Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (15 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

I have a new question, I've been working where I'm working for 8 months through an agency , always said to my missus that when I go full time contract we'd book a holiday for the following year .

Jobs have come up on contract and I've applied , so hopefully if all goes well il be employed by them by the end of July.

Would you book abroad for summer 2022?
While you're here... you're not one of the ones working to rule, so my bins aren't getting emptied, are you? ;)

tbh I'd wait for booking abroad until it all settles down - unless it's free refund, or only losing a small deposit of course. Also depends where you want to go I guess, too. If it's USA or (Europe!) then they ought to be similar rate of vaccines to us so it's either working or not, and you'd assume travel would be OK if all is good. If you fancy a trip to Guatamala however...

Evo1883

While you're here... you're not one of the ones working to rule, so my bins aren't getting emptied, are you? ;)

tbh I'd wait for booking abroad until it all settles down - unless it's free refund, or only losing a small deposit of course. Also depends where you want to go I guess, too. If it's USA or (Europe!) then they ought to be similar rate of vaccines to us so it's either working or not, and you'd assume travel would be OK if all is good. If you fancy a trip to Guatamala however...

When I tell some of the residents that even my blue bin wasn't emptied, they can't quite believe that themselves.

- Professional comment inbound -

We are working hard to ensure all waste is collected , please be patient.

I'm a little hesitant to discuss it on here as I don't know who is lurking

NorthernWisdom

When I tell some of the residents that even my blue bin wasn't emptied, they can't quite believe that themselves.

- Professional comment inbound -

We are working hard to ensure all waste is collected , please be patient.

I'm a little hesitant to discuss it on here as I don't know who is lurking
Fair enough. Someone did pop something up on my local facebook(!) page about health and safety measures being expected to be shortcut and if so, I'll stand with you comrade ;)

SBAndy

I thought you were fully on the unlock side?

Either way it seems a lot of people have took offence to my words, apologised already so wont again, but i dont apologise for having an opinion that this shit needs to stop and we need normality. Boris and co keep saying we need to live with it. So lets live with it

I think that’s fair. As it stands, I don’t see fit reason for this to be extended beyond 19th July and by then you’d expect to have more than sufficient data to make a better judgement.

Whether that data says what we are all desperate for it to say is another matter entirely!

SBT

Pretty weird that the same people complaining endlessly that everyone else/the media are secret lockdown lovers are the same ones encouraging everyone to sack off the few restrictions we have left, even though there’s only a few weeks to go.

Maybe some people are finding mask-wearing a bit harder than I’ve been, and we’ve all got a choice - if I loved lockdown so much that I wanted to try and get another last-minute extension then I know which I’d choose though.

robbiekeane

I have a new question, I've been working where I'm working for 8 months through an agency , always said to my missus that when I go full time contract we'd book a holiday for the following year .

Jobs have come up on contract and I've applied , so hopefully if all goes well il be employed by them by the end of July.

Would you book abroad for summer 2022?
Yes. There's no way in hell you won't be able to go abroad in summer 2022. People just wont have it.

Also, mexico.

Brighton Sky Blue

Pretty weird that the same people complaining endlessly that everyone else/the media are secret lockdown lovers are the same ones encouraging everyone to sack off the few restrictions we have left, even though there’s only a few weeks to go.

Maybe some people are finding mask-wearing a bit harder than I’ve been, and we’ve all got a choice - if I loved lockdown so much that I wanted to try and get another last-minute extension then I know which I’d choose though.

Well it’s a month, not a couple of weeks. And they seem happy to let 45,000 pack into Wembley a couple of times before that’s up

ovduk78

View attachment 20531

Most people hospitalised are released on the same day too apparently ..

My friend was initially, although this was at the peak of the pandemic and he ended up in ICU a few days later
My worry from these figures isn't the total hospitalisation but the fact that 84 people who had had the 2nd dose were hospitalised and 26 of these died. Whilst we don't know if they had underlying health conditions or their ages the fact remains that the vaccine isn't 100% efficient and people can still die so maybe we still need to be wary and thoughtful of others even if we've had our 2nd jab.

Grendel

My worry from these figures isn't the total hospitalisation but the fact that 84 people who had had the 2nd dose were hospitalised and 26 of these died. Whilst we don't know if they had underlying health conditions or their ages the fact remains that the vaccine isn't 100% efficient and people can still die so maybe we still need to be wary and thoughtful of others even if we've had our 2nd jab.

The point is though the numbers overall are less - people jabbed die of flu it’s just massively reduced

Brighton Sky Blue

Thousands die of flu every year despite being vaccinated. The state cannot prevent death and we cannot resort to hiding every winter in case it happens.

Nick

Administrator
Thousands die of flu every year despite being vaccinated. The state cannot prevent death and we cannot resort to hiding every winter in case it happens.

Exactly.

People need to understand this but the fact it is going to be in their faces everytime they put the news on to scare them, people won't see it like that.

Death has always happened and always will.

shmmeee

Death has never been the issue. We’ve never tried to stop deaths. We’ve tried to stop our systems being overrun. Those saying “well we just need to live with it” are asking for significant tax rises to spend on the systems that would be otherwise overrun.

Brighton Sky Blue

Death has never been the issue. We’ve never tried to stop deaths. We’ve tried to stop our systems being overrun. Those saying “well we just need to live with it” are asking for significant tax rises to spend on the systems that would be otherwise overrun.

Serious illness, same practical consequence for the health service. If someone is double jabbed and boostered, that’s all that can reasonably be asked of the state in protecting them.

Nick

Administrator

Maybe we can ban cars and roads to stop people from going to hospital from accidents?
Maybe we can just cull obese people who will often use the NHS a lot more because they are obese?

Is it going to be a case of lockdowns every winter to stop the systems from being overrun?

Nick

Administrator
They will spin it on percentages though.

After all if there were 5 and then the next week there were 10 it would be a 100% increase and that's what they would run with as a headline.

Scaremongering bullshit.

Cityandproud87

Here we go again! Another Variant that's magically appeared out of thin air! People need to stop complying with this if they delay July 19th it's becoming a joke.

Brighton Sky Blue

Here we go again! Another Variant that's magically appeared out of thin air! People need to stop complying with this if they delay July 19th it's becoming a joke.

If they extend the restrictions again we fully intend to carry out the heinous act of dancing and singing indoors. The question is will one policeman or two be required to haul out the missus

Cityandproud87

If they extend the restrictions again we fully intend to carry out the heinous act of dancing and singing indoors. The question is will one policeman or two be required to haul out the missus

This Ends on July the 19th. If some people want to lock themselves away forever then so be it! The vaccines work and all the vunerable people are double jabbed....what more can be done?

Brighton Sky Blue

This Ends on July the 19th. If some people want to lock themselves away forever then so be it! The vaccines work and all the vunerable people are double jabbed....what more can be done?

60,000 people allowed at Wembley, 140,000 at Sipverstone but stand up drink receptions and indoor dancing remain banned. It’s almost like the politicians have a vested interest

SBT

Maybe we can ban cars and roads to stop people from going to hospital from accidents?
Maybe we can just cull obese people who will often use the NHS a lot more because they are obese?

Is it going to be a case of lockdowns every winter to stop the systems from being overrun?

How are we still on this? Like a kid playing a video game all year and never getting past the first level.

CCFCSteve

They will spin it on percentages though.

After all if there were 5 and then the next week there were 10 it would be a 100% increase and that's what they would run with as a headline.

Scaremongering bullshit.

Agreed. I don’t mind reporting of facts but as I’ve said numerous times the media have been a disgrace throughout this. In my view the guardian is the liberal (I know people got offended when I said left leaning !) version of the Mail. Both just spew negativity. Most media happily commented on the recent, bordering on impossible, modelling worst case scenarios talking about 40k hospitalisations per day and 6k-10k deaths per day* (without any proper context) and all use percentages when it suits them ie when cases or negative figures increase. It’s wrong

*both unsurprisingly have been significantly revised downwards. No shit. They probably required the vaccines to not work and the whole country to meet for one giant spreading party

David O'Day

If car accidents, or obese people were overwhelming the NHS, then we’d regulate them more. But they don’t, so we don’t.

Good luck with level 2!

We also have laws that regulate and make car usage safer and we are taking action i.e. sugar taxes on obesity

It's a shit argument

D

Deleted member 11652

If car accidents, or obese people were overwhelming the NHS, then we’d regulate them more. But they don’t, so we don’t.

Good luck with level 2!

Hi mate Andy Turner would like a coffee

Users who are viewing this thread