Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (16 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Mentioned here previously about Cov being a long way behind vaccine wise due to its relatively youthful population

CCFCSteve

The number traced to the rave was very low I thought?

Yeah, it was, think he’s saying similar to me, there were really low rates at the time of the event, add to that the requirement to have a negative test before entering and you’d expect minimal cases attached to event. Would be different if it happened now (I’d like to know by how much though, that’s why we need pilots to continue)

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, it was, think he’s saying similar to me, there were really low rates at the time of the event, add to that the requirement to have a negative test before entering and you’d expect minimal cases attached to event. Would be different if it happened now (I’d like to know by how much though, that’s why we need pilots to continue)

My argument is really that restaurants and weddings are on nothing like the scale of a rave and it could have been done especially in the latter case. Take a test at the venue or provide evidence of vaccination and job done.

My biggest COVID bugbear is nothing actually to do this but the continuing obsession with sanitising all surfaces and spraying disinfectant everywhere when we know very clearly surface transmission isn’t a thing. More evidence driven precautions please

CCFCSteve

Mentioned here previously about Cov being a long way behind vaccine wise due to its relatively youthful population

Yeah, Birmingham’s well behind also. It’s a combination of age and ethnicity I think. Regions have been able accelerate down the age ranges quicker depending on demographic (mentioned before my ex is only 40 and had second dose two weeks ago, a mate in late 30s had been double jabbed even earlier) , however, I’d imagine even though younger age groups have proved keen to get vaccinated, percentage wise it will still be lower than the oldies

We then have the perfect storm with the Indian variant ie being more prevalent in multi cultural towns and cities (people returning from India in densely populated areas, multi generational houses) and these areas also being where vaccine take up is sometimes/usually lower (due to age/demographic) so spread isn’t slowed.

SBT

My argument is really that restaurants and weddings are on nothing like the scale of a rave and it could have been done especially in the latter case. Take a test at the venue or provide evidence of vaccination and job done.

My biggest COVID bugbear is nothing actually to do this but the continuing obsession with sanitising all surfaces and spraying disinfectant everywhere when we know very clearly surface transmission isn’t a thing. More evidence driven precautions please

Weddings, you say? 🧐

Vaccination-wise, I'm totally with you. If it's been two weeks since your second jab, you should be able to go wild - just a shame we don't have a proper way of certifying that yet, otherwise it becomes a free-for-all.

The testing stuff I'm a little more dubious - whether it's Supreme Court nomination parties at the White House, or Rotherham's training facility, there are plenty of events where testing has been mandatory and they've still turned into super-spreader events. Like I said, if you put too much faith in the tests, you can end up getting burned, and I don't know how much we want to be risking that at this precise moment.

And the sanitising stuff drives me nuts! How are we still doing this one year on?!

wingy

Weddings, you say? 🧐

Vaccination-wise, I'm totally with you. If it's been two weeks since your second jab, you should be able to go wild - just a shame we don't have a proper way of certifying that yet, otherwise it becomes a free-for-all.

The testing stuff I'm a little more dubious - whether it's Supreme Court nomination parties at the White House, or Rotherham's training facility, there are plenty of events where testing has been mandatory and they've still turned into super-spreader events. Like I said, if you put too much faith in the tests, you can end up getting burned, and I don't know how much we want to be risking that at this precise moment.

And the sanitising stuff drives me nuts! How are we still doing this one year on?!
Be interesting to know if sanitation has cut other possible infections?

SBAndy

Italy to bring in 5-day quarantine for all UK travellers. That will disrupt fans’ travel for the potential QF in Rome. Don’t think there’s even 5 days between the R16 and the QF.

jordan210

EC basically failed in their attempt to try and retrospectively enforce primacy of their contract with Astra Zeneca over any others

The spin from the EU is crazy. They are trying to make out that they won and will get 10 euros pre dose not delivered.

Without mentioning that the judge said AZ should provide 80m by sep. They have all ready delivered 70,

Grendel

There is defiantly a push. All my children have booked in and all second jabs are also well within the 12 weeks. All are in their 20’s and one only just 20 whose second booking is only 6 weeks after the first

D

Deleted member 11652

There is defiantly a push. All my children have booked in and all second jabs are also well within the 12 weeks. All are in their 20’s and one only just 20 whose second booking is only 6 weeks after the first

They text me Thursday saying I can book in and I was in at Wheelwright lane at 2 the same day. Arm was killing me yesterday struggled to lift my pint

stupot07

Awww ermmmm who‘s offended? You? Diddums...it’s a play on words,not hurting anybody
Coronavirus isn't influenza, which is a different family of viruses. So not only is it a shit play on words, its factually incorrect.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Just managed to change my second vaccine centre from some local church to Ashton Gate and get it done 3 and a half weeks earlier than I would have done.

Users who are viewing this thread