Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (18 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Jealous of that tbh.

I actually got it significantly cheaper by buying from amazon.de - imported from germany complete with EU plug which I just swapped for a british one. It arrived in 3 days or something. Not sure if you could do that post brexit.

TomRad85

I have had a kind of paternity leave given my daughter was born only 6 weeks before lockdown. Moved house. Got a bean to cup coffee machine. Got a dishwasher.
A daughter, a coffee machine and a dishwasher? We have a winner.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

In the shitty things that have happened to me in the last 16 months chart, lockdowm doesn't even make the top ten so I suppose the upside of that is it hasn't affected me as much as other people.
And even though I've had some shit I know a few people who have really been through the wringer so there's always people worse off. Just got to keep going folks, things will get better.

COV

In the shitty things that have happened to me in the last 16 months chart, lockdowm doesn't even make the top ten so I suppose the upside of that is it hasn't affected me as much as other people.
And even though I've had some shit I know a few people who have really been through the wringer so there's always people worse off. Just got to keep going folks, things will get better.

I hear you, sometimes it doesn't feel like it though. Had so much shit going on I have barely even noticed COVID, and a lot of it has barely registered. I don't care about lockdowns being delayed, its so insignificant on the scale of things that can go wrong in life.

Tommo1993

Someone on Facebook was saying Uhcw was really busy. I checked the statistics that everyone has access to. There are 6 patients and 1 in itu. People just make stuff up

People just love to stir a load of nothing. Hospitals do get busy sometimes! Probably more sun stroke cases than Covid.

David O'Day

Someone on Facebook was saying Uhcw was really busy. I checked the statistics that everyone has access to. There are 6 patients and 1 in itu. People just make stuff up

Happened in this thread a lot to. Someone's random nurse/wife/missus/cat would tell the story how bad it was and then the head of UHCW would say it was nonsense.

Saddlebrains

Happened in this thread a lot to. Someone's random nurse/wife/missus/cat would tell the story how bad it was and then the head of UHCW would say it was nonsense.

Tbf im one that gets info as my mates a doctor at UHCW. Backs up whats been said above, few in, nothing major, mainly young and only spending 2 or 3 nights in there. No one getting anywhere near ICU

jordan210

This is interesting which suggests a lot of short stay admissions. It is obviously not the entire picture though as the numbers occupying beds and on ventilators has gone up.

Patients in ICU isn't going up massively even patients in hospital isn't jumping up. Remember that figure also includes people who are already in hospital for other issues who then test positive.

The last few days of deaths from the NHS are mainly 80+ Cant be many unvaccinated over 80+. So not sure what's going on there.

Sick Boy

Come on then you negative lot, I wanna hear some positive lockdown stories from you, and no I'm not shitting on the thousands dead before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, I just wanna hear some good news stories personal to you.
Thanks to this my work has decided I can work from home full time. My wife has done her private tutoring from home full time during the last year, which as she is pregnant, was very much needed. To top it off looks like I've just saved £12,000 in stamp duty.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I launched my own business and am crazily busy 👍🏼

fernandopartridge

Patients in ICU isn't going up massively even patients in hospital isn't jumping up. Remember that figure also includes people who are already in hospital for other issues who then test positive.

The last few days of deaths from the NHS are mainly 80+ Cant be many unvaccinated over 80+. So not sure what's going on there.

It's gone up 33% over the last month albeit from a smaller base. The fact that it incudes people in hospital for other reasons is irrelevant tbh, it is still a person on a ventilator which reduces capacity by 1. In any case, why would somebody with covid be on a ventilator for any other reason?

Users who are viewing this thread