Match Thread Preston V City - Tue 28th Feb - 19:45 (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Gonna start this cos I think squad choices are interesting.

Preston - 12th - 3pts and 11 goals behind us.

Last 6 - WDDLLW
Last 6 at Home - WDLLLL

Today against Wigan was their first home win in the league since Nov 1st.

Our last 6 - WWWDLW

However:

Our last 6 away - WLLLLW

CCFC last 6 V Preston: LDLLLL
CCFC last 6 at Preston: LLLDDL

Last time CCFC won at Preston in the league: Never.

It’s on U.K. iFollow for £10 Here: My Account - Coventry City

Only other games being played either can’t catch us or be caught but Luton play Millwall (5th v 6th) and both are 5 points ahead. A win would be guaranteed to put us in 8th 2 or 3 points from the playoff depending on results. A draw would put us 10th 4 or 5 points off the play offs. A loss would leave us where we are, unless it’s by 6 goals then Preston overtake us.

No Palmer, Kelly or Sheaf in all likelihood. Panzo possibly in contention, we’ll see. O’Hare and Tavares obvious out long term.

I’d go:

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
BNC Hamer Eccles Allen Bidwell
Gyokeres Godden

S: Moore, Panzo, Dabo, JWE, Howley, Walker, Maguire.

1-1 Godden

Last edited:

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Never won at Preston, would be fantastic if we could break that this year and just like the pivotal promotions before, suddenly the atmosphere and fans belief will become something else and that seemed to transcend into the players and squad.

I’ll trust Robins with the formation but Godden knows where to place the ball for a striker and opens up space for Vik.
They are just a strong powerful team as always.

TomRad85

Preston watching us roll up to Deepdale ready to bend over again.
2afbea25d0ffc8b6098feee68af82197.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mcbean

I am not sure Godden can take the place of Palmer although clearly Robins will have shuffle the pack - it’s finding the answer to the midfield conundrum for this game - he suggested Sheaf wasn’t ready yet 😳

Ian1779

Brady got sent off yesterday so not available. Wasn’t a starter last game to be fair.

clint van damme

Gonna start this cos I think squad choices are interesting.

Preston - 12th - 3pts and 11 goals behind us.

Last 6 - WDDLLW
Last 6 at Home - WDLLLL

Today against Wigan was their first home win in the league since Nov 1st.

Our last 6 - WWWDLW

However:

Our last 6 away - WLLLLW

CCFC last 6 V Preston: LDLLLL
CCFC last 6 at Preston: LLLDDL

Last time CCFC won at Preston in the league: Never.

It’s on U.K. iFollow for £10 Here: My Account - Coventry City

Only other games being played either can’t catch us or be caught but Luton play Millwall (5th v 6th) and both are 5 points ahead. A win would be guaranteed to put us in 8th 2 or 3 points from the playoff depending on results. A draw would put us 10th 4 or 5 points off the play offs. A loss would leave us where we are, unless it’s by 6 goals then Preston overtake us.

No Palmer or Sheaf in all likelihood. Panzo and Kelly possibly in contention, we’ll see. O’Hare and Tavares obvious out long term.

I’d go:

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
BNC Hamer Eccles Allen Bidwell
Gyokeres Godden

S: Moore, Panzo, Dabo, JWE, Kelly/Howley, Walker, Maguire.

1-1 Godden

That's a very comprehensive summary, though Kelly won't be in contention as he's injured again.

Astute

2-1 win. They are not playing very well. Ched Evans back after a 4 game ban. We should have too much for them.

no_loyalty

Is Wagehorn also ineligible for that?
It depends what has been agreed between us and Huddersfield.

55.8 During the period of any Temporary Loan Transfer, a Player shall not play against his Transferor Club without the prior written permission of the Transferor Club (which, if given, must be indicated on the appropriate Temporary Loan Transfer form).

Paxman II

Always a tough place to go. A night game though gives a different atmosphere. It will be a cold night and clearly we are in the accendency so we must stamp that authority on the game from the get go. 4 wins in a row? Odds are against that, but I really don't see why not unless we forget to turn up.

Hobo

We can go there and get a result. I wouldnt play two up front though until last 20 mins.

I would be happy with a draw away from home but think we might just nick a win.

stay_up_skyblues

Can’t see anything other than a defeat there. On a winning streak and within touching distance of the playoffs at which point we typically get done. Add in the fact its Preston and there’s surely only one result. If we win this game I’m lumping on promotion as the season then has league one title winning vibes about it.

Matt smith

We have to go two up

we have no one else

Maguire against his former team?

sheaf back probably against hull will be a massive boost if we can win one of the next 2

id bring rose in for Doyle as he needs a breather, not through poor performances mind

Hertsccfc

We can go there and get a result. I wouldnt play two up front though until last 20 mins.

I would be happy with a draw away from home but think we might just nick a win.
If we don't play two up front who would you play in place of Palmer?

Users who are viewing this thread