Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (11 Viewers)

Astute

No that’s ICU
Show some evidence then. I know showing evidence isn't one of your strongest points but try giving it a go.

Grendel

Astute

And here is a table showing patients in hospital

I’ve now posted this 3 times today

So you chose where they had a one day spike on their numbers and not the latest numbers.

But you've done well to find something that contradicts the truth.

You see I did listen to you and hear you out.

Sick Boy

I think we’re just leading other countries TBH, although we seem to be more devil may care than many with other measures, I expect like Isreal did other places will also see a rise when booster time comes around.

We do need to crack on with boosters though and the messaging seems to have gone very quiet on that. I’d like to see more public information stuff about how it’s still out there and wear a mask, etc.
Eh? Italy started on boosters weeks ago?

Sick Boy

Many problems with the strikes or has it calmed down a bit?

I think some would be surprised if they saw what is happening elsewhere.
There was an anti-green pass strike in Trieste held by the dock workers that got dispersed earlier on.
There was a general strike across the country last Monday, which was unrelated and about pay and pensions.
I was actually in London last week and the difference between the 2 countries is pretty stark at the moment.

Astute

There was an anti-green pass strike in Trieste held by the dock workers that got dispersed earlier on.
There was a general strike across the country last Monday, which was unrelated and about pay and pensions.
I was actually in London last week and the difference between the 2 countries is pretty stark at the moment.
Heard all about the strikes trying to stop the green pass. Certainly is a bit strong stopping people from working if they don't have it.

Was the same for me when I got back from France. Was wearing masks when I left England. When I got back I couldn't find a mask in my car when I fueled up in Dover. Took ages to find one. Then when I walked into the petrol station Was the only one wearing a mask 😷 Couldn't believe how quickly it had changed here.

Grendel

So you chose where they had a one day spike on their numbers and not the latest numbers.

You see I did listen to you and hear you out.

no I’ve shown you the numbers you quoted 1,052 which is the ICU number the statistica link is tbe toyak number declared by the french government in hospital here I’ll show you again you must have missed the link it’s the 4th time tell
Me how many it says - October 10 6,737

It’s not even a discussion - it’s the french health stats I’ll say it again - 6,737 on October 10

they are a few days behind other countries I’ll report the latest update this week

Astute

no I’ve shown you the numbers you quoted 1,052 which is the ICU number the statistica link is tbe toyak number declared by the french government in hospital here I’ll show you again you must have missed the link it’s the 4th time tell
Me how many it says - October 10 6,737

It’s not even a discussion - it’s the french health stats I’ll say it again - 6,737 on October 10

they are a few days behind other countries I’ll report the latest update this week
Listen to me hear me out.

You are making the same mistake as your best buddy Boris the bullshitter. This number includes all the French territories. They are not mainland France. I take it you can remember when Boris and his cronies put France on the amber plus list because of a variant that was rife. But there was hardly any cases of the variant in France. Nearly allof them were thousands of miles away on Rèunion Island.

Sick Boy

You guys vaccinated later than us though right? So your boosters are due later?
My partner works in healthcare and she had her second dose early Jan and is having her booster done early next week. They’re being rolled out to the over 60s now too and have been available to those older for a while now.

Grendel

Listen to me hear me out.

You are making the same mistake as your best buddy Boris the bullshitter. This number includes all the French territories. They are not mainland France. I take it you can remember when Boris and his cronies put France on the amber plus list because of a variant that was rife. But there was hardly any cases of the variant in France. Nearly allof them were thousands of miles away on Rèunion Island.

Er no they are reported separately on the world data and active cases are tiny - see reunion islands

There are less that 100 cases - not hospitalisation - cases combined in Martinique and Guadeloupe - these three areas account for 50% of the population of all the territories combined.

Bit as I say the data includes the territories as separate (though the notion that you even think 80% of hospitalisation would be in 5% of the population says a lot along with the bizarre theory that all France people with Covid go straight to an ICU)

all are here listed - 213 separate data entries

As for the claim tbe delta variant was not in mainland France - it was the main variant in June!

Grendel

You guys vaccinated later than us though right? So your boosters are due later?

the numbers so far seem proportionate - 2 million boosters in U.K. and 300,000 I’m Italy

flu jabs will be equally as important

jimmyhillsfanclub

What are you blabbering about now?
France had over 11,000 in hospital at the end of August.....its been slowly dropping since and is now just under 7000.
These are facts.
There is no argument......although I'm sure you'll still try......its not our fault you can't distinguish between "ICU" & "hospital".

Grendel

What are you blabbering about now?
France had over 11,000 in hospital at the end of August.....its been slowly dropping since and is now just under 7000.
These are facts.
There is no argument......although I'm sure you'll still try......its not our fault you can't distinguish between "ICU" & "hospital".

he will claim they are on New Caledonia 😂

Astute

25 of them are. The other 59,975 are on Corsica in the pirate hospital
And the rest are waiting to wave goodbye to Robins when his taxi finally arrives 🤣

I always expect a certain person to know more about France than people who live in France. It was even in the news hiw wrong it was that Boris and Co put France on the amber plus when France itself hardly had any cases that they thought. But come on. I know you are always after being one up on me. But to take the side of someone who is usually wrong to do it...... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

As was in one of the links I supplied. Places like Rèunion Island are counted as mainland France. Flights from mainland France to Rèunion Island are counted as the longest domestic flight in the world. The original numbers I gave are the official numbers just for France itself supplied by France. The numbers he keeps showing include domestic cases. That is because they are counted as France.

Or would you explain for him why France was put on the amber plus list when there was hardly any of the cases that Boris and Co thought was all over France like another link I put up and he ignored as usual. Have given up on the idiot so you are my best hope of looking at the facts.

Grendel

And the rest are waiting to wave goodbye to Robins when his taxi finally arrives 🤣

I always expect a certain person to know more about France than people who live in France. It was even in the news hiw wrong it was that Boris and Co put France on the amber plus when France itself hardly had any cases that they thought. But come on. I know you are always after being one up on me. But to take the side of someone who is usually wrong to do it...... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

As was in one of the links I supplied. Places like Rèunion Island are counted as mainland France. Flights from mainland France to Rèunion Island are counted as the longest domestic flight in the world. The original numbers I gave are the official numbers just for France itself supplied by France. The numbers he keeps showing include domestic cases. That is because they are counted as France.

Nope they are not - the link you gave was the ICU cases only which it said - and 11,000 were in hospital a few weeks ago in France - the numbers in the other islands are recorded separately and cases are less than 500 - which are all recorded

You even said the Delta variant was not impacting France - the PM said it was the dominant one in France in June

Astute

Nope they are not - the link you gave was the ICU cases only which it said - and 11,000 were in hospital a few weeks ago in France - the numbers in the other islands are recorded separately and cases are less than 500 - which are all recorded

You even said the Delta variant was not impacting France - the PM said it was the dominant one in France in June
What PM? Boris the bullshitter?

There was a lot said from France because it was hardly there. The cases were about 20. We had more of them.

Astute

With all the incompetence how are we ok with averages of 350000 cases a week and 900 deaths still or is that where we are
Open for business maybe until winter hits. Then who knows. They seem to know what they are doing......

The problem is most seem to be happy not to have restrictions. And as long as it doesn't affect them they are happy.

Grendel

wingy

z

No the french prime minister

God this thread is utterly confusing .

I think we kept them amber because of the beta variant which wasn't widespread nor a threat as had been born out by the initial SA escape?

Astute

God this thread is utterly confusing .

I think we kept them amber because of the beta variant which wasn't widespread nor a threat as had been born out by the initial SA escape?
Exactly. But G wants to put his spin on things as usual. Just shows he is full of shite or doesn't have a clue.

Grendel

Exactly. But G wants to put his spin on things as usual. Just shows he is full of shite or doesn't have a clue.

No you just thought ICU meant hospital - it doesn't and there are nearly 7,000 in mainland hospitals in France with COVID - the end

Kieranp96

Lets be honest the country wont go into lockdown or anything close travel will stay and it all will be golden, 150 deaths a day (most of whom are cancer, diabetic ect ect) is alot better than the near 2k a day we was getting early this year and considering cases have been above 30k a day up to 40k down to 30k now up to 50k I think it shows vaccines work, the NHS isn't really under distress just the media hyping it up as it did with the fuel and well anything else they post.

Users who are viewing this thread