Match Thread Birmingham City (H) - 7:45 Tue 23rd Nov (4 Viewers)

no_loyalty

Blues fan at work was over the moon with a point, he was very complementary about our style of play and compared us to Man City, said he would love to watch that every week.

lifeskyblue

Blues fan at work was over the moon with a point, he was very complementary about our style of play and compared us to Man City, said he would love to watch that every week.

I’m not surprised…imagine having to watch 70mins of actual on the pitch football every week; time wasting from the first minute, hoofball to Deeney, him making no attempt to win ball and either jumping at man or pushing or falling over, a manager who thinks you had the better of the game when any neutral would just laugh at you and enough niggling and negative play to make anyone ask for their money back. And for good measure no variation on the long throw even when it is giving you no return at all.
Man City we are not…but thank goodness we try and imitate them and not Birmingham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Defensively he was solid and that is his main job after all. But our style of play relies on our CBs moving the ball forward quickly and too many times last night he stifled attacks with too many touches, passes out of play or passes that put Dabo in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah the way we play is passing it quickly to Dabo and maatsen can’t blame Hyam for Dabos inadequacies

fernandopartridge

Nah the way we play is passing it quickly to Dabo and maatsen can’t blame Hyam for Dabos inadequacies
Absolute rubbish. Poor Dabo makes his way up to the half way line and Hyam has his 8th touch and plays the ball to Dabo so it's not in his stride and we have to start again.

As much as Dabo's crossing can be poor (he always puts at least one cracking ball in per game though), his role in getting us back to front quickly can't be denied. Hyam must start being brave with his choice of pass. I've seen the same thing happen game after game where he is too frit to look for the early runner.

Brighton Sky Blue

Absolute rubbish. Poor Dabo makes his way up to the half way line and Hyam has his 8th touch and plays the ball to Dabo so it's not in his stride and we have to start again.

As much as Dabo's crossing can be poor (he always puts at least one cracking ball in per game though), his role in getting us back to front quickly can't be denied. Hyam must start being brave with his choice of pass. I've seen the same thing happen game after game where he is too frit to look for the early runner.

Time and again in the first half we just cut their defence open with quick interplay or through balls from midfield or deeper. Hyam doesn’t particularly excel at either sadly.

Sky Blue Pete

Time and again in the first half we just cut their defence open with quick interplay or through balls from midfield or deeper. Hyam doesn’t particularly excel at either sadly.
Yep happy Hyam should be making easy passes and not trying to be too clever. He really is a whipping boy in some peoples eyes and they are looking for any error

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep happy Hyam should be making easy passes and not trying to be too clever. He really is a whipping boy in some peoples eyes and they are looking for any error

The playing people onside does concern me probably more than his distribution. But this is a skill issue, not an effort one. Happy they’re all working their arses off if not always effectively.

Users who are viewing this thread