Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (16 Viewers)

robbiekeane

Perfect thanks. Could you share the link to that date? How far back does it go. For a very long time I couldn’t find anything like this.

Surely the total number of cases shouldn’t ever be reported without the figures in the top chart also? What relevance is it to compare number of cases today and make sweeping statements like “it’s the highest number of cases since March…”?

I am not saying the % of positives isn’t as high as March it could well be, but comparing absolutes is ridiculous

chiefdave

chiefdave

Perfect thanks. Could you share the link to that date? How far back does it go. For a very long time I couldn’t find anything like this.

Surely the total number of cases shouldn’t ever be reported without the figures in the top chart also? What relevance is it to compare number of cases today and make sweeping statements like “it’s the highest number of cases since March…”?

I am not saying the % of positives isn’t as high as March it could well be, but comparing absolutes is ridiculous
Take a look here, you can pick what countries you want and there's all sorts of data you can pick from.

For me cases is only really any use for spotting trends in a particular country, even then you have to assume the criteria for testing in that particular country hasn't changed.

For example you can look at our numbers and see that testing has been relatively flat for months, dips down when schools are off but other than that fairly consistent. So you can then look at changes in cases and get a idea of the direction we're going in. So this week tests were again flat with just a 1.4% increase on the previous week, yet cases are up 18.1%.

As ever its better to look at hospitalisations and deaths, up 9.1% and 15.8% respectively. Been mentioned many times on this thread that excess deaths will be the best indication but there's a lag of months in getting those figures, the data up to 2nd July was published 15th October, so not much use in making reactive decisions.

CCFCSteve

Looks like there's recent research which indicates vaccination does have an impact on transmission.

Sorry, I wasn’t clear Dave. It might have a positive impact on transmission but it doesn’t stop it. As we can tell currently !!

Grendel

Blimey, I thought there was a major cover up going on in Italy. 😂😂😂

er no one said that it’s that mass testing as the U.K. does means more cases if more testing? The U.K. administered it says 6.9 million tests in a week which is a pointless measure against countries who have massively reduced test reporting

Kieranp96

Evidence is starting to show # of cases are starting to go down again, id be happy if they stayed around 30k a day over Xmas

I know most you dont like me as im straight up but I do give some entertainment

covmark

Evidence is starting to show # of cases are starting to go down again, id be happy if they stayed around 30k a day over Xmas

I know most you dont like me as im straight up but I do give some entertainment
It's not that no one likes you, know one knows you. You just talk utter shite.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

duffer

Why would I be betting? Lmao get lost ya freak, I will find evidence when I want but I aint getting myself into a gambling situation.

Because you know you're talking bollocks, so you've bottled it.

There is no evidence whatsoever for your utter bullshit. Fuck off and troll on Facebook, loser, I've just shown you for what you are.

fernandopartridge

It's burned through the school population who were the last large unvaccinated cohort so it's running out of susceptible people, especially if boosters are delivered quickly.
The boosters seem to be highly effective and quickly effective so hopefully a better Christmas and some relative relief for the NHS to come.

CCFCSteve

Yeah, good news over the last few days. It’s too early to say but maybe there was an element of the return to school spike, which Scotland also saw before cases eventually reduced...it just appeared to take a bit longer to filter through in England. Fingers crossed anyway

Also with half term for many this week, hopefully that will help. I think I heard earlier that we did 300k+ boosters on Saturday as well.

CCFCSteve

It's burned through the school population who were the last large unvaccinated cohort so it's running out of susceptible people, especially if boosters are delivered quickly.
The boosters seem to be highly effective and quickly effective so hopefully a better Christmas and some relative relief for the NHS to come.

Beat me to it ! Let’s hope so anyway

Kieranp96

Boosters seem to restore to full protection of previous two doses + some.

chiefdave

My grandparents both nearly 80 and can't actually get in so it must be everywhere else carrying the numbers up because they're shit useless here.
Looks like something has been changed so hopefully they will hear soon.

My parents were waiting and getting concerned they kept being told it wasn't available for them yet despite being past 6 months after their 2nd jabs. Both have now been booked in for this week but only got the call yesterday. I've also got mine booked in due to being on the vulnerable list, again didn't hear until this week.

Kieranp96

Looks like something has been changed so hopefully they will hear soon.

My parents were waiting and getting concerned they kept being told it wasn't available for them yet despite being past 6 months after their 2nd jabs. Both have now been booked in for this week but only got the call yesterday. I've also got mine booked in due to being on the vulnerable list, again didn't hear until this week.
Yea lets hope, I wont get mine until they run down the list and hit my age but I dont even think I will be living in the uk at this point so dont really bother me + I have natural infections immunity so I should be good for atleast another 6/8 months

Users who are viewing this thread