Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (34 Viewers)

COV

I don't know if you are aware that there are literally hundreds of scientists who do not agree with the vaccine program. Some of them are the ONLY Nobel prize winners in the field of immunology. As I said MY family are more important to me than your family are, don't be so arrogant to think otherwise.

Interesting way to protect your family, by putting them at serious risk of catching a serious illness

COV

Most of his research (although money orientated) was based on the study of Prof Michael Levitt.

You mean the same Michael Levitt that said this?

“I have been looking at Covid for a very long time, but I should say, as has been said about me numerous times, I am not an epidemiologist, I don’t have an MD.”

skybluetony176

“As we prevent three deaths by vaccinating, we incur two deaths” Robert Mallone
Complete bollocks. His opinion based on nothing that’s never been peer tested against a tsunami of evidence to the contrary from almost every virologist in the world that has been peer tested.

Why do you choose to believe one discredited crank against the entire peer tested medical profession? Doesn’t make sense and certainly displays the immaturity we spoke about earlier.

skybluetony176

one piece of your “evidence"

"Pfizer vaccine does not work" scientific director of Pfizer Michael Yeadon
You should discredit wherever you you read this from simply for the fact that claims he’s a director of Pfizer. He isn’t. If they can’t even get a basic like that correct why would you entertain believing it.

skybluetony176

No, I meann the Professor Michael Levitt, the biophysicist at Stanford University who won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry.
That’s the same Michael Levitt. One thing of note, he won the Nobel prize as part of a team. The others don’t share his view. If you’re using his prize to legitimise his in peer tested opinion then you have to apply the same logic to the others who won it with him, then the sensible thing to do would be to make a simple calculation of weight of numbers which tells you that the majority of his team think he’s wrong, therefore he’s wrong.

fernandopartridge

one piece of your “evidence"

"Pfizer vaccine does not work" scientific director of Pfizer Michael Yeadon

Utter crankery, it doesn't work apart from the overwhelming evidence that suggests actually it does.

Yeadon also said that there was zero chance vaccinated people could be infected by a new variant, I think he should make his mind up over whether vaccines work or not.

COV

No, I meann the Professor Michael Levitt, the biophysicist at Stanford University who won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry.

Yep, I was thinking along similar lines, if Mark Robins left us we should get Eddie Jones in to replace him.

skybluetony176

Regardless, erring on the side of caution, I would rather listen to the advice of a biophysicist at Stanford University who won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry, than to some of the mainstream media. Wouldn't you? It's only common sense.
Like I said. The rest of the team that won that prize don’t share his opinion. Weight of numbers tell you he’s wrong.

skybluetony176

Crank? What on earth are you talking about? If you have nothing of substance to say, say nothing.
The guy has nothing of substance. All he has is a misunderstood opinion that falls down with a minuscule amount of questioning. He’s absolutely a crank and you really don’t have to look into his opinions very hard to understand that.

Liquid Gold

The nobel prize is a bit of a red herring, it's pretty likely that the teams that developed vaccines for Pfizer and Astra Zeneca will be nominated for a nobel prize, and rightly so.
And then the Nobel committee will become part of the woke elite or something and previously strongly held beliefs about the opinions of one Nobel winner will be dropped in favour of something else.

It’s not about the search for truth it’s confirmation bias. Start with the answer you want then find any shred of evidence to back it up.

skybluetony176

The nobel prize is a bit of a red herring, it's pretty likely that the teams that developed vaccines for Pfizer and Astra Zeneca will be nominated for a nobel prize, and rightly so.
Made that point. The rest of the team that won it with him also don’t share his opinion having listened to peer proven evidence.

skybluetony176

Ooooh, you got me!
I’ll take that as a no then. So basically 3 discredited scientists that fly in the face of convention with unverified, un peer tested opinions not based on actual facts trump hundreds if not thousands of scientists, many of who are actual experts in the relevant fields, many of whom will have Noble prizes for their work.

You’re not going to get the vaccine and protect yourself and your family from Covid while also being part of the problem that will mean that your grandchildren will have to be vaccinated based on 3 carefully selected cranks. Wow, what a family man you are.

chiefdave

I don't do facebook. By the way, did you know that Facebook "fact checkers" have two billion dollars in investments in pharmaceuticals?
That is a huge stretch any way you look at it. The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation donated $53,501 to factcheck.org. RWJF holds stock in J&J.

Liquid Gold

I see no real arguments anymore. No rationality, only insults, and appeals through the media from authority. And people like you Liquid Gold and SkyBlueTony, I've read it all before, simplifying and gaslighting arguments to their basest level and giving no real substance. It may be scorn and ridicule now, and yes it's succeeding but what will be the long-term cost? Who's going to stand up and ask the questions if people like you bombard every question with a barrage of bullshit?
You've seen it all before because everybody is sick of your shit.

Get vaccinated and stop being a pussy, it's just a little scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread