Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (59 Viewers)

Sick Boy

3700 yesterday check there cases last week barley 1000, it dont jump to 50k over night, build up over time, the uk clearly is going about it the right way considering we was at 50k cases. Day in August for a point, then it dropped off as fast as it built up,
There were around 3,000 last Saturday, what are you going on about?

duffer

No I didn't, the death rate is lower the the flu.

No it really isn't. You are absolutely and completely making shit up, presumably because you don't want to suffer any personal inconvenience.

Who's the real baby here?

There are some people whose mixture of ignorance and arrogance means that they really shouldn't be allowed near a computer, because they are literally dangerously stupid.

Do some actual fucking research and stop posting bollocks to justify your sense of entitlement. I'm sorry for the tone, but anyone who compares Covid to the flu is a certifiable moron.

Grendel

Italy has vaccinated a higher percentage of the population than the UK and had 3,700 cases yesterday, what are you on about?

it has 3,000 in hospital so the cases can’t be accurate which again makes it a pointless stat really

Sick Boy

it has 3,000 in hospital so the cases can’t be accurate which again makes it a pointless stat really
Have you got a link to that data? From what I can see on the 18th October there were 358 in ICU.
I don't think there is a major conspiracy/cover up going on to hide cases.

Kieranp96

No it really isn't. You are absolutely and completely making shit up, presumably because you don't want to suffer any personal inconvenience.

There are some people whose mixture of ignorance and arrogance means that they really shouldn't be allowed near a computer, because they are literally dangerously stupid.

Do some actual fucking research and stop posting bollocks to justify your sense of entitlement. I'm sorry for the tone, but anyone who compares Covid to the flu is a certifiable moron.
Hmm website looks bollocks prove real science not some bollocks, they cant even do the maths correct.

Kieranp96

You have also gone for the elderly, please find a study that does all age groups.

Kieranp96

Have you got a link to that data? From what I can see on the 18th October there were 358 in ICU.
358 in icu? Yet uk has what 800? Yet our cases are nearly 20x there as grendal says something dont make sense.

Kieranp96

Does your misses know about your bf or do you keep it a secret m8
She knows alot more than my bf %😜, shes been here since I was a fat fuck, I love how you result to trying to insult me, because you csnt be bothered talking like a man to me.

Grendel

your starting to sound like astute - its down from 2.7k to 2.4K in the last few days it’s hardly a cover up the infections are based on testing and for some reason the U.K. is testing 4 times more than Europe now

robbiekeane

A medical guy on the radio confirmed our rate of infection is partly due to the fact we do test far more than most comparative countries - at present 4 times more that Germany and France.
I really don't understand why they don't show positive cases as a percentage of tests taken? They must be deliberately not controlling for that for some reason it's so obvious

Sick Boy

Grendel

I really don't understand why they don't show positive cases as a percentage of tests taken? They must be deliberately not controlling for that for some reason it's so obvious

the U.K. tests are around 1 million a day so it’s not surprising 50,000 are recorded - a lot of the positives also are in the south west Wiltshire Somerset and Avon which has something to do with the Wolverhampton false test issue - why I don’t know

Grendel

Grendel

It’s 892 today so it’s obvious the actual rest data is not a correlation of hospital and ICU when you make cross country comparisons

duffer

Hmm website looks bollocks prove real science not some bollocks, they cant even do the maths correct.

What's bollocks is your complete ignorance. Try reading it again... here's the magic phrase that shoots down your ludicrous comparison to flu...

The death rate among COVID-19 patients was 18.5%, while it was 5.3% for those with the flu. Those with COVID were nearly five times more likely to die than flu patients, according to the study published online Dec. 15 in the BMJ.

You'll notice there's nothing about age in that phrase. In fact there's nothing about age in that study, other than to point out that the average age was the same for both groups (flu and Covid). In scientific terms, broadly speaking, that's controlling for age to show that it isn't a factor in the difference in death rate. Read it again for yourself.

Have a read of this too, which also blows apart your argument:

Here's the ONS data. That's the Office of National Statistics, the UK's largest independent producer of official statistics and its recognised national statistical institute:

I reckon they know a bit more about maths than you do, mate. They say:
  • In comparison with the deaths due to influenza and pneumonia occurring in the year to 31 August 2020, deaths due to COVID-19 have been higher than every year monthly data are available (1959 to 2020).
And here again, just published, the British Medical Journal reviews all the studies...

And comes to the conclusion. "The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated that in the US there were 1.8 deaths from flu per 100 000 population between 1999 and 2019.8 The estimated death rate from covid was 217.54 per 100 000 in the US and 206.73 per 100 000 in the UK"

So, how about a bet?

You provide actual scientific evidence like I've done, so peer-reviewed studies or official statistics, that back up your ludicrous claim that Covid is no more serious than seasonal flu and I'll give Nick £50 for a charity of his choice, and stay off the forum for a year. Facebook bullshit, or 'fat bloke down the pub told me' doesn't count I'm afraid.

If you can't provide evidence to that standard, then you do the same. Stay off the forum for a year, and give Nick £50 for a charity of his choice.

I get the impression you think this is a bit of a laugh, and I'm all for freedom of speech, but not when someone is spreading dangerously stupid lies.

Frankly mate, you're a menace, and when you either chicken out of the bet or lose it (as you will), then everyone here will see that - and hopefully remind you of it every single time you post your bullshit.

duffer

your starting to sound like astute - its down from 2.7k to 2.4K in the last few days it’s hardly a cover up the infections are based on testing and for some reason the U.K. is testing 4 times more than Europe now

I'm not quite sure where you're going with this. Is there a suggestion that because we're testing more it's somehow influencing the number of people getting ill and/or dying from Covid? That seems illogical.

Here are the figures for people dying of Covid in the last seven days (I've gone for Western Europe, populations are: Germany a bit more than us, Italy a bit less, France about the same, Spain about 2/3rds ish of ours):

UK: 764
Germany: 390
Italy: 221
Spain: 128
France: 94

Is the difference in deaths down to us testing proportionately more than those places this week, or is it perhaps something to do with the way we're managing the pandemic?

(from COVID-19 deaths per capita by country | Statista)

Kieranp96

What's bollocks is your complete ignorance. Try reading it again... here's the magic phrase that shoots down your ludicrous comparison to flu...

The death rate among COVID-19 patients was 18.5%, while it was 5.3% for those with the flu. Those with COVID were nearly five times more likely to die than flu patients, according to the study published online Dec. 15 in the BMJ.

You'll notice there's nothing about age in that phrase. In fact there's nothing about age in that study, other than to point out that the average age was the same for both groups (flu and Covid). In scientific terms, broadly speaking, that's controlling for age to show that it isn't a factor in the difference in death rate. Read it again for yourself.

Have a read of this too, which also blows apart your argument:

Here's the ONS data. That's the Office of National Statistics, the UK's largest independent producer of official statistics and its recognised national statistical institute:

I reckon they know a bit more about maths than you do, mate. They say:
  • In comparison with the deaths due to influenza and pneumonia occurring in the year to 31 August 2020, deaths due to COVID-19 have been higher than every year monthly data are available (1959 to 2020).
And here again, just published, the British Medical Journal reviews all the studies...

And comes to the conclusion. "The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated that in the US there were 1.8 deaths from flu per 100 000 population between 1999 and 2019.8 The estimated death rate from covid was 217.54 per 100 000 in the US and 206.73 per 100 000 in the UK"

So, how about a bet?

You provide actual scientific evidence like I've done, so peer-reviewed studies or official statistics, that back up your ludicrous claim that Covid is no more serious than seasonal flu and I'll give Nick £50 for a charity of his choice, and stay off the forum for a year. Facebook bullshit, or 'fat bloke down the pub told me' doesn't count I'm afraid.

If you can't provide evidence to that standard, then you do the same. Stay off the forum for a year, and give Nick £50 for a charity of his choice.

I get the impression you think this is a bit of a laugh, and I'm all for freedom of speech, but not when someone is spreading dangerously stupid lies.

Frankly mate, you're a menace, and when you either chicken out of the bet or lose it (as you will), then everyone here will see that - and hopefully remind you of it every single time you post your bullshit.
Why would I be betting? Lmao get lost ya freak, I will find evidence when I want but I aint getting myself into a gambling situation.

Sick Boy

Why would I be betting? Lmao get lost ya freak, I will find evidence when I want but I aint getting myself into a gambling situation.
A charity donation is hardly a path to a slippery slope. Unless of course you’re not confident of winning the argument?

Kieranp96

In other words - Duffers made you look like a tit, and you don't have any evidence for the shite that you're posting.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
I remember seei g it everywhere that covid had a higher infections rate and lower mortality rate sometime last year when everyone was freaking out.

Kieranp96

In other words - Duffers made you look like a tit, and you don't have any evidence for the shite that you're posting.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
And if he made me look like a tit so what I still am not a betting, I didn't lose like 17k in a few months like 5 years ago and self exclude myself if I was going to gsmble again.

Skybluefaz

Na you all just lefty bores, who want to hide.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread