take their daughter down the aisle. Curiously cramming into Wimbledon or F1 remains unaffected.

All while the school has strongly hinted that another year of science teaching will be written off because of more year group bubbling. Really need something optimistic to hang onto

Hertsccfc

It's their stubborn refusal to learn. We could be virtually totally open like New Zealand if we had a competent Government. It so sad the impact it has had on everyone.

Saddlebrains

Just close the schools for the rest of term, it’s where infections are being driven and nothing useful is happening for the last few weeks.

Seconded. My daughters been told to isolate for 10 days now, whitmore park primary. Just done her test and negative thankfully.

In my WhatsApp group a friend of mines son at Courthouse Green primary has classes now isolating.

And a teacher friend of mine at Aldermans Green primary also has 7 classes isolating.

Its all kicking off again. Brilliant. This is never going to end is it?

Brighton Sky Blue

Seconded. My daughters been told to isolate for 10 days now, whitmore park primary. Just done her test and negative thankfully.

In my WhatsApp group a friend of mines son at Courthouse Green primary has classes now isolating.

And a teacher friend of mine at Aldermans Green primary also has 7 classes isolating.

I’ve had situations this year where I have had one person in the classroom and the rest at home. That is worse for learning than an all in or all out scenario. Not a single student at my school who has caught this virus has actually shown symptoms-atypical perhaps but an illustration of how unfair the restrictions are on school children.

chiefdave

In a roundabout way is there a benefit to many young people being infected and gaining antibodies/immunity?
Only if they’re refusing the vaccine. Don’t think there’s anything to suggest aquired antibodies are better than being vaccinated.

There’s also unknowns to long term issues in those who are asymptomatic.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Most disagree as we will see in the by election. Utterly bizarrre

It does seem like when stuff goes wrong it's not the government's fault and they're doing their best they can but things beyond their control throw a spanner in the works even though everything suggests they're the ones that threw the spanner.

Yet when once in blue moon when something goes right it's lauded as a great move that only our government could have done.

It is almost looking like a cult now.

COV

It does seem like when stuff goes wrong it's not the government's fault and they're doing their best they can but things beyond their control throw a spanner in the works even though everything suggests they're the ones that threw the spanner.

Yet when once in blue moon when something goes right it's lauded as a great move that only our government could have done.

It is almost looking like a cult now.

Don't forget pointing fingers at other countries when anything goes wrong in order to distract from our blunders

PVA

Don't forget pointing fingers at other countries when anything goes wrong in order to distract from our blunders

htpzlksb9kg51.jpg

clint van damme

Theres a bug going round at the moment and obviously there sending kids who have it for covid tests but with all the disruption they can't be learning anything.

chiefdave

Not too sure what the benefit is in refusing to publish the report from the test events but music and theatre industry groups are taking legal action against the government to get it released.

djr8369

I think there will be a lot of panicking behind the scenes about now. The estimates for herd immunity vary a lot but I think with the amount of infections we’ve had and vaccine uptake we should be about there yet the new variant is spreading quickly.

Ian1779

It should be ok. Itsnot as if people who like formula one have friends or a social life to facilitate them spreading the virus
It’s just baffling to be honest - my sons football team have just cancelled a 7 a side tournament at their home ground that would have attracted maybe 100-150 people that would be outside. The idea that they couldn’t guarantee Cov-ID secure yet 140K 25 miles down the road could.

Users who are viewing this thread