Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (45 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
He's a doctor , we must believe every word .... as we are constantly told

Yet he is saying he has been called into work after as it's so busy and hospitals are like they were in the Winter which is why lockdown shouldn't be lifted.

Yet the stats say something different.

Nick

Administrator
Who is telling us that? Scrutinise everything if you can. I'm so tired of this shit now though I can barely bring myself to look at the news stories and that.

The media don't want lockdown to end.

It has been obvious for months, they have a Dr clearly lying. You have that other bellend on the ITV scaremongering as well.

Evo1883

Clear scare mongering.

The stats say this Dr is chatting shit:

Winter 2019 ?

That ended in February 2020 .

Covid came about in March 2020 or am I missing something

OK after rewatching he's saying hospitals are as busy in June as they were in winter 2019 .

Fair enough

However the stats are there to see in terms of ICU and admissions .

I think you misunderstood his point nick in all honesty which is easily done based on that interview

Last edited:

Tommo1993

Once a presenter challenges a doctors claims, they’re labelled ‘deniers’ by weirdos who want to push lockdowns.

Ian1779

Don't I?

Think you mistake me for somebody else. Read through about my views on MPs, regardless of their party.
But they are generic comments - not specific. No a Dr shouldn’t lie on TV to people, but neither should the PM, or the Health Secretary or anyone else in a position of responsibility.
Are you more outraged this time because of the potential personal impact? Not having a dig but so many people have just ignored the lies, but when it impacts them personally then the outrage arrives.

Reactions: PVA

chiefdave

Clear scare mongering.

The stats say this Dr is chatting shit:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare
Was he specifically talking about covid hospitalisations?
Edit: Its not really a great mystery why people are turning up at A&E, its the only way you can get to see a doctor. I have a few, hopefully minor, ongoing health issues, which were being dealt with by my local surgery pre-covid, but I haven't been able to see a doctor for 18 months.

I tried today to get an appointment as I had to go and collect some paperwork from the surgery (seems they haven't heard of the post office or email) and was told there's still no face to face appointments. You have to ring in the morning to request a phone appointment but its only same day and one issue per call. People on our my local Facebook group have reported being in a phone queue for more than 4 hours only to finally get through and be told there's no more appointments, try again tomorrow.

Skybluefaz

Ambiguous fucking language tbf. 'levels of activity at A and E' I think the line was. Could mean all sorts. Don't look for any key covid information out of a conversation between Dr Ranj and Jermaine Jenas is probably the lesson here.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Edit: Its not really a great mystery why people are turning up at A&E, its the only way you can get to see a doctor. I have a few, hopefully minor, ongoing health issues, which were being dealt with by my local surgery pre-covid, but I haven't been able to see a doctor for 18 months.

I tried today to get an appointment as I had to go and collect some paperwork from the surgery (seems they haven't heard of the post office or email) and was told there's still no face to face appointments. You have to ring in the morning to request a phone appointment but its only same day and one issue per call. People on our my local Facebook group have reported being in a phone queue for more than 4 hours only to finally get through and be told there's no more appointments, try again tomorrow.
Genuinely if that’s the service you are getting move to a proper doctors. Family had great service from Gp and hospital over the last month or so

skybluetony176

Government giving out mix messages already over July 19th “freedom day”. They sent Kwasi out on the media rounds this morning with a message of caution, moment Boris gets asked about it he’s positive. Not sure what’s changed in the figures from this morning for the message to change.

On a separate note how long before one of the prominent right wing snowflakes start quoting the freedom speech from Braveheart?

Brighton Sky Blue

Government giving out mix messages already over July 19th “freedom day”. They sent Kwasi out on the media rounds this morning with a message of caution, moment Boris gets asked about it he’s positive. Not sure what’s changed in the figures from this morning for the message to change.

On a separate note how long before one of the prominent right wing snowflakes start quoting the freedom speech from Braveheart?

I think it’s more to dampen expectations from some quarters that COVID will be completely forgotten on that date and that masks/testing will disappear. In practice, I think it means that businesses will be allowed full capacity across the board but some other precautions will linger on.

hill83

Great opportunity to admit you might have made a mistake interpreting what was being said Nick. Or continue windmilling, but it’s late and it’s a big day tomorrow.

Sky Blue Pete

It's pretty common.

I have to ring up at 8, on hold 2 hours last home for a 3 minute phone call.
I’m not sure it’s too common

I order my repeat prescription at styvechale pharmacy and collect it from a machine
My daughter has had 2 Gp appointments and blood tests
My wife has had a consultant appointment and follow up Gp on the phone
My sister had a breast cancer diagnosis and has a date early July for her radiotherapy

Maybe it’s mixed but the service I’ve received has been phenomenal

robbiekeane

That ‘within 28 days‘ thing is bollocks too...you could get tested for negative the first day of the month,get run over by a bus a few weeks after,then be shown as having corona aftetwards
Yes you could. It’s a statistical proxy and one that obviously has an extremely high correlation with deaths caused by covid. It’s quicker and it’s manageable and it’s not even worth talking about.

shmmeee

That ‘within 28 days‘ thing is bollocks too...you could get tested for negative the first day of the month,get run over by a bus a few weeks after,then be shown as having corona aftetwards

You can also die of COVID having never had a test or having one more than 28 days ago.

Seriously mate. If you are still thinking the pandemic is a conspiracy after this it’s probably best to accept media beyond CBeebies isn’t good for you.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes you could. It’s a statistical proxy and one that obviously has an extremely high correlation with deaths caused by covid. It’s quicker and it’s manageable and it’s not even worth talking about.

It is also a shift away from ‘COVID mentioned on death certificate’ which adds another 25k to the death toll.

Users who are viewing this thread