Match Thread Birmingham City (H) - 7:45 Tue 23rd Nov (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueSoul

Couldn't see a thread for this, just the attendance one.

1-0 to us, Vik to finally get back on it.

Am I right in thinking Maatsen was only suspended for one game? If so you'd think we'd revert to the usual 3-4-1-2 with him at LWB, if not then Kane and Dabo again

Moore
Hyam
Fadz
Rose
Dabo/Kane
Hamer
Sheaf
Maatsen/Dabo
O'Hare
Godden
Gyok

AOM

Couldn't see a thread for this, just the attendance one.

1-0 to us, Vik to finally get back on it.

Am I right in thinking Maatsen was only suspended for one game? If so you'd think we'd revert to the usual 3-4-1-2 with him at LWB, if not then Kane and Dabo again

Moore
Hyam
Fadz
Rose
Dabo/Kane
Hamer
Sheaf
Maatsen/Dabo
O'Hare
Godden
Gyok

Agree with that team.
Would bring in Maatsen for Kane and put Dabo back on the right.
2-0 win

slowpoke

Bit of a dilemma for Robins, Kane has been excellent at right back and Dabo has played well on the left but without Maatsen and JCS we have no natural left footers in the team not sure which way he will go on this one.

Liquid Gold

I'm hoping for 3 points here. Their form isn't great, Bowyer isn't a brilliant tactician and they are the soft of side we should be able to play through.

Makes that away point more than acceptable too.

2-0 Gyo and Cal

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Moore
Hyam Fadz Rose
Kane Sheaf Hamer Maatsen
O'Hare
Gyok Godden

Wilson, Dabo, Kelly, Allen, Jones, Walker, Tavares.​

Dropping Dabo because I feel Kane and Maatsen are better attacking outlets. Also want to go two up top at home as I feel we should be looking to be on the front foot.

Bench feels very light and we've got a real lack of defensive cover.

baldy

Hoping for a win here,(if only for the fact my bro's a Bluenose & he'll be claiming bragging rights if they win)

He reckons Gardner missing for them's a big blow as they have poor strength in depth & he'd be over the moon with a draw - I reckon a narrow 1-0 though (Can't wait to be there - PUSB)

Londonccfcfan

I think it'll be difficult as I expect Birmingham to park the bus. Should win really but they're no mugs

They will park the bus, they will try try to long ball it and rely set pieces for a goal , For their big centre backs and Hogan/Deeney and Jutk.

For that reason i think i would go with added height/strength of Dabo over Maatsen.

I would go unchanged and bring on Godden to partner Vik later in game. maybe as a 2 later on.

Colin Steins Smile

I expect B'ham to be very physical and pack their team with 6 foot tall players. So far this season we've stood up well to those teams who are still using tactics from the 1970's.
If we can deal with the antique tactics, our counter attacking speed could win us the game. 2-0

Blues fan here...We have a seriously depleted side, added with the suspension of Gardner, we are thin on the ground. Hoping Bowyer doesn't opt for round holes square pegs approach but like has been mentioned, we will be backs to the wall, trying to nick something. Overall, not confident whatsoever but this is the Championship and anything can happen. KRO

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They will park the bus, they will try try to long ball it and rely set pieces for a goal , For their big centre backs and Hogan/Deeney and Jutk.

For that reason i think i would go with added height/strength of Dabo over Maatsen.

I would go unchanged and bring on Godden to partner Vik later in game. maybe as a 2 later on.

If you think they're going to park the bus why wouldn't you play an extra forward to get at them? Especially at home

pusbccfc

Like most games, I can't predict it.

PVA

Kane did well on Saturday but Robins has shown he has no hesitation in dropping people to get his favourites back in so I would expect it to be Dabo and Maatsen.

It's only if MR thinks Dabo needs a rest, which really wouldn't be a bad shout at all, that Kane plays IMO.

Philosorapter

Attachments

• CCFC19.PNG
    CCFC19.PNG
    124.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Brum.PNG
    Brum.PNG
    124.2 KB · Views: 21
  • CovvBrum.PNG
    CovvBrum.PNG
    135.2 KB · Views: 20

Home and Away!

Kane did well on Saturday but Robins has shown he has no hesitation in dropping people to get his favourites back in so I would expect it to be Dabo and Maatsen.

It's only if MR thinks Dabo needs a rest, which really wouldn't be a bad shout at all, that Kane plays IMO.
This is what i've been thinking PVA,saturday was tough,rest Fanky for this one,then nice and fresh for hard game at Bournemouth on saturday..
Ian and kane v BRUM...Fanky and Ian v the cherries....keeps Kane happy aswell....

Legia Sky Blue

Everything points to us winning, but the derby element to the game traditionally evens things up a little. I'm expecting a real battle with them trying to outmuscle us and catch us on set pieces. They like a long throw, which was their main attacking threat when we played the cup replay a couple of years ago. Cardiff tried similar earlier in the season and didn't get any joy out of it so hopefully the same will apply tomorrow.

Warwickhunt

Back to what works at home. Kane unlucky to drop out but I think that’s what I’d do.

Need a win here. Not confident of much over the next three games after this.
I would let Maatsen think twice about doing stupid things and getting sent off and bring him on 2 nd half if needs be!

SkyblueTexan

I also think Godden for Allen would add height and more attacking intent from the get go. No reason to be defensive at home against them especially considering the other upcoming games where a more defensive approach would make more sense.

CDK

2up front and a close victory as it seems under robins past history means nothing.think Kane should be in dabo benched.

Users who are viewing this thread