Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (23 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

It just pissed me off. Want me to quote every single time you’ve moaned about something with at least you are alive?
And the initial post was fine, it’s the response to me saying my sons good health isn’t lockdown related. Then it looks to me like it’s being made out I can’t say lockdown has been shit for me because other people on this thread have lost people close to them.

That isn't what I meant at all. It is kind of how I feel about being told 'not everyone's a teacher' and 'not everyone has a wedding planned' in response to gripes about those two things. Yeah, I'm more than aware of that. It's all the missus has been talking to me about this year and as one is my job and one is a big life event yes I mention them a lot. Even today's advice remains vague as fuck about what we can and cannot do, and we have all the payments falling due very shortly so I really don't know what to do.

Whatever, let's move on.

CCFCSteve

That isn't what I meant at all. It is kind of how I feel about being told 'not everyone's a teacher' and 'not everyone has a wedding planned' in response to gripes about those two things. Yeah, I'm more than aware of that. It's all the missus has been talking to me about this year and as one is my job and one is a big life event yes I mention them a lot. Even today's advice remains vague as fuck about what we can and cannot do, and we have all the payments falling due very shortly so I really don't know what to do.

Whatever, let's move on.

Wedding venues decision on numbers from what I’ve read (what they feel they can do safely). Table service. Dancing not advised but sounds like outdoors its not illegal…rave in the woods it is !

Brighton Sky Blue

Glad to see you should have a free run now @Brighton Sky Blue

Restrictions lifted for weddings!

Great news @Brighton Sky Blue

A lot still remains uncertain unfortunately. If the current guidance holds, we're going to have to cancel quite a large chunk of it to the point where we don't know if there's any point going ahead with it in terms of the money we stand to lose. And it's for not even 72 hours' difference.

Missus is quite upset, I don't know what to do and it leaves us with more questions than answers.

Saddlebrains

Heres one for all of you.

So say everything stays as it is, cases hospitalisations etc.

Then another variant pops up like this one and he tries to extend again for another 4 weeks

Would you change opinion and call for normality?

Brighton Sky Blue

Wedding venues decision on numbers from what I’ve read (what they feel they can do safely). Table service. Dancing not advised but sounds like outdoors its not illegal…rave in the woods it is !

As above-compromised to the point where we almost don't want to hold it. But we'll never get another date this year and next year will be close to fully booked too I imagine.

Ian1779

Then another variant pops up like this one and he tries to extend again for another 4 weeks

This one is totally on Johnson. He stopped you all from going to Portugal for no apparent reason yet did absolutely fuck all when presented with the fact that a new variant was coming in from India unchallenged, unmonitored, unchecked.

Some people will still defend him though and simultaneously kick off at the injustices of the extension.

Ian1779

A lot still remains uncertain unfortunately. If the current guidance holds, we're going to have to cancel quite a large chunk of it to the point where we don't know if there's any point going ahead with it in terms of the money we stand to lose. And it's for not even 72 hours' difference.

Missus is quite upset, I don't know what to do and it leaves us with more questions than answers.
Hopefully you can work it out with the venue. It’s in their interest to come up with a workable plan too.

Evo1883

@Brighton Sky Blue

If you can't have a DJ , I'm ready and I'm here for you mate.. il stand on stage and belt out city songs ...the only catch is I'm fed pork pie with mustard and regularly topped up with sambuca
giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Someone on Facebook was saying Uhcw was really busy. I checked the statistics that everyone has access to. There are 6 patients and 1 in itu. People just make stuff up

Probably there at visiting hours when it can feel like the entire world is there. And that is enough for some to claim the hospital is overrun.

Sick Boy

Johnson is a moron, announces a delay and then claims he’s opposed to a further one.
What is the data is worse? It will make this one seem like it was pointless and then they’d be his inevitable u-turn.

Grendel

Johnson is a moron, announces a delay and then claims he’s opposed to a further one.
What is the data is worse? It will make this one seem like it was pointless and then they’d be his inevitable u-turn.

If we are going to be pedantic this isn’t actually a delay and also he didn’t rule out further delays

Grendel

So it’s not a delay but he hasn’t ruled out further delays?
Right.

It isn’t a delay no as the exact wording Stated the 21st was the earliest date it would be considered - he was asked a question on other variants and said if one made the vaccine ineffective he’d have to lock down again.

SBT

If there's a new public health emergency, you respond to it however you need to. I wouldn't start demanding normality just because I'm tired and fed up with the last one.

Sky Blue Pete

The thing I don’t understand is the current infections are doubling energy 6-8 days and we’ve done nothing to reduce them. At that rate in 4 weeks we’ll be at 112000 infections a day. Hope he’s got things covered

Grendel

The thing I don’t understand is the current infections are doubling energy 6-8 days and we’ve done nothing to reduce them. At that rate in 4 weeks we’ll be at 112000 infections a day. Hope he’s got things covered

Why need to reduce with vaccine rates?

Grendel

Ah that’s good. How come it’s going up so quickly?

Well clearly from people who aren’t vaccinated or who are and are not having major symptoms. A study today showed that there is 95% protection from hospitalisation if you are fully vaccinated

skybluetony176

Was wondering the same myself. We’re going to keep doing what we’re already doing hoping the numbers that are growing exponentially somehow go down. Doing the same things expecting different results.

Grendel

i would like to read that- link?

It was on Five Live from a release today

it actually said 92% Oxford and 96% Pfizer

skybluetony176

“England will now look to reopen society fully on July 19. During the press conference, the PM mentioned the date July 29, though this has now been confirmed as an error.”

Imagine if Diane…

Users who are viewing this thread