Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (17 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
If car accidents, or obese people were overwhelming the NHS, then we’d regulate them more. But they don’t, so we don’t.

Good luck with level 2!

Have a look at how many hospital admissions are related to Obesity and come back to me.

The NHS would be much quieter if there were no obese people. Therefore, we should ban it to prevent the strain.

You will probably find that Obesity causes many more admissions than COVID.

As I said, ban obese people and the NHS won't be under strain.

D

Deleted member 4439

They will spin it on percentages though.

After all if there were 5 and then the next week there were 10 it would be a 100% increase and that's what they would run with as a headline.

Scaremongering bullshit.

I think that's harsh. Yes, the headline is a bit clickbait but the article is very clear on the facts that the numbers remain relatively low. If we're not careful we all end up looking towards a former goalkeeper for a reliable commentary of the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

shmmeee

Maybe we can ban cars and roads to stop people from going to hospital from accidents?
Maybe we can just cull obese people who will often use the NHS a lot more because they are obese?

Is it going to be a case of lockdowns every winter to stop the systems from being overrun?

Not sure what’s hard here. We budget for the NHS to meet a given capacity. If you want it to handle a higher capacity then you have to fund it.

Personally that’s what I’d do, sod the lockdowns once everyone’s vaccinated as we’ve done what we can. I’ve not seen any suggestion of that from govt though, just keep masks and distancing to kee pressure down. I’d rather pay another £10/mo in tax than have another three month lockdown. But no one seems to be suggesting that.

shmmeee

Have a look at how many hospital admissions are related to Obesity and come back to me.

The NHS would be much quieter if there were no obese people. Therefore, we should ban it to prevent the strain.

Sugar tax, calorie labelling, school sports, healthy lifestyles units, etc. etc. We spend a ton on reducing obesity.

Nick

Administrator
Also car accidents and obesity are not contagious.

It's about the strain on the NHS though, cut them out and the NHS will be laughing.

OR we could just keep locking down and putting lives on hold all the time just in case people get COVID every winter.

Skybluefaz

Fucking beautiful British common sense solutions. Don't want a headache? Chop your head off. End of. Fact.

PVA

So the magic solution to protect the NHS is to ban 63% of the UK population from receiving medical care?

giphy.gif

shmmeee

It's about the strain on the NHS though, cut them out and the NHS will be laughing.

OR we could just keep locking down and putting lives on hold all the time just in case people get COVID every winter.

If you want to propose that and run for office, see how you get on.

We currently manage the stress obesity and cars out on the NHS and part of that is spending billions and restricting freedoms.

Saddlebrains

This Ends on July the 19th. If some people want to lock themselves away forever then so be it! The vaccines work and all the vunerable people are double jabbed....what more can be done?

Well you'd think so, but everyone said that about June 21st and look. We have a mainly bollockless population lets face it. I let slip i don't wear a mask in supermarkets yesterday and got rounded on as if id raped an animal

Nick

Administrator
If you want to propose that and run for office, see how you get on.

We currently manage the stress obesity and cars out on the NHS and part of that is spending billions and restricting freedoms.

Not sure what freedoms are restricted for Obesity though.

If it is about preventing strain on the NHS why not introduce fines that people were getting for petty shit during lockdowns to people who refuse to sort their obesity.

It is more about the stress on the NHS argument as to why we need lockdowns. Take the stress down as well by telling people who are obese and can help it to stop being lazy cunts else they get a fine.

shmmeee

If it is about preventing strain on the NHS why not introduce fines that people were getting for petty shit during lockdowns to people who refuse to sort their obesity.

It is more about the stress on the NHS argument as to why we need lockdowns. Take the stress down as well by telling people who are obese and can help it to stop being lazy cunts else they get a fine.

Ive already said we have sugar tax, max servings (no super size), advertising and labelling laws, also school meal standards. And people campaigning for more.

We have planning laws that restrict fast food opening in certain areas.

As a society we’ve decided that’s enough for now. Just like as a society we’ve decided that we’re OK with temporary lockdown while people get vaccinated. That’s democracy.

Reactions: PVA

chiefdave

How far do you go with that? There's some research that a plant only diet prevents disease and those on that type of diet has better results if they get covid. Do you fine anyone not on a plant based diet?

What would be good is if you could actually get some help from your doctor, or anywhere, to lose weight. I've been trying to lose weight for years and accessing any help when 'eat less, move more' doesn't work makes accessing things like mental health services seem easy.

I had to jump through all sorts of hoops to get to see a dietician, including a 10 weeks course that gave you mind blowing facts like there's more calories in a doughnut than an apple, to be seen for less than 10 minutes and told 'some people are just big'.

In fact the only thing that has worked is lockdown. Down 60 pounds since that started so the answer is obvious. Stay in lockdown forever and there will be less people needing treatment for covid and obesity :ROFLMAO:

SBAndy

How far do you go with that? There's some research that a plant only diet prevents disease and those on that type of diet has better results if they get covid. Do you fine anyone not on a plant based diet?

What would be good is if you could actually get some help from your doctor, or anywhere, to lose weight. I've been trying to lose weight for years and accessing any help when 'eat less, move more' doesn't work makes accessing things like mental health services seem easy.

I had to jump through all sorts of hoops to get to see a dietician, including a 10 weeks course that gave you mind blowing facts like there's more calories in a doughnut than an apple, to be seen for less than 10 minutes and told 'some people are just big'.

In fact the only thing that has worked is lockdown. Down 60 pounds since that started so the answer is obvious. Stay in lockdown forever and there will be less people needing treatment for covid and obesity :ROFLMAO:

Grrrrr lockdown lover

giphy.gif

SBT

God you are weirdly obsessed with felatio

It’s probably been a few decades for him so he clearly likes to imagine the younger, slimmer blokes instead. Whatever works for him, I guess, but it does get a lot weirder for me now that Boosh is trying to join in as well.

skybluetony176

It’s probably been a few decades for him so he clearly likes to imagine the younger, slimmer blokes instead. Whatever works for him, I guess, but it does get a lot weirder for me now that Boosh is trying to join in as well.
I think they’re both part of the same self help group.

clint van damme

Surely it would be better to an alcohol.
Responsible for more hospital admissions as well as shit load of crime.

CCFCSteve

So fucking avoidable

A mates nephew and his mates all travelled down the London/Wembley (from Leeds) on Friday to enjoy the atmosphere etc, no tickets...all got Covid ! Not sure how

Reckon Scotland took a few thousand cases back up. Apparently been surge testing up in Scotland already which has lead to spike in case numbers up there. Hopefully will settle back down

In better news PHE Covid inpatients went down 50 today after reaching 1300 yesterday.

Brighton Sky Blue

A mates nephew and his mates all travelled down the London/Wembley (from Leeds) on Friday to enjoy the atmosphere etc, no tickets...all got Covid ! Not sure how

Reckon Scotland took a few thousand cases back up. Apparently been surge testing up in Scotland already which has lead to spike in case numbers up there. Hopefully will settle back down

In better news PHE Covid inpatients went down 50 today after reaching 1300 yesterday.

Switzerland enjoying full freedoms in a week mostly because they didn't let a new variant in while pursuing a new trade deal.

CCFCSteve

Switzerland enjoying full freedoms in a week mostly because they didn't let a new variant in while pursuing a new trade deal.

No doubt we didn’t help ourselves but most countries/their vaccination programmes are in a race against the delta variant (it was already everywhere for months, we just had thousands all returning early from their ‘essential’ trips at the same time). Read today in US over 20% of their cases are now delta, id imagine in less than a month it will be a majority. Same will happen in Europe

chiefdave

How have we let this Delta Plus variant in, isn't there supposed to be quarantine now? Small number of cases at the moment but what they are saying is very similar to what they said when the Delta variant first showed up. Small numbers, all under control etc.
We are obviously around those cases we will do enhanced testing and enhanced follow-ups, I think we are on top of the situation. We continue to be vigilant.

CCFCSteve

How have we let this Delta Plus variant in, isn't there supposed to be quarantine now? Small number of cases at the moment but what they are saying is very similar to what they said when the Delta variant first showed up. Small numbers, all under control etc.

I think it’s why, or one of the reasons why, Portugal got moved off green list (Nepal variant, from all those desperate to climb a mountain in the middle of a pandemic)

Brighton Sky Blue

Already preparing for Boris to ruin our big day yet again. It'll probably turn into 'oh you can have a week at the end of August as a treat' then 'sorry, Delta Mega Fuck has arrived, 5 month lockdown'.

Users who are viewing this thread