Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (15 Viewers)

shmmeee

There you go again with your Brown Shirt talk. Like fucking sheep. Dangerous. Are you too thick to consider other opinions for yourself? smfh

What’s “thick” is having such low information literacy you’re ignoring thousands of professionals working on something and picking out the odd nutter in unrelated fields who disagrees and making you think this makes you smart.

What you’re claiming is that you know more about how to assess evidence than people who are the best trained and most experienced in this field.

The wisest man realises there is much he does not know.

I bet you’d represent yourself in court as well.

skybluetony176

Serious question SBT, DOD, NW:

What did you think when companies started offering free stuff if you got vaccinated?
They'd never done it before, certainly not on a scale like that!
Free flights from Quantas! Fuckin hell!
Did it not make you think something wasn't right?
Because for me, when THAT happened I knew I had to check things out for myself.
Didn't it make you think?
It made me think people are as pig shit thick and ignorant as you.

shmmeee

What did you think when companies started offering free stuff if you got vaccinated?

It made me think we’re in a pandemic that’s buggering the economy across the world at a time where our biggest issue stopping is getting back to normal is lack of vaccine uptake and all the data shows it’s hesitancy or lack of being arsed and not anti-vax sentiment that’s stopping it.

Why don’t you tell us your great conspiracy story? Who is doing what and why? How are they keeping tens of thousands of employees and independent scientists quiet?

chiefdave

Companies generally do things in their own benefit so it makes me think they've identified that the best thing for their company is to get back to normal as quickly as possible and the best way to achieve that is through high vaccination rates.

Grendel

AZ is a non profit vaccine isn’t it?

shmmeee

Conspiracy story? No idea. I think Shmee mentioned something about that, ask him.

giphy.gif

David O'Day

No because as said a world with reduced levels of covid are better environments for these companies to trade

Grendel

Right now it is, yes.

So there’s little to support a conspiracy in that case they want to bung vaccines into people for financial gain.

Grendel

Even if we ran with that, financial gain wouldn't involve killing people off, so at worst a vaccine would be a placebo, and no threat to people.

I do think Pzizer in trying to push the 4 week rule is an example of profit as is jabbing under 16’s but there’s no question it isn’t effective and without vaccines wed be in real trouble

Sick Boy

But I wouldn't say there's "no question" just yet, would you?
So how do you explain the relatively low death numbers compared to cases, if it isn’t the vaccine having an impact? Why were we seeing up to 1000 daily deaths in European countries?

NorthernWisdom

I do think Pzizer in trying to push the 4 week rule is an example of profit as is jabbing under 16’s but there’s no question it isn’t effective and without vaccines wed be in real trouble
The short gap between Pfizer was as much what they'd tested for, so it was a massive gamble to move further out and become a live trial, really. As it happens, that was proved right and a longer gap between jabs was fine, but I fully understand why they said it wasn't, with zero evidence to say otherwise!

NorthernWisdom

You need to go back and read the other posts Shmee:
CDC anounces you’re not counted as fully vaccinated until a full 14 days have passed since your second injection in the case of Pfizer or Moderna, or 14 days after your first dose of Janssen, despite the fact that over 80% of deaths after the vaccines occur in this window.

This means that the 'count' is being manipulated.
Your logic is incredibly backwards, and it's coming from a fixed pre-disposition of scepticism.

shmmeee

CDC anounces you’re not counted as fully vaccinated until a full 14 days have passed since your second injection in the case of Pfizer or Moderna, or 14 days after your first dose of Janssen, despite the fact that over 80% of deaths after the vaccines occur in this window.

Funnily enough you’ve misunderstood my point. The death rate dropped by age group in like with vaccination roll out. In fact your point about 14 days for vaccines to be fully effective is right and why we know it’s saving lives.

As for number fixing, you know we have basic statistical methods to detect this quite reliably right? It’s how we know Russia’s numbers are bullshit for example. Or are the statisticians in on it as well?

How deep does this go Bella? My GF was part of an antibody study, should I be wary?

shmmeee

I posted the other day a quote from a now famously discredited Professor who said "As we prevent three deaths by vaccinating, we incur two deaths. Maybe he was right. Not saying he is, but it's food for thought.

Theres no maybe about it. He’s unequivocally wrong.

chiefdave

So, NONE of you have any questions regarding the safety of the vaccines then? Everything's hunky dory?
Okay.
There's been plenty of questioning of the various vaccines and vaccination programs on this thread but most people look at the evidence, listen to the experts and see that the benefit, both to themselves as an individual and the wider population, far outweighs the risk.

David O'Day

No it just counts as the vaccine takes around 14 days to build up your bodies defense levels.

Are you going to prove to use that basic vaccine dating back to Edward Jenner is wrong? Where is the studies that show that? you like to talk about facts?

Brighton Sky Blue

As I said, it is down to information really, and the fact that we are still in the early stages. It is unique this pandemic and the vaccine is new.

I follow your school of thought and I would assume that is correct, it seems what G posted is along those lines at least.

I think more to the point - why do I have to go on a CCFC forum to try and get that information. If this information is correct then it needs to be put out there. It will really help with the uptake in those people who are in the age ranges were the vaccine and pandemic doesn't particularly affect them otherwise.

It is out there and it’s in the peer reviewed literature if you want to dig into it.

clint van damme

So, NONE of you have any questions regarding the safety of the vaccines then? Everything's hunky dory?
Okay.

Enjoy the game tonight.
PUSB

I know of someone who suffered a serious medical condition recently which has been attributed to the vacinne and there is a poster on here who suffered issue which were attributed it so its not risk free.

However, the risks are very small compared to catching covid, I know of plenty who have died or who are suffering from long covid.

The stats convincingly stack up in favour of getting the jab.

Users who are viewing this thread