Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (25 Viewers)

Evo1883

Maybe they don't feel we are ready yet to start again in the new gender neutral society 🤔

Brighton Sky Blue

Mate

I'm starting to lose patience

Especially when you see the G7 leaders sharing wives and licking eachothers faces enjoying a good old jolly .

Let's take bets now

A double delta turbo RX variant will come about and we keep this bollocks going into autumn and then ofcourse autumn will see more cases start to happen and the old "learn to live with it " never really happens at all in 2021

22,500 can go to Wembley
Thousands can go to Test matches for 5 days
Boris can have a mega BBQ on the beach with no distancing

But I can’t have 40 vaccinated people at a wedding

Evo1883

And when they are out of people to vaccinate , i fully expect pets to start being blamed .

And we won't come out until all gerbils, dogs , cats and lizards have been vaccinated .

Evo1883

Meanwhile in INDIA itself where the variant came from and caused huge problems in an unvaccinated country .

Now at 20,000 new cases a day
From a population of over a billion

Sharp rise and sharp fall over a month and a half

What are we expecting to happen here in a heavily vaccinated population of less than 70 million

They're starting to pull our plonkers

SBT

Let's take bets now

A double delta turbo RX variant will come about and we keep this bollocks going into autumn and then ofcourse autumn will see more cases start to happen and the old "learn to live with it " never really happens at all in 2021

I’ll bet against this every time. £100 to the charity of the winner’s choice?

Evo1883

India also seen a seriously sharp fall in cases despite only 3.5% of the population being fully vaccinated and many of its people living in less space than us here in the UK , unless you live in Manor farm

What's happened there then ?

ovduk78

22,500 can go to Wembley
Thousands can go to Test matches for 5 days
Boris can have a mega BBQ on the beach with no distancing

But I can’t have 40 vaccinated people at a wedding
What I don't understand is all the restriction inconsistencies. I was at a cremation in Rugby on Friday & 40 people were allowed to go to the service and another 20 to the wake afterwards at a pub. Nobody had to show proof of vaccine/negative test and we weren't all part of a mega bubble as not all of us live in Rugby. Why the different rules for a funeral and a wedding?

shmmeee

What I don't understand is all the restriction inconsistencies. I was at a cremation in Rugby on Friday & 40 people were allowed to go to the service and another 20 to the wake afterwards at a pub. Nobody had to show proof of vaccine/negative test and we weren't all part of a mega bubble as not all of us live in Rugby. Why the different rules for a funeral and a wedding?

People tend to only get one funeral I guess.

Brighton Sky Blue

I guess they would say the behaviour is likely to be different which could affect transmission. But Scotland has been allowing 50 at weddings this whole time so I really do not see why we are being put on parity with nightclubs as the absolute last to reopen.

The missus has given me a heads up she will probably be a mess this evening. Was pretty much the main thing keeping her going through lockdown and if Boris takes it away it’ll be a bridge too far

Saddlebrains

Fucking had enough of this

if we cant unlock now when will we?

This will be the final straw for a lot of people. Can sadly foresee another spike of suicides with this shit

NorthernWisdom

What needless risk are you put at?
Seems half of you lot want to hug me and breathe in my face before I've had two vaccines.

Anyway, I'm not going to let myself get ill (again) because of stupid morons who decide they know better than the medics and the science and, more importantly, don't accept there are many issues all over the place. This ain't about me, ain't about you - it's about society. I'll leave you with this, and you can go swivel if you disagree.

Can't we just agree on the following?!?

If the medical advice, unfiltered, from Whitty and co. is that masks, distancing, and whatever measures are no longer needed come June 21st then we go with it, because they are the experts with ability to interpret, and also have more access to data than the rest of us. This is with the proviso and understanding that there will be outliers who are not safe yet, and others where psychologically, the challenge will be to assimilate.

If the medical advice, unfiltered, from Whitty and co. is that masks, distancing, and whatever measures *are* needed come June 21st then we go with it, because they are the experts with ability to interpret, and also have more access to data than the rest of us. This is with the proviso and understanding that there will be outliers who suffer medically because of that, and others where psychologically, the challenge will be to continue.

Just what is wrong with that?!?

Nick

Administrator
Seems half of you lot want to hug me and breathe in my face before I've had two vaccines.

Anyway, I'm not going to let myself get ill (again) because of stupid morons who decide they know better than the medics and the science and, more importantly, don't accept there are many issues all over the place. This ain't about me, ain't about you - it's about society. who have little sympathy. I'll leave you with this, and you can go swivel if you disagree.

You don't have to go out though so how is it putting you at risk?

This is the issue, people are "stupid morons" because they want to get on with their lives?

Brighton Sky Blue

Anyway, I'm not going to let myself get ill (again) because of stupid morons who decide they know better than the medics and the science and, more importantly, don't accept there are many issues all over the place. This ain't about me, ain't about you - it's about society. I'll leave you with this, and you can go swivel if you disagree.

Am I stupid for wanting a vaccinated wedding in mid July?

CCFCSteve

They need to speed up the amount of 2nd vaccines given, why are the figures so gash these days?

250k first doses on Saturday isn’t bad (574k in total). As first doses are now Moderna and Pfizer (for the young uns) I wonder how many we are holding and what the supplies like. AZ were churning out 2m+ per week I think

Also, the roll out is heavily reliant on volunteers so think this dipped during half term/decent weather (guessing docs etc also on holiday). As BSB says, numbers haven’t been too bad last few days

Users who are viewing this thread