The Battle Cruiser, The Rub a Dub Dub. (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

The Pub! And more to the point, who will be partaking tomorrow when the towels are finally removed from the taps after 15 weeks?
For me, a visit to the boozer is a social event - a chance to catch up with people, usually in a group.
But that's not gonna happen, is it? I totally get the need for practising safety and of course for an industry to start up again but I don't think I'll be getting my 'money's worth'. Allied to that is the risk of contracting something. Is it really worth it?
I'm actually quite intrigued to find out how well it will go. I love the 'culture' of the pub (Town Crier and a few others excepted) but it's not for me at the moment although I may take a stroll past a couple tomorrow to get a glimpse on proceedings.
What do others think? Maybe if you are gonna venture out you could add a post to this thread to give us an up to date 'Our man at The Wallace' type report?
Whatever peeps are doing tomorrow - Enjoy, be safe and stay off the pork scratchings.
Cin Cin, out.
* Didn't realise Saddlebrains had already started a thread on this topic.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

The Pub! And more to the point, who will be partaking tomorrow when the towels are finally removed from the taps after 15 weeks?
For me, a visit to the boozer is a social event - a chance to catch up with people, usually in a group.
But that's not gonna happen, is it? I totally get the need for practising safety and of course for an industry to start up again but I don't think I'll be getting my 'money's worth'. Allied to that is the risk of contracting something. Is it really worth it?
I'm actually quite intrigued to find out how well it will go. I love the 'culture' of the pub (Town Crier and a few others excepted) but it's not for me at the moment although I may take a stroll past a couple tomorrow to get a glimpse on proceedings.
What do others think? Maybe if you are gonna venture out you could add a post to this thread to give us an up to date 'Our man at The Wallace' type report?
Whatever peeps are doing tomorrow - Enjoy, be safe and stay off the pork scratchings.
Cin Cin, out.
I'm with you, will look from afar for the time being

RedSalmon

Will give it a try but if all the precautions have sucked the joy out of it won't bother again. Think a lot of people will have changed habits and it might have the same effect on pubs that the smoking ban had a few years ago. People get out of the habit and find other things to do.

Ian1779

I’m shielding for my daughter so it’s a no from me. The shielding is pausing on 1st August so we may see how the situation is then.

LastGarrison

A couple of mates are queuing up as we speak.

I would have probably gone today but the Missus’ parents have just got back from 9 months in Spain so going to see them.

Gonna pop up for a few tomorrow with my mate and see how it is. It appears from the general consensus that most people are giving it a swerve so will be interesting.

Have to say though what is a sad indictment of our society is that hospitals are preparing for tonight in exactly the same way as they prepare for New Years Eve.

LastGarrison

There was 6 people in the queue for the Devon.

5 of em were my mates.

However, not sure the mass stampede to boozers is actually going to happen and I suppose an overcast day helps the situation.

clint van damme

There was 6 people in the queue for the Devon.

5 of em were my mates.

However, not sure the mass stampede to boozers is actually going to happen and I suppose an overcast day helps the situation.

Queues in Earlsdon for a couple of pubs and hw barber's though I think a couple of the pubs are time slot bookings so just over excitable people getting there early

Sky_Blue_Daz

Took the dog out on a long walk earlier went past The nugget, The Wallace and The shepherd didn’t see much life inside or out

jimmyhillsfanclub

Fuck all this booking and queueing shite...sounds more like a visit to the GPs.

I'm gonna walk the dog round the block in the rain this afternoon and have a nose in a couple of my favoured indy boozers.....see who's about and what's what.

I have booked a mid-week family meal at a local restaurant too.....hopefully that experience wont be too impacted by this covid downer.

Otis

County Coundon that is surely, maybe not the Shepherd.
I live right by the Wallace and it is definitely Keresley. Even says so on their website.

I live right by the Wallace. Nugget is Coundon, but Keresley adopted it in 1726

;)

Last edited:

JAM See

I love right by the Wallace and it is definitely Keresley. Even says so on their website.

I live right by the Wallace. Nugget is Coundon, but Keresley adopted it in 1726

;)
Well I stand corrected! Always associated The Wallace with Coundon.

Users who are viewing this thread