Match Thread Preston V City - Tue 28th Feb - 19:45 (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

With no o hare Palmer or Allen

absolutely zero chance
O'Hare has been missing for ages, Allen has been slaughtered by some for being lightweight. Palmer is a miss. When Sheaf gets back, MR will find a way to make it work. Keeping Hamer fit is the key.

PVA

Burroughs into midfield is one option. At least then it's not square pegs in round holes.

Is Burroughs not predominantly a wide midfield player?

Not sure where he played in youth football but for us and Ross County (and Scotland u21s) he's played pretty much exclusively on the flanks I believe

napolimp

Can't move Hamer forward, he needs to stay deep. Has to play Maguire, surely???? With Gyok and Godden up front. Otherwise unchanged. I'm assuming Maguires not match fit, as Palmer start of the season, but has to play now.

PVA

Can't move Hamer forward, he needs to stay deep. Has to play Maguire, surely???? With Gyok and Godden up front. Otherwise unchanged. I'm assuming Maguires not match fit, as Palmer start of the season, but has to play now.

I think he's just not up to the level, that's what Robins comments suggest anyway. Plus the fact a LB keeps getting played out of position ahead of him.

stupot07

Not sure where he played in youth football but for us and Ross County (and Scotland u21s) he's played pretty much exclusively on the flanks I believe
He definitely played some games in the centre for Ross County, I saw them on sky and he was brought on to go in the centre and the commentator said he played there a few times that season.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I think he's just not up to the level, that's what Robins comments suggest anyway. Plus the fact a LB keeps getting played out of position ahead of him.
Which comments? I've not heard that but it must be desperate for Maguire that he can't be more effective than Godden was tonight

napolimp

I think he plays Saturday. Otherwise, unchanged team. Really hope Palmer is back next week if not available Saturday.

Otis

Can definitely play in the centre.

Otis

All 4 shots on target were from way outside the box. We didn't have a single clearcut chance, where as Preston had 2, the fact they failed to hit the target from either of them let us off the hook.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Allen's volley over the bar was from inside the box. I wouldn't call that exactly a clear cut chance though.

His scuffed shot was definitely a very clear cut chance however and Bidwell's blast over the bar was a great chance too.

EalingSB

If we can pick up seven points from our next four we then have a two-break for the international window to hopefully get players back for the final eight matches.

Otis

Allen's volley over the bar was from inside the box. I wouldn't call that exactly a clear cut chance though.

His scuffed shot was definitely a very clear cut chance however and Bidwell's blast over the bar was a great chance too.
Oh and Allen's scuffed shot, that was saved, was in the area too, so not way outside.

clint van damme

Burroughs into midfield is one option. At least then it's not square pegs in round holes.

I'd keep Burroughs wing back. I prefer Brightons suggestion of moving Doyle into midfield.
It does raise more questions about Dabo that he couldnt get on in his preferred position for even half an hour.

Hobo

It was a poor performance. Gyokores looked leggy. Did he find a City player with a pass?

I missed first 20 minutes but hardly saw Godden touch the ball? As usual when we play two up front we seem to concede the midfield a create fewer chances than when we play one upfront.

But we got a point away. So move on and go again Saturday. Table hasn't really changed so not a disaster.

Hobo

Which is just another example of how thin our squad is because if that's the case, and it sounds plausible, surely he shouldn't be on the bench?

It is not unusual for Managers to put half fit experienced players on the bench ahead of untried youngsters.

Even if they dont really intended to use them, it makes the bench and options look stronger. It keeps the oposition Manager guessing about tactical options.

However you are right, it is a symptom of the lack of depth in the squad.

Sky Blue Harry H

Having thought about it, Burroughs is a big strong lad - I'd play him Saturday. Warnock will be telling them to get stuck into us -all aggression and little subtlety. Rudoni aside, they have little creativity wise. If Godden isn't fit/right/whatever, I'd sooner Walker was given a run up top if we play two there. Maguire? - leave that with MR.

PVA

Which comments? I've not heard that but it must be desperate for Maguire that he can't be more effective than Godden was tonight

After being left out of the squad v Rotherham. The last paragraph is a bit more promising, but everything up till that is Robins as close to saying he's not good enough without actually saying

Explaining his absence, Robins told CoventryLive: “I have got seven subs and also I am looking for more from him. You have to get to a certain level before you can impact a game, and he knows that. He’s a really good lad and just not been able to get going yet. But hopefully he can do and that’s down to him to get to the level.”

Asked if that’s partly down to the player having missed almost three months of football prior to joining the club, having become a peripheral figure at Deepdale since early November, the manager added: “I think so but ultimately you have got to do it. I have got to see it for it to warrant game time and being involved, and that’s important for anybody.

“He’s a really good player, a great technician and someone who can finish. I just want to see that little bit more from him in terms of letting the handbrake off. I said to him yesterday, when he lets the handbrake off he’s going to be close.”

Hobo

Having thought about it, Burroughs is a big strong lad - I'd play him Saturday. Warnock will be telling them to get stuck into us -all aggression and little subtlety. Rudoni aside, they have little creativity wise. If Godden isn't fit/right/whatever, I'd sooner Walker was given a run up top if we play two there. Maguire? - leave that with MR.

Jonathan Hogg is more than capable of opening teams up with his range of passing. It is the strikers that seem weak.

Matt smith

3 wins in a row prior to last night, unbeaten in 5

10th in the league

woke up really frustrated at our amount of injuries it’s a piss take

all optimism gone

Gint11

I think with the injuries we’ve got and with the new ones (Palmer and Allen) we won’t make playoffs. It’s asking too much but we’re in a solid state league wise. Maybe try a few kids such as Burroughs and Howley to give them minutes?

Matt smith

I think with the injuries we’ve got and with the new ones (Palmer and Allen) we won’t make playoffs. It’s asking too much but we’re in a solid state league wise. Maybe try a few kids such as Burroughs and Howley to give them minutes?
Hope that kills you

Probably for the hull game we’re gonna have three key players out with a couple coming back

they all play the same position 😂

Matt smith

Still no idea on Palmer’s injury severity. Can’t believe CWR interviewer failed to ask Robins about that. Sheaf isn’t far away, but if Robins doesn’t fancy McGuire then we’ve got no attacking midfielders.
Significant tear

water is wet in other news

Brighton Sky Blue

Despite being typecast as a bed wetter on here, I am not too pessimistic about the next few weeks. We will need to be creative on Saturday, and I would strongly suggest we start with 3 forwards, but the opposition is as kind as we could ask for and the midfield will reappear one by one in the order it went.

Sbarcher

Significant tear

water is wet in other news
I think you may have been misled in your education. Water is not wet, only things which come into contact with it. This is the great debate of the century.

Evo1883

I think you may have been misled in your education. Water is not wet, only things which come into contact with it.
what GIF

Users who are viewing this thread