Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (33 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

There's been 8 million infections , and covid can be caught more than once ..

To be fair mate this shit can keep going , obviously we will eventually get ontop of it
Yep the only catch it once brigade out in force too. 8m out of 65m but it’s run through the nation lol

Kieranp96

There's been 8 million infections , and covid can be caught more than once ..

To be fair mate this shit can keep going , obviously we will eventually get ontop of it
Im sure the Pfizer vaccine is like 75% protection against reinfection and with boosters its 97% effect ive against reinfection, either way deaths and hospitalisations will not get even half of the previous waves.

Kieranp96

Yep the only catch it once brigade out in force too. 8m out of 65m but it’s run through the nation lol
I didn't say you couldn't catch it again, but natural infections protect you at 97% from reinfection + 2 jabs is 75% 3 jabs 97% common sense really, cases are only so high atm because kids, its as simple as that out the 52k cases yesterday I read somewhere like 28k were kids under 17

Evo1883

Im sure the Pfizer vaccine is like 75% protection against reinfection and with boosters its 97% effect ive against reinfection, either way deaths and hospitalisations will not get even half of the previous waves.

The vaccine probably protected me from infection at home when the missus and daughter had it .. but it never protected my missus from infection , but as her symptoms were extremely mild it did its job

Kieranp96

Do you wear a seatbelt
Do you run into roads with cars?
Do you throw away out of date food?
Do you keep toxins out of the reach of your children?
Ffs how old are you
Imagine comparing a virus something that is natural and has been around since the day the earth become I habit able to something like a car crash lmao, just go hide in your nucleaur bunker you freak.

Sky Blue Pete

I didn't say you couldn't catch it again, but natural infections protect you at 97% from reinfection + 2 jabs is 75% 3 jabs 97% common sense really, cases are only so high atm because kids, its as simple as that out the 52k cases yesterday I read somewhere like 28k were kids under 17
And the chances of long Covid under 17 are? yep I think the number of cases is not as important as deaths and hospitalisations but even so

Sky Blue Pete

Imagine comparing a virus something that is natural and has been around since the day the earth become I habit able to something like a car crash lmao, just go hide in your nucleaur bunker you freak.
Imagine not considering risk in our daily lives and taking precautions to reduce the severity of the consequences?
Freak yeah

Kieranp96

The vaccine probably protected me from infection at home when the missus and daughter had it .. but it never protected my missus from infection , but as her symptoms were extremely mild it did its job
Im not saying its 100% but it protects enough, and nooster shots only increase that number, eventually it will run out of people to infect, unless öt mutates last the vaccines, and if thats the case then it will be similar to the flu, 1 or 2 shots per year to protect the ones that are vulnrable

Kieranp96

Imagine not considering risk in our daily lives and taking precautions to reduce the severity of the consequences?
Freak yeah
Do you actually go out and be like "whoops there's scafholding I must walk a extra 20 mins to avoid it incase a brick calls of and kills me, pathetic really I dont worry about death I go out and be on my way,

Kieranp96

Just stop hiding and crying, there is no stopping it apart from vaccines and herd immunity, cant just lock down every few months because you're scared.

chiefdave

No figure in mind but hospitals are coping pretty well rn
BMA’s chair of council, Chaand Nagpaul, and the NHS Confederation urged the government to act now.

“The Westminster government said it would enact ‘plan B’ to prevent the NHS from being overwhelmed,” Nagpaul said. “As doctors working on the frontline, we can categorically say that time is now.

“The reality today is an unacceptable rate of infections, hospitalisations, and deaths, unheard of in similar European nations. It is wilfully negligent not to be taking any further action to reduce the spread of infection, such as mandatory mask wearing, physical distancing, and ventilation requirements in high risk settings, particularly indoor crowded spaces.”

Evo1883

No idea, all I know is long covid eventually clears up and is not really affecting the kids.

Il add to this one thing that long covid actually lead to the death of somebody I know , who was 63 .

I think for most people ofcourse it will get better over time

Kieranp96

Unheard of in similar nations because we're well ahead of them with everything, look at the trends in Europe now, Románia ukrain, Italy, Germany theyre all starting to get cases as a very high rate, Germany 20k cases 80 deaths yesterday, we test alot more than Germany and pick up alot more cases give it say 6 weeks and Germany, France, Poland and many others will be having more cases deaths and hospitalisations than us, and if not I will delete my account and do you all a favour as you dont like my opinions.

Kieranp96

Covid , he never had breathing issues before and never developed pneumonia , he just never recovered properly
Well sorry about your friend, but this is the first death from long covid I heard off so maybe it was a freak thing, what did they put on death cert?

Guessing rhsy done post mort as suspicious death

xcraigx

No figure in mind but hospitals are coping pretty well rn, cases will soon be dropping there cant be much more to infect around the country, I dont think hospitalisations will ever hit the 8k a day Márk they did I dont even think they would hit the 2k a day Márk + most who go in hospital atm are discharged the following day.

How do you know they are coping quite well, have you asked them all? My Brother in law was taken by ambulance to hospital with a potential heart attack earlier. An hour and a half later he's still sat in the back of the ambulance in the hospital car park because there are no beds available.

chiefdave

Hutch11

How do you know they are coping quite well, have you asked them all? My Brother in law was taken by ambulance to hospital with a potential heart attack earlier. An hour and a half later he's still sat in the back of the ambulance in the hospital car park because there are no beds available.
Could be still in the ambulance because covid protocols prohibit them from just dropping the patient off. They have to remain in the ambulance until they can be seen.
One of the major factors in having to wait so long for an ambulance in the first place, they're all in a queue at the hospital.

COV

Has covid been around since the earth became habitable?

Evo1883

Has covid been around since the earth became habitable?

giphy.gif

xcraigx

Could be still in the ambulance because covid protocols prohibit them from just dropping the patient off. They have to remain in the ambulance until they can be seen.
One of the major factors in having to wait so long for an ambulance in the first place, they're all in a queue at the hospital.

He's in a large queue of ambulances which for our local hospital in the past few months has become par for the course . The ambulance turned up at his inside a few minutes whereas a lad was knocked off his bike at 7:45am a couple of days earlier in the same area and he lay in the road in the driving rain for well over an hour before an ambulance showed up for him.

Evo1883

He's in a large queue of ambulances which for our local hospital in the past few months has become par for the course . The ambulance turned up at his inside a few minutes whereas a lad was knocked off his bike at 7:45am a couple of days earlier in the same area and he lay in the road in the driving rain for well over an hour before an ambulance showed up for him.

Missus care home can be waiting a couple hours for an ambulance .. government cuts don't help

Kieranp96

It was like this before covid 🤣, and I know this because the stats are there in the gov website einestine.

Sky Blue Pete

Do you actually go out and be like "whoops there's scafholding I must walk a extra 20 mins to avoid it incase a brick calls of and kills me, pathetic really I dont worry about death I go out and be on my way,
Course you take precautions that are measurable reasonable and sensible. J wouldn’t go 20 minutes out of my way but if there a big sign weak wall liable to collapse I don’t jump on it

Users who are viewing this thread