Match Thread Birmingham City (H) - 7:45 Tue 23rd Nov (1 Viewer)

procdoc

Kane has been decent but if you think he is ahead of Dabo you are kidding yourselves.

It's about time we gave someone a real thrashing and this could be the night. However, Birmingham are no mugs, carry a threat in Deeney if we make any silly errors. Could be a turgid affair if Brum park the bus.

I'd like to think we are too good for them, but the players must not assume they are unbeatable at home to this lot. See the bigger picture and concentrate. 100% effort and we will win. We need these 3 points before the next few difficult games.
Kane at the moment is playing far better than Dabo. He’s played over 200 games at this level and there’s a reason for that

slowpoke

Hmmm nah can't agree there, I like the balance of Maatsen on the left. Think he's constantly improving too. Wouldn't be the end of the world if Dabo lined up there though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Dabo is our best attacker coming from deep though tough choice for Robins

Londonccfcfan

Ridiculous to pass judgement on Kane just yet over just about half a dozen starts, when we have seen Dabo and hes proven himself over 2.5 years.

They are both good. Will pass judgement on Kane after a few more games.

TomRad85

Ridiculous to pass judgement on Kane just yet over just about half a dozen starts, when we have seen Dabo and hes proven himself over 2.5 years.

Most decided he was shit before he even played a game, so I'm more than happy to label him not shit, having seen him play a few games.

PVA

MR definitely rates Dabo above Kane (rightly in my opinion) but I could see him resting Dabo for tonight and giving Kane a shot at winning the shirt.

Londonccfcfan

MR definitely rates Dabo above Kane (rightly in my opinion) but I could see him resting Dabo for tonight and giving Kane a shot at winning the shirt.

Add this argument to the long list of debates whos better.

Hyam or Rose
MaCallum or Giles...or Maatsen
Baka or Biamou
Dabo or Kane
Sheaf or Kelly
Hamer or Walsh....or James
Shipley or Allen
Walker/Godden or Waghorn.

Obsessed with comparing.

TomRad85

Hyam or Rose
Baka or Biamou
Dabo or Kane
Sheaf or Kelly
Shipley or Allen

Obsessed with comparing.

Discussing who you would like to see in the starting line up generally involves comparing, to be fair. But while we're here...
Rose but close
Maatsen
Both crap
Kane but close
Sheaf
Hamer
Allen
I flip flop on the last one but atm it's Godden

mr_monkey

Hyam or Rose
Baka or Biamou
Dabo or Kane
Sheaf or Kelly
Shipley or Allen

Obsessed with comparing.

Hyam
Maatsen
Biamou
Kane
Sheaf
Hamer
Allen
Godden

Warthog

Hyam or Rose
Baka or Biamou
Dabo or Kane
Sheaf or Kelly
Shipley or Allen

Obsessed with comparing.

Rose
Mccallum
Baka
Kane
Sheaf
Walsh
Allen
Super Matt

No further debate required

Liquid Gold

I actually like the idea of having them both available.

Whoever starts should be told to go full pelt for 60 minutes then is swapped for the other.

So much of our play comes through the wingbacks, if the right side is constantly fresh and full of energy then we'll be much more of a threat.

Obviously there is a risk then that you need to make 3 subs due to injuries and your starting RWB is knackered before the end but then you just give them the day off on Saturday.

SBAndy

I actually like the idea of having them both available.

Whoever starts should be told to go full pelt for 60 minutes then is swapped for the other.

So much of our play comes through the wingbacks, if the right side is constantly fresh and full of energy then we'll be much more of a threat.

Obviously there is a risk then that you need to make 3 subs due to injuries and your starting RWB is knackered before the end but then you just give them the day off on Saturday.

When Pochettino was at Spurs he made a big thing of having 2 full backs/wing backs for each side because they were so crucial to the play. I definitely think we’re in that arena and I’d even consider reducing cover in other areas to allow for it.

Warthog

out of interest, what was your previous username? (Based on the fact you seem to know a few things of old but only created this account less than a month ago)

98ea38b352f2e2c502257c397ecc5d43.jpg

Liquid Gold

Me and the lads are getting together to clap the Birmingham coach in for being top lads for letting us have St Andrews.

We're meeting by the players entrance at 5:30, I'll be the one flying the BCFC flag out of my arse if you want to say hello.

JonesBob

Dabo is a one of my current favs, but against Sheff Utd his passing was way below his standard. Because he is such an important player for us he is always rushed back when he picks up a knock and consequently plays below his norm. On the other hand, Kane's crosses into the box were perfect but nno one there to get on the end of them. Subsequently I would play Kane.

Grendel

Grendel

Dabo is probably overall a better footballer but actually Kane is one of the squads most experienced players at Championship level and it shows. Its one of the best signings we have made in terms of cost against experience - Dabo is struggling for form

stevefloyd

If I was Dabo and was dropped I would seriously ask why having played out of his favoured position for the team but also agree Kane seems very steady on the right and definitely improves our chances of scoring with his crosses....over to you Mark

covcity4life

Kane's looking good. Strength in depth is huge.

Not only an option for I juries but also impact subs and first 11 rotation

clint van damme

Most decided he was shit before he even played a game, so I'm more than happy to label him not shit, having seen him play a few games.

I said in another post they play slightly differently and I think Dabo suits what Robins wants better.
But Kane is very good, probably our strongest position now with them pair competing for it.

TomRad85

I said in another post they play slightly differently and I think Dabo suits what Robins wants better.
But Kane is very good, probably our strongest position now with them pair competing for it.
Yes agree tbf, it's not like I'd kick off if either of them start. 2 good players.

Gibbo

Dabo is probably overall a better footballer but actually Kane is one of the squads most experienced players at Championship level and it shows. Its one of the best signings we have made in terms of cost against experience - Dabo is struggling for form
Kanes's sweet little curve ball down to line to Vik that set up his charge into the box and a penalty againt Bristol has never had the acknowledgement it deserved

Colin Steins Smile

I wonder if both Kane & Dabo start tonight, as it's likely to be a physical battle with B'ham and MR might think Maatsen could be used in the last 20 mins.

PVA

Yes I agree with this.

Overall I think Dabo just edges it for me, and I think Robins too.

Kane is the better crosser, no doubt about it, but I think Dabo's overall game is stronger. If Dabo had Kane's crossing he'd be the best wing back in the league!

But whichever way you sit on the debate, it's a good dilemma to have, and better than the many 'who is slightly less shit out of Player A vs Player B' debates we've unfortunately had down the years!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If I was Dabo and was dropped I would seriously ask why having played out of his favoured position for the team but also agree Kane seems very steady on the right and definitely improves our chances of scoring with his crosses....over to you Mark

On the flip side Kane would be asking why he had been dropped as he has done nothing wrong and looked better than Dabo in terms of crossing. Arguably you should say Maatsen dropped out due to suspension and should have to wait given we got a clean sheet, but Maatsen is naturally left-footed and more capable going forward so it seems silly to leave him on the bench for someone who is playing on their wrong side.

I'm sure all three of them with get plenty of game time over the rest of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread