Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (28 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

What gets my goat is this

Just to flatten the curve
Just until Christmas
Just until the vulnerable are vaccinated
Just until Easter
Just until 100% of over 50s are vaccinated
Just until June 21st
Just 4 more weeks

I may be throwing a bit of a paddy but im struggling with it now. Im sat here wondering what I've had 2 jabs for, and my biggest worry is that of we dont do it in the height of summer, when the hell are we ever going too?

Got to me today it really has, apologies

shmmeee

What gets my goat is this

Just to flatten the curve
Just until Christmas
Just until the vulnerable are vaccinated
Just until Easter
Just until 100% of over 50s are vaccinated
Just until June 21st
Just 4 more weeks

I may be throwing a bit of a paddy but im struggling with it now. Im sat here wondering what I've had 2 jabs for, and my biggest worry is that of we dont do it in the height of summer, when the hell are we ever going too?

Got to me today it really has, apologies

If we get to a point where everyone over 40 has had two jabs and time for them to become effective I’ll be right there with you demanding the end of lockdown.

But we always knew something like the variant could push plans back a few weeks and that’s all this is.

The government shouldn’t have been giving the impression it’s almost over when no one sensible thought it was TBF.

Nick

Administrator
If we get to a point where everyone over 40 has had two jabs and time for them to become effective I’ll be right there with you demanding the end of lockdown.

But we always knew something like the variant could push plans back a few weeks and that’s all this is.

The government shouldn’t have been giving the impression it’s almost over when no one sensible thought it was TBF.

Yes until the next variant. Then everybody over 30.
The next one, everybody over 20.

Rinse and Repeat.

shmmeee

Yes until the next variant. Then everybody over 30.
The next one, everybody over 20.

Rinse and Repeat.

Not really. They didn’t do anything for the first variants. And once everyone’s vaccinated there’s nothing more we can do anyway. The problem now is the vaccination rate not the variant per se.

TomRad85

Come on then you negative lot, I wanna hear some positive lockdown stories from you, and no I'm not shitting on the thousands dead before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, I just wanna hear some good news stories personal to you.
Thanks to this my work has decided I can work from home full time. My wife has done her private tutoring from home full time during the last year, which as she is pregnant, was very much needed. To top it off looks like I've just saved £12,000 in stamp duty.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Why is Gove talking about extending furlough past September?

Even if we don't open up on 21 June surely by September pretty much everyone should have had one jab, think if we kept to the original timetable and 12 week gap (and we seem to be ahead and shortening the gap) everyone was double jabbed by mid-October.

What are they expecting to still be closed after that?
Either Gove was talking bollocks (surely not?) or they've changed their mind as its now being reported there will be no furlough extension even though we're not unlocking on June 21st. So that means the furlough scheme will start winding down on July 1st before all restrictions are lifted.

Skybluefaz

Come on then you negative lot, I wanna hear some positive lockdown stories from you, and no I'm not shitting on the thousands dead before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, I just wanna hear some good news stories personal to you.
Thanks to this my work has decided I can work from home full time. My wife has done her private tutoring from home full time during the last year, which as she is pregnant, was very much needed. To top it off looks like I've just saved £12,000 in stamp duty.

Erm, nah I really don't have anything in the grand scheme of it. Actually I gained from not having to sit an exam last year for my degree. Bout it though. Congrats on the incoming baby btw.

TomRad85

Erm, nah I really don't have anything in the grand scheme of it. Actually I gained from not having to sit an exam last year for my degree. Bout it though. Congrats on the incoming baby btw.
Thanks man. 4 weeks to go!

hill83

England won yesterday. And we stayed up. Other than that I’ve got nothing positive at all.

Grendel

Either Gove was talking bollocks (surely not?) or they've changed their mind as its now being reported there will be no furlough extension even though we're not unlocking on June 21st. So that means the furlough scheme will start winding down on July 1st before all restrictions are lifted.

The difference in July is marginal and it’s highly likely those still furloughed will be still on until the end of September - frankly I don’t really see what the point is of it now and what will change for employers on October 1

Saddlebrains

My favourite bit was when we won a league title for the first time in 50 odd years and couldn't celebrate it with a parade or see the trophy lift.............

PVA

Had our first child in November so got to spend a lot of time with my little girl instead of the usual 2 weeks paternity leave.

We have been back in the office for about 3 months though.

Good luck with the baby! Is it your first?

Skybluefaz

My favourite bit was when we won a league title for the first time in 50 odd years and couldn't celebrate it with a parade or see the trophy lift.............
I think this is the main point. Anything good has been offset by missing out on life experiences you can't put a price on.

But then missing out has saved the lives of others...

It's such a fucking confusing, shit, polarising situation I don't blame anyone venting either way on here.

skyblueinBaku

Hopefully I do understand what Nick is saying. Very very few deaths even with the large uptick in infections is a massive positive
Uptick Increase.

TomRad85

Had our first child in November so got to spend a lot of time with my little girl instead of the usual 2 weeks paternity leave.

We have been back in the office for about 3 months though.

Good luck with the baby! Is it your first?
Congrats mate, glad to hear you got to spend some quality time with your daughter.

Yes it's my first, and as my wife is self employed I get to take a fat old chunk of paternity leave too. Everything coming up Tom atm.

hill83

I was trying to be nice but like when I’m honest it makes no difference does it?

It just pissed me off. Want me to quote every single time you’ve moaned about something with at least you are alive?
And the initial post was fine, it’s the response to me saying my sons good health isn’t lockdown related. Then it looks to me like it’s being made out I can’t say lockdown has been shit for me because other people on this thread have lost people close to them.

PVA

Congrats mate, glad to hear you got to spend some quality time with your daughter.

Yes it's my first, and as my wife is self employed I get to take a fat old chunk of paternity leave too. Everything coming up Tom atm.

Nice, good luck with it all. It's the best thing ever (y)

fernandopartridge

I have had a kind of paternity leave given my daughter was born only 6 weeks before lockdown. Moved house. Got a bean to cup coffee machine. Got a dishwasher.

Users who are viewing this thread