Then and Now (1 Viewer)

blunted

When we got promoted how did you think our existing players would get on in the Championship and how has that opinion changed?

Here’s my thoughts:

Marosi – thought he would be fine. Was not great up until the Cardiff collision. Injury is a mother that may possibly have long-term peripheral vision issues. Remember the Peter Cech head injury, was never the same player again. Hope he makes it back.

Wilson – thought no way he would make the transition. Still occasionally error prone but performed way better than expected. Can he cut out the mistakes and improve further? I would think not, but he has improved so dramatically in one year who knows?

Dabo – thought he would be a star in the championship. Just needed to tighten up a bit defensively and improve his final ball into the box. Injury has robbed us of our best attacking threat. Needs to get fully fit for next season.

Rose – if you had asked me which player would be the most likely to shine in the higher league, I would have said Rose. Awesome last year, hardly had a bad game. As MR describes him our best defender. He has been a disaster this year which I think is due to the injuries. I think he will be good next year if he can shake off the injuries.

McFaz – fell into the trap of believing what I read online that he would be too old, too slow for another Championship season. Penalties aside, he has been awesome. Hopefully, got a couple more years in him, because we need his leadership.

Hyam – thought he would be fine. Has been exposed by pace. Looks better for a rest. Ever present almost which says he is good enough.

Kelly – again got caught up in his minor dip in form near the end of last season and was worried about the step up. I was wrong, we are a much better team when he is playing. Just hope the injuries are not coming along too often now he is getting older.

O’hare – no problem. If he could score from the chances he has, a club much higher up the football ladder would be buying him now.

Shippers – thought he would make a slow improvement and be a good squad player. Has stalled in his development and must do better to make it at this level.

Godden – thought would be a 15 goal a season striker which is a big deal in the Championship. Injuries again have ruined his season. Hopeful he can make it back.

Biamou – wasn’t sure if going up would be a step too far. I realise he is marmite but I really do want him to succeed and I think he will be given another chance.

Baka – thought he had youth on his side and might be ok. Done nothing to suggest that is now the case.

Jones – thought he would recover from his injuries and be really good. Groundhog day. Possibly last chance saloon.

Kastaneer – thought he couln’t be as bad as last year. He has been.

Jobello – thought he would shake off his ACL and be a good impact sub. May be game over at Cov.

Pask – didn’t have a clue due to his lack of opportunities in L1. Looked good as a sub, not so hot when he starts.

Grendal – bang on form did everything I expected of him. Will be retained for next season…expect more of the same.

Sky Blue Harry H

When we got promoted how did you think our existing players would get on in the Championship and how has that opinion changed?

Here’s my thoughts:

Marosi – thought he would be fine. Was not great up until the Cardiff collision. Injury is a mother that may possibly have long-term peripheral vision issues. Remember the Peter Cech head injury, was never the same player again. Hope he makes it back.

Wilson – thought no way he would make the transition. Still occasionally error prone but performed way better than expected. Can he cut out the mistakes and improve further? I would think not, but he has improved so dramatically in one year who knows?

Dabo – thought he would be a star in the championship. Just needed to tighten up a bit defensively and improve his final ball into the box. Injury has robbed us of our best attacking threat. Needs to get fully fit for next season.

Rose – if you had asked me which player would be the most likely to shine in the higher league, I would have said Rose. Awesome last year, hardly had a bad game. As MR describes him our best defender. He has been a disaster this year which I think is due to the injuries. I think he will be good next year if he can shake off the injuries.

McFaz – fell into the trap of believing what I read online that he would be too old, too slow for another Championship season. Penalties aside, he has been awesome. Hopefully, got a couple more years in him, because we need his leadership.

Hyam – thought he would be fine. Has been exposed by pace. Looks better for a rest. Ever present almost which says he is good enough.

Kelly – again got caught up in his minor dip in form near the end of last season and was worried about the step up. I was wrong, we are a much better team when he is playing. Just hope the injuries are not coming along too often now he is getting older.

O’hare – no problem. If he could score from the chances he has, a club much higher up the football ladder would be buying him now.

Shippers – thought he would make a slow improvement and be a good squad player. Has stalled in his development and must do better to make it at this level.

Godden – thought would be a 15 goal a season striker which is a big deal in the Championship. Injuries again have ruined his season. Hopeful he can make it back.

Biamou – wasn’t sure if going up would be a step too far. I realise he is marmite but I really do want him to succeed and I think he will be given another chance.

Baka – thought he had youth on his side and might be ok. Done nothing to suggest that is now the case.

Jones – thought he would recover from his injuries and be really good. Groundhog day. Possibly last chance saloon.

Jobello – thought he would shake off his ACL and be a good impact sub. May be game over at Cov.

Pask – didn’t have a clue due to his lack of opportunities in L1. Looked good as a sub, not so hot when he starts.

Grendal – bang on form did everything I expected of him. Will be retained for next season…expect more of the same.

You saved the joke for the last line, then failed on delivery because you misspelt his name !

Hertsccfc

Here’s my thoughts:

Really good post and I agree with virtually all of that.

I did think Kastaneer could be as bad again.

Users who are viewing this thread