Match Thread WBA (h) - 12:30 - Sat 4th - on Sky (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

Fitting tribute to Sillett with us winning 5-0. Pay our respects in the best way we can.

Go for it, Go for it, CITY....PUSB

edgy

giphy.gif

CDK

Having a few quid on us to beat Albion to send snoz off happy.the More we sing together play up sky blues

Last edited:

Paxman II

I really want to win for Snoz now.
I have a feeling we are going to thump them by a good margin.

Covkid1968#

Whenever I get all excited and feel a win is inevitable due to circumstances such as the passing of a legend… it slaps me in the face. So I’m staying calm and predicting a 0-2 defeat.

I can’t wait…. Despite requiring lots of moving pieces to slot together on the morning of the match… I’m really looking forward to this. My train gets into Cov at 11:40. Then need to pick up my 2 youngest kids and obviously need time for a quick pint!!! Fecking Sky!!!!!

PVA

Interesting game this.

Fancy us to have the majority of the ball and they won't be pretty to watch. I'm quietly confident we can beat them, but it's going to be difficult to break them down.

shepardo01

Family day out for this one.
Mrs S and in laws/family all WBA (our boys City!) - last trip together was the friendly a few years back at The Hawthorns (6-2 loss if I remember- Chris Brunts 65k p/w being equivalent to our whole squad wages!)

Apparently their football has been horrendous and despite them still sitting 4th, many fans are calling for Ishmael's head.

They don't ship many goals but tend to create chances....they just haven't had anybody "click" to put them away.

If Hamer fit and Victor back to close to 100% I fancy us to cause them problems.

Can see a draw being likely outcome.

Bugsy

There's rumblings on the west brom forum of a player power issue behind the scene's, that's why there not playing for him so on that note reckon we will get a result but could be anything from 1 to 4 for the skyblues.

And a great tribute to the legend....PUSB

Happy_Martian

After what's happened this week, the score doesn't matter. The atmosphere, the effort the team put in, the fans remembering one of Coventry's second sons. It will be emotional before the game and at half time, no doubt. Though from the stories being retold this week, JS adopted Coventry before we adopted him :)

The fans are the key players this time around. Sing for the lads, sing for George and John (and Greavsie). Put the WBA fans to shame. That alone should be the impetus the players need to play with adventure, desire and joy. What happens after, happens.

Score: who cares. It's Snoz's day.

matesx

After what's happened this week, the score doesn't matter. The atmosphere, the effort the team put in, the fans remembering one of Coventry's second sons. It will be emotional before the game and at half time, no doubt. Though from the stories being retold this week, JS adopted Coventry before we adopted him :)

The fans are the key players this time around. Sing for the lads, sing for George and John (and Greavsie). Put the WBA fans to shame. That alone should be the impetus the players need to play with adventure, desire and joy. What happens after, happens.

Matters to me, fuck that

COV

Can’t really agree, and I’d say the great man himself would have wanted us to win before anything else

Happy_Martian

Can’t really agree, and I’d say the great man himself would have wanted us to win before anything else

Everyone will have their own opinion. I don't expect anyone to agree with mine.

Happy_Martian

No problem with that at all

I just fail to see how a fitting tribute to John Sillett would be to not care if we win or lose a match

Sillett wasn't just about results. It was as much about the performance as anything. And getting the fans involved. Get them going together and the results should show for themselves.

Brighton Sky Blue

Sillett wasn't just about results. It was as much about the performance as anything. And getting the fans involved. Get them going together and the results should show for themselves.

On the other hand if we lost every week it wouldn’t matter how involved the fans were-he’d be gone

baldy

Who wouldn’t want City to win in honour of Snoz? Nonsense thinking

Users who are viewing this thread