Man management this season (2 Viewers)

Sick Boy

I did not say an injury was fully affecting his performance, read the post again
If MR is playing, in your words, a League 2 striker over a recent loan signing from PL, then it suggests the signing has been a waste of time.
He probably has little to no motivation now after having to sit through Biamou’s recent performances and still be on the bench.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

If MR is playing, in your words, a League 2 striker over a recent loan signing from PL, then it suggests the signing has been a waste of time.
He probably has little to motivation now after having to sit through Biamou’s recent performances and still be on the bench.
Given he's only been here a matter of weeks, if he were to give up after being looked over for a game or two, then his character probably wouldn't be up to professional football anyway.

procdoc

We have a league one squad. Robins has made some mistakes, No one is disputing that. Substitutions are odd at times, persisting with a striker who clearly isn’t up to it is also baffling. But a lot of this comes down to what we can afford to bring in. Gyokores seems an odd signing if he’s not going to play. However there is no evidence to suggest there was an alternative striker available at a price or wage we can afford. The new Ollie Watkins doesn’t just grow on a magical centre forward tree.

Warwickhunt

allways expecting the resullts we get this month! hopefully stay just out of the bottom 3 until end of feb then see how we fare through march when we play teams around us

Warwickhunt

We have a league one squad. Robins has made some mistakes, No one is disputing that. Substitutions are odd at times, persisting with a striker who clearly isn’t up to it is also baffling. But a lot of this comes down to what we can afford to bring in. Gyokores seems an odd signing if he’s not going to play. However there is no evidence to suggest there was an alternative striker available at a price or wage we can afford. The new Ollie Watkins doesn’t just grow on a magical centre forward tree.
we should have gone for Murray from Brighton short term

cc84cov

if we go down he needs to go he’s tactically weak at the level that is clear to see weekly

Marty

Constant poor signings have put us here....

I keep seeing this we have no money crap constantly posted, if we have no money why do we keep taking risks on players from abroad, most of them offer absolutely nothing to the first team squad, Kasta, Jobello, Hilssner etc, extensions for Baka, jones etc, instead of going for quantity we should have signed 2 or 3 players of real quality, he uses the same 14 players every week no matter what.

There doesn't seem to be a real plan for signings at the moment, It's literally a case of throw enough shit and something will eventually stick, even if we went up and said we'll probably go straight back down, at least put a top quality League One squad together so we can bounce straight back. If we go down we'll need to clear out at least half the signings we made this summer as they're clearly just not good enough, probably lose Dabo & Hamer. We'll be in a far worse position then when we were promoted.

We've got to stay up, clear out as much as possible and sign some real talented players.

Marty

if we go down he needs to go he’s tactically weak at the level that is clear to see weekly

We were saying the same things back in L2, he has a game plan, if it doesn't work, he hasn't got a clue how to change it. I don't think we should be looking to change manager just yet but he needs to up his game imo.

cc84cov

We were saying the same things back in L2, he has a game plan, if it doesn't work, he hasn't got a clue how to change it. I don't think we should be looking to change manager just yet but he needs to up his game imo.
Even if we stay up we need to change him

cc84cov

I keep seeing this we have no money crap constantly posted, if we have no money why do we keep taking risks on players from abroad, most of them offer absolutely nothing to the first team squad, Kasta, Jobello, Hilssner etc, extensions for Baka, jones etc, instead of going for quantity we should have signed 2 or 3 players of real quality, he uses the same 14 players every week no matter what.

There doesn't seem to be a real plan for signings at the moment, It's literally a case of throw enough shit and something will eventually stick, even if we went up and said we'll probably go straight back down, at least put a top quality League One squad together so we can bounce straight back. If we go down we'll need to clear out at least half the signings we made this summer as they're clearly just not good enough, probably lose Dabo & Hamer. We'll be in a far worse position then when we were promoted.

We've got to stay up, clear out as much as possible and sign some real talented players.
Stay up and give a new experienced manager at the level the budget gets my vote

Super Graham Withey

Real talented players cost the sort of money our owners are not able to/prepared to invest. End of thread.

larry_david

I agree the 'squad' signings are looking bizarre. And then as someone says he only uses the same 14.

Hilsner, kasta, Jobello, bapaga, Eccles.
Pask has been here two years hasn't played in his natural position once.
Baka kept on and never played
Eccles brought back to play u23s
We've a heck of a lot of deadwood and a lot of these he brought in the last 18 months.

I don't want MR out. I want MR to step up and deliver again for us

Grendel

"This is not a Robins out thread" - that aged well then!

I wouldn’t worry - he will stay - then go after a couple of months into a new season

larry_david

Real talented players cost the sort of money our owners are not able to/prepared to invest. End of thread.
It's not end of thread at all. It's not owners fault Shipleys been dogga for 3 months yet still played on despite everyone on here calling it. Only now has he been taken out the firing line. That's not Joy's decision to play him

Grendel

To an extent but Luton and Millwall and even Brentford for a period had relatively modest wage bills. The problem I have with robins is he’s very welded to the Sisu project and viva versa

Grendel

It's not end of thread at all. It's not owners fault Shipleys been dogga for 3 months yet still played on despite everyone on here calling it. Only now has he been taken out the firing line. That's not Joy's decision to play him

It’s her decision to take deferred interest payments back and it’s her decision to now fund the club on recoverable interest bearing loans and certainly to decide to play in a different city and in normal times starve the club of revenue

“Joy” FFS

larry_david

It’s her decision to take deferred interest payments back and it’s her decision to now fund the club on recoverable interest bearing loans and certainly to decide to play in a different city and in normal times starve the club of revenue

“Joy” FFS
Yeah but what's that gotta do with dropping Gyo after scoring or making no subs at ht after a pathetic first half showing?

Marty

I'm saying stop signing players from abroad who offer us nothing and sign 2-3 talented players, there seems to be no plan to signings, before it was sign talented players that are under the radar for whatever reason, improve them and flog on, now it's just sign an asthmatic kraut from a pub league because a spreadsheet says he might be good.

Grendel

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Is MR failing to adapt to the championship? Our whole set up is league 2. We are looking ridiculously naive at times from the top down. This isn't just about Shipley in the worst form of his life. This is the management of players. Gyo scores and has a stormer. Dropped. Allen scores and has best 20 mins, doesn't play. Baka gets no chance at all, starts one game, shite, never to be seen again where as others get chance after chance despite being poor.

Thinking about it our squad is all over the place

Hard to argue with any of that.

cc84cov

You are such a nauseating dickhead
Nick already told you about yourself this morning you plonker
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread