Match Thread Preston V City - Tue 28th Feb - 19:45 (1 Viewer)

Hertsccfc

It's not humiliating them - players calling each other out happens. Have you ever watched Ronaldo? It's over a number of games now that Cuffy either fails to entirely or poorly executes a pass for Gyokeres, I'm not surprised he's pissed off.
I think it was that sort of attitude that led to Ronaldo being frozen out at Man U.

Brighton Sky Blue

Last night was a right ear bashing. We felt as we could hear it.

But until I read your comment I hadn't considered the previous times. They may be rookies. But if they keep getting it wrong they won't improve. Most probably would have been a goal if Gyokeres got the pass. If he has told them a few times already then they need a stern reminder. Hopefully they will start to listen.

Gyokeres is a winner. He always wants to win and always gives 100%. Wouldn't want to risk changing anything.

As the great Alex Ferguson once pointed out, you have to recognise which player needs an arm round the shoulder, and which needs a rocket up the arse. Those youngsters aren’t to blame for being put out of their depth and they are going to make mistakes.

slowpoke

It's not humiliating them - players calling each other out happens. Have you ever watched Ronaldo? It's over a number of games now that Cuffy either fails to entirely or poorly executes a pass for Gyokeres, I'm not surprised he's pissed off.
I think that’s the way Gyokeres is even in training
he grumbles at others not just Cuffy, I think Cuffy will develop into a good player probably not here, he’s only 19 and a lot to learn he gets knocked on here, what’s new, but he’s been part of a mean defence and a team now unbeaten in the last four games.

Grendel

As the great Alex Ferguson once pointed out, you have to recognise which player needs an arm round the shoulder, and which needs a rocket up the arse. Those youngsters aren’t to blame for being put out of their depth and they are going to make mistakes.

Really? Lol

Grendel

I think it was that sort of attitude that led to Ronaldo being frozen out at Man U.

He’s always done it - what should you say “ oh jolly good try JWE for attempting to pass the ball to me. No problem for the 10th time in failing to do it. No problem chap - bravo for trying - 11th time lucky maybe”

Grendel

It’s what he said.

He would shout and swear at everyone - he used to follow players home and made sure they weren’t going on the piss - these guys are paid professionals - they just need to get on with it

Grendel

Grendel

I can't believe how many rate them. In context of the league we play in they are like Jamie Sterry and Lewis Page, not fit to lace PVA or Maatsens boots.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

When people say look at their age - Jodi Jones made an instant impact when he came and he was very young.

He also hadn’t played in the champions league

Hertsccfc

When people say look at their age - Jodi Jones made an instant impact when he came and he was very young.

He also hadn’t played in the champions league
Jodi Jones didn't make an instant impact. He didn't establish himself in the team until the League 2 season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes I’m sure the likes of Klopp and Conte just would pat them on the head and give a gold star for effort

Nor would that work for everyone. The point is people as a whole generally fall into one of those two categories so a one size fits all approach will tend to fail

Grendel

Jodi Jones didn't make an instant impact. He didn't establish himself in the team until the League 2 season.

He played 45 games in his first season in league 1!

Johhny Blue

Fair play to the Preston defender who marked Vik out the game. Probs best defence iv seen against him.

VIs is such a talent but when things are not working for him he shows it and makes it easy for defenders to get close to him. His outbursts to BNC showed that.
I’m not even sure it was a bad pass

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

After being left out of the squad v Rotherham. The last paragraph is a bit more promising, but everything up till that is Robins as close to saying he's not good enough without actually saying

Explaining his absence, Robins told CoventryLive: “I have got seven subs and also I am looking for more from him. You have to get to a certain level before you can impact a game, and he knows that. He’s a really good lad and just not been able to get going yet. But hopefully he can do and that’s down to him to get to the level.”

Asked if that’s partly down to the player having missed almost three months of football prior to joining the club, having become a peripheral figure at Deepdale since early November, the manager added: “I think so but ultimately you have got to do it. I have got to see it for it to warrant game time and being involved, and that’s important for anybody.

“He’s a really good player, a great technician and someone who can finish. I just want to see that little bit more from him in terms of letting the handbrake off. I said to him yesterday, when he lets the handbrake off he’s going to be close.”
If he wants him to up a level maybe give him a U21 game to get going and build confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread