Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (13 Viewers)

Grendel

Already murmurings of winter lockdowns coming out. Surely this country cannot accept any more of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t see it I think we have to carry on at that point

LastGarrison

Have to say it looks like masks are becoming a thing of the past.

I was out for a curry Saturday night and loads of staff and customers not wearing them and even going to the bar and getting a pint without one.

Was in town yesterday and in West Orchards, in particular, it seemed about 50/50 of who was wearing masks and who weren’t.

Without sounding like an old fucker it seemed like it was mainly the under 30’s not wearing them in town.

On the whole I wear them but have to admit I also went the bar without one on Saturday night and it actually felt refreshing! Also, going for a piss in the pub I haven’t been wearing them either so it’s not just the youth.

Evo1883

Have to say it looks like masks are becoming a thing of the past.

I was out for a curry Saturday night and loads of staff and customers not wearing them and even going to the bar and getting a pint without one.

Was in town yesterday and in West Orchards, in particular, it seemed about 50/50 of who was wearing masks and who weren’t.

Without sounding like an old fucker it seemed like it was mainly the under 30’s not wearing them in town.

On the whole I wear them but have to admit I also went the bar without one on Saturday night and it actually felt refreshing! Also, going for a piss in the pub I haven’t been wearing them either so it’s not just the youth.

I love this post mate

Its got everything

It them , it's them , it's them and me , it's me too 🤣🤣

hill83

I’ve been to a few places in town where nobody has been wearing masks. Won’t say where but pubs. Dance floor and DJ as well. One was in Leamington 4 weeks ago.

hill83

Funny one yesterday. Bloke got kicked out of the city arms for standing up without a mask on at his table. He was taller when sat on the chair.

SBAndy

Don’t think it’s great that people have just chosen to do away with masks but equally I kind of get it. Still much rather we all clubbed together for the final push but people gonna people.

Evo1883

Funny one yesterday. Bloke got kicked out of the city arms for standing up without a mask on at his table. He was taller when sat on the chair.

Look I'm just going to be honest , don't judge me .

I don't get it
giphy.gif

hill83

Look I'm just going to be honest , don't judge me .

I don't get it
giphy.gif

The rules or what I’m saying?
The rules are mental but the line has to be drawn somewhere. My point was he might as well have been allowed to stand up at his table without a mask on. I just found it amusing that when he did sit down he was taller than when he was stood up has he was about 5ft and the chair was tall.

LastGarrison

I love this post mate

Its got everything

It them , it's them , it's them and me , it's me too 🤣🤣
More of an observation rather than apportioning any sort of blame.

Basically bar wearing masks in shops I’ve gone back to normal. Definitely had a change of mindset since being double jabbed.

Evo1883

The rules or what I’m saying?
The rules are mental but the line has to be drawn somewhere. My point was he might as well have been allowed to stand up at his table without a mask on. I just found it amusing that when he did sit down he was taller than when he was stood up has he was about 5ft and the chair was tall.

OK I get it now , it was the stand up bit I didn't get ...now I know it was Warwick Davis I'm with you

hill83

I sacked the mask off as of yesterday.

Done all ive been asked for 16 months.

Double jabbed

Bollocks to it now basically

In shops and pubs etc as well? I’m still wearing one until the rules say otherwise. Mainly out of respect for staff who have to deal with ballbags day in day out. Why be another one.

Edit: Not calling you a ballbag by the way you ballsack

Evo1883

I still wear masks , not being condescending it's more out of respect than anything else , I don't have any feelings about people not wearing one if that helps

Grendel

Saddlebrains

In shops and pubs etc as well? I’m still wearing one until the rules say otherwise. Mainly out of respect for staff who have to deal with ballbags day in day out. Why be another one.

Pubs i still would for the reason you stated above, theyve had enough problems the last year or so. Supermarkets i dont, they dont bother checking the amount of people in or stop Karen and her 7 kids conversing with half the neighbourhood in the pizza aisle.

hill83

Pubs i still would for the reason you stated above, theyve had enough problems the last year or so. Supermarkets i dont, they dont bother checking the amount of people in or stop Karen and her 7 kids conversing with half the neighbourhood in the pizza aisle.

Fair enough. Have you developed the absolute swagger of a non mask in a supermarket person yet?

1624353761333.gif

Evo1883

Went for something to eat at the Newlands Sunday.

I needed to cough , but felt like if I did everybody would look at me like I was carrying rabies , so I did that thing where you try not to cough , and I did it for so long when it eventually came out it was 100x worse and more dramatic than it would have been had I just gently coughed into my hand at first

Everybody looked at me like I had rabies

Evo1883

Screenshot_20210622-103256_Chrome.jpg

Most people hospitalised are released on the same day too apparently ..

My friend was initially, although this was at the peak of the pandemic and he ended up in ICU a few days later

NorthernWisdom

I sacked the mask off as of yesterday.

Done all ive been asked for 16 months.

Double jabbed

Bollocks to it now basically
OK, I'll bite.

You're being somewhat inflammatory, pointless, confrontational, self-centred. My choice here is either ignore you, or initiate a pile-on to me when I ask you nicely, to stop this shit, and accept that givernment advisors, wiser than both you or I, may well have some kind of knowledge about what they're doing, with the attendant consequences to some people, whatever they decide. This reads very much as I'm alright, so fuck the rest of you.

Well you'd think so. But there's still a hell of a lot of weirdos who want lockdown out there

No they don't.

I say this with love, but you need to think back to how you felt not so long ago.

I have asthma and an irregular heartbeat so im shitting it tbh

Pissed off with the asthma thing also. I have a preventer morning and night, amd occasionally my blue one, cold days, hayfever etc a trigger.

If i dont have them i am wheezy as fuck and can barely breathe.

But apparently because i take my medication I'm not at risk? Pathetic

Just imagine if it had been May. Would you be so keen to basically say I'm not worth anything? Because that's what you're saying right now.

Im in my 30s, asthma and heart condition and I've neen told May ffs

Nick

Administrator
I still chuck my mask on to run in the shop.

In the pub though, whatever it takes until I get asked to put it on. I have found most don't really give a shit now. It is like wearing trainers to school, see how long you can get away with it before the teacher spots your Adidas Samba.

Saddlebrains

OK, I'll bite.

You're being somewhat inflammatory, pointless, confrontational, self-centred. My choice here is either ignore you, or initiate a pile-on to me when I ask you nicely, to stop this shit, and accept that givernment advisors, wiser than both you or I, may well have some kind of knowledge about what they're doing, with the attendant consequences to some people, whatever they decide.

I say this with love, but you need to think back to how you felt not so long ago.

Just imagine if it had been May. Would you be so keen to basically say I'm not worth anything? Because that's what you're saying right now.

Imagine going through all them.

As i say, ive done what im meant to do, got both jabs, followed the rules. Why are we Jabbed if we dont get our liberties back?

And these government advisers that initiated this extension with out of date data and modelling that is massively wide of the mark?

Hospitalisations and deaths are minimal, even 7 weeks on from this delta variant kicking off.

If we dont get back to normality now we never will.

I get what youre saying, and fair play, but my opinions drastically different from then because ive done what ive been asked and want my life back

NorthernWisdom

Imagine going through all them.

As i say, ive done what im meant to do, got both jabs, followed the rules. Why are we Jabbed if we dont get our liberties back?

And these government advisers that initiated this extension with out of date data and modelling that is massively wide of the mark?

Hospitalisations and deaths are minimal, even 7 weeks on from this delta variant kicking off.

If we dont get back to normality now we never will.

I get what youre saying, and fair play, but my opinions drastically different from then because ive done what ive been asked and want my life back
I haven't been fully jabbed yet, and I have self-centred twats like you saying you've been done, so fuck it all, let's cram on a train together.

Or are you saying medical advice is only right when it says you need a jab early, and it's wrong when it says to hang on so others can get done as well?

Saddlebrains

I haven't been fully jabbed yet, and I have self-centred twats like you saying you've been done, so fuck it all, let's cram on a train together.

Or are you saying medical advice is only right when it says you need a jab early, and it's wrong when it says to hang on so others can get done as well?

Remember when we were told we only needed to jab the vulnerable?

Remember when we were told we could get back to normal after we had hit a certain percentage of jabs?

I dont know why you're kicking off so much saying 'self centred twats like me' when if you have a look at yourself, you're kicking off at people for wanting to carry on their lives after getting jabbed and following the rules like we were all told to do to get normality back?

Is everyone who wants restrictions lifted a self centred twat?

NorthernWisdom

Remember when we were told we only needed to jab the vulnerable?

Remember when we were told we could get back to normal after we had hit a certain percentage of jabs?

I dont know why you're kicking off so much saying 'self centred twats like me' when if you have a look at yourself, you're kicking off at people for wanting to carry on their lives after getting jabbed and following the rules like we were all told to do to get normality back?

Is everyone who wants restrictions lifted a self centred twat?
Not all, no. I don't want to cite people who are decent blokes, who I know would be fine around me, despite being driven up the wall by this.

You, however, are coming across, maybe unwittingly, like an utter self-centred tool. I'm asking you as politely as I can to stop this, under the assumption that you aren't aware how it might come across, and the effect it might have on people.

Reactions: COV

hill83

And all the time this thread is cluttered with this shit, it means I nearly miss genuinely useful information, such as the ability to move my second vaccine forward, without having to cancel first.

Keep trying on the website. My cousin managed to move theirs I still haven’t been able to.

I’d even risk cancelling it if it’s still a few weeks away. There will be somewhere else it can be done different to your first place. The check on there only looks for the same location as your first one before needing to cancel to rebook.

baldy

You can also die of COVID having never had a test or having one more than 28 days ago.

Seriously mate. If you are still thinking the pandemic is a conspiracy after this it’s probably best to accept media beyond CBeebies isn’t good for you.

I don't think it's a conspiracy at all....when have I ever said that? Of course it exists,it's just annoying how everything & everybody's overreacting (mainly in the mainstream media)

Saddlebrains

Not all, no. I don't want to cite people who are decent blokes, who I know would be fine around me, despite being driven up the wall by this.

You, however, are coming across, maybe unwittingly, like an utter self-centred tool. I'm asking you as politely as I can to stop this, under the assumption that you aren't aware how it might come across, and the effect it might have on people.

If its caused offence then of course i apologise, wasnt my intention. Also though you cant be going round having a pop at people who want life back, works both ways

NorthernWisdom

Users who are viewing this thread