Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (13 Viewers)

Grendel

?? I am just showing the stats and this shows the infections cannot be accurate as it would see very odd that France would have twice as many patients needing hospital care?

Grendel

I have done screenshots straight from my Pass sanitaire. They are not guesses like what we seem to get here.

They also take things much more seriously than we do here. We carry on as though nothing is wrong. Yet in Scotland you now need their pass by law and looks like Wales will follow soon. We have the highest rate in Europe. Our hospitalisation was over 7,000 last time I looked.

Hospitalisation figures arent guesses are they? The are NHS data are they not? Also Scotland is the worst case/hospital/ICU in the UK is it not?

Grendel

Not sure what the argument is here. If you believe Frances figures or not, and not really sure why you wouldn't, surely 'there's one other country as bad as us' isn't what we should be aspiring to.

View attachment 22274

Well we aren't we have 700 in ICU now and Germany, France, Romania have more and Spain Bulgaria and Italy are rising.

Surely the conclusion is that we are seeing a natural trend that we did in Israel where the countries who vaccinated far more at the start will see a uplift if immunity through the vaccine starts to decline and that the booster jab rollout now needs to be a focus - not attempts at prevention

It also does raise a question about infection levels - as we are much higher but this is not then proportioned to Hospital/ICU etc.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I have done screenshots straight from my Pass sanitaire. They are not guesses like what we seem to get here.

They also take things much more seriously than we do here. We carry on as though nothing is wrong. Yet in Scotland you now need their pass by law and looks like Wales will follow soon. We have the highest rate in Europe. Our hospitalisation was over 7,000 last time I looked.

I never said they were guesses. I just stated that if France has 1053 people in intensive care with Covid, then its highly likely they've got a lot more cases than they're actually testing/finding/recording

The UK has over 7000 in hospital with covid but they're not all in ICU......they have less than 800 on ventilators, so broadly speaking, France has a similar population, simialr hospitalisation & similar ICU cases, yet we're supposed to believe they have about 1/8th of the level of infection/transmission......clearly it doesn't add up, so whilst France is reporting approx. 6k of new cases daily, all the key stats suggest its more likely to be similar to the UK at around 40K.

Not sure what the argument is here. If you believe Frances figures or not, and not really sure why you wouldn't, surely 'there's one other country as bad as us' isn't what we should be aspiring to.

View attachment 22274

Well indeed, & I agree.
However its inevitable that national comparisons will continue, so its inevitbable someone will notice when some stats stick out like a sore thumb (or covid toe)

skybluetony176

Perhaps France just has more ICU spaces so put more people in ICU as a precautionary measure than the UK because they can. We don’t put people in ICU until absolutely necessary as far as I can tell. Well, unless your name is Boris and you’ve been shaking hands with people who have Covid #bedblocker.

Grendel

Our testing levels are twice as many as France in total and I would guess the gap is widening

jimmyhillsfanclub

Perhaps France just has more ICU spaces so put more people in ICU as a precautionary measure than the UK because they can. We don’t put people in ICU until absolutely necessary as far as I can tell. Well, unless your name is Boris and you’ve been shaking hands with people who have Covid #bedblocker.

Ha ha...yeah thats definitely it.

Oh poor monsieur, you've got a bit of a cough......we'd better keep an eye on that.....just leapfrog the other 7000 covid patients already in our hospitals & pop yourself up on to the ICU bed theres a good chap....we'll be along soon with a coffee & a copy of L'equipe...

Grendel

Oh poor monsieur, you've got a bit of a cough......we'd better keep an eye on that.....just leapfrog the other 7000 covid patients already in our hospitals & pop yourself up on to the ICU bed theres a good chap....we'll be along soon with a coffee & a copy of L'equipe...

That is embarrassing even by his standards. Pop to an ICU in France and not a wire or a machine in sight - just a few people eating snails.

Grendel

Its fucking ridiculous, what has France got to do with us

Thats odd - you were always comparing ROI to us on Brexit and this under your previous identity?

CCFCSteve

Our testing levels are twice as many as France in total and I would guess the gap is widening

This is right and i think it has widened in recent months (even more so compared to Germany). I presume this is at least partly because we’re testing people who necessarily aren’t ill/are asymptomatic

If we’re assuming that everyone will ultimately get it at some stage and the focus is more on minimising the severe symptoms etc then infection rates probably aren’t overly helpful, however, i guess its useful to know the prevalence especially for higher risk people who might want to avoid busier places during this time

skybluetony176

I’m talking about people who have tested positive not people with a cough. I thought that was obvious.

shmmeee

Is it “pretend we have uniquely high data collection standards in the civilised world” o’clock again already?

Reactions: COV

Astute

Well we aren't we have 700 in ICU now and Germany, France, Romania have more and Spain Bulgaria and Italy are rising.

Surely the conclusion is that we are seeing a natural trend that we did in Israel where the countries who vaccinated far more at the start will see a uplift if immunity through the vaccine starts to decline and that the booster jab rollout now needs to be a focus - not attempts at prevention

It also does raise a question about infection levels - as we are much higher but this is not then proportioned to Hospital/ICU etc.
We have 7,086 in hospital. France has 1,052 in hospital. But you are using the words used to make us look better.

Astute

I never said they were guesses. I just stated that if France has 1053 people in intensive care with Covid, then its highly likely they've got a lot more cases than they're actually testing/finding/recording

The UK has over 7000 in hospital with covid but they're not all in ICU......they have less than 800 on ventilators, so broadly speaking, France has a similar population, simialr hospitalisation & similar ICU cases, yet we're supposed to believe they have about 1/8th of the level of infection/transmission......clearly it doesn't add up, so whilst France is reporting approx. 6k of new cases daily, all the key stats suggest its more likely to be similar to the UK at around 40K.

Well indeed, & I agree.
However its inevitable that national comparisons will continue, so its inevitbable someone will notice when some stats stick out like a sore thumb (or covid toe)
France has their hospital cases on ICU wards. Any kind of help puts them on the highest level. That is why most in hospital are counted in the number.

Seems a more honest way of doing it.

Astute

That is embarrassing even by his standards. Pop to an ICU in France and not a wire or a machine in sight - just a few people eating snails.
Your standard is being wrong on purpose most of the time.

Reactions: PVA

Astute

This is right and i think it has widened in recent months (even more so compared to Germany). I presume this is at least partly because we’re testing people who necessarily aren’t ill/are asymptomatic

If we’re assuming that everyone will ultimately get it at some stage and the focus is more on minimising the severe symptoms etc then infection rates probably aren’t overly helpful, however, i guess its useful to know the prevalence especially for higher risk people who might want to avoid busier places during this time
Our cases are much higher so we need to test more people. That is why we have just over 7,000 in hospital compared to just over 1,000 in hospital in France.

There was a single case in the school year that my youngest daughters class. The whole class in each lesson had to have a test even if they went nowhere near the infected person.

It wasn't long ago when their numbers were multiples of ours. Since then ours have shot up and theirs have totally fell away. Just a few months ago the hospitals were really struggling to cope.

Well done Boris 👏

jimmyhillsfanclub

We have 7,086 in hospital. France has 1,052 in hospital. But you are using the words used to make us look better.

You're wrong.
France had just under 7,000 in hospital on 10th Oct....the last date for full data release....they dont put all their covid cases straight into ICU......jeez.

Astute

You're wrong.
France had just under 7,000 in hospital on 10th Oct....the last date for full data release....they dont put all their covid cases straight into ICU......jeez.
Where did you get that from because I showed you the official numbers off their pass sanitaire which I needed to be able to go anywhere.

Grendel

Eh France have 7,300 I’m hospital?

Grendel

Where did you get that from because I showed you the official numbers off their pass sanitaire which I needed to be able to go anywhere.

Er it’s the global statistics which record official numbers from each country?

covmark

You showed there was 1052 people in intensive care, not 1052 in hospital. As JHFC says they don't put all their patients straight into IC.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Grendel

You showed there was 1052 people in intensive care, not 1052 in hospital. As JHFC says they don't put all their patients straight into IC.

It’s embarrassing

Astute

Showed 1052 in hospital. They show their numbers differently. Don't do a Grendel on us.

Evo1883

Too bloody right, arise Sir Boris. 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

giphy.gif

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread