Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (9 Viewers)

Grendel

This is the uk though - Iā€™m confused

Itā€™s a non story over blown and many in this ā€œriskā€ group cannot by their other actions logically worry about a one in a million risk
Ā 

shmmeee

Which probably explains why women are more adversely affected as they are more likely to fill those roles

Women clot more anyway I think, been some talk of possible issues with the pill and clotting being exacerbated.

The difference is the prevalence of the virus in the community. Those slides I posted explain it. In a low COVID environment the risks of COVID are slightly outweighed just in U30s, but in a medium or high COVID environment (like earlier in the pandemic or in healthcare setting) they donā€™t. Also the analysis cuts off at 16 weeks and doesnā€™t account for stuff like long COVID.

Itā€™s very unlikely the real world risks outweigh the benefits in any but a few specific scenarios, thatā€™s why itā€™s only a recommendation to use something else if available and not stopping it all together for that group.
Ā 

Marty

Awful nights sleep, fever/chills, muscles cramping, chest pains, woke up and feel even worse today, add to the list, fatigue, ache, pain in legs, nausea. In a right state, hopefully be back to normal by the weekend.
Ā 

hill83

Awful nights sleep, fever/chills, muscles cramping, chest pains, woke up and feel even worse today, add to the list, fatigue, ache, pain in legs, nausea. In a right state, hopefully be back to normal by the weekend.

Have you spoken to a doctor about it? Chest pain at any time regardless of the vaccine needs to be checked.
Ā 

shmmeee

No one comes out of this looking good to be fair

We havenā€™t restricted its use for any age groups. Weā€™ve recommended other vaccines if possible, not the same thing. And again, age profiles and level of COVID are different on the continent. Itā€™s chalk and cheese.
Ā 

PVA

We havenā€™t restricted its use for any age groups. Weā€™ve recommended other vaccines if possible, not the same thing. And again, age profiles and level of COVID are different on the continent. Itā€™s chalk and cheese.

I agree, but this latest development just shows that the blood clot issue wasn't some anti UK plot by the evil EU mafia as some pointed out. They had genuine concerns about the safety of it. Did they go the wrong way about it? Absolutely. But they had real concerns and not just an agenda.

But as I say, no one comes out of it very well.

Also, notice how the government has dropped the 'Oxford' part and now only refers to it as AZ.
Ā 

shmmeee

I agree, but this latest development just shows that the blood clot issue wasn't some anti UK plot by the evil EU mafia as some pointed out. They had genuine concerns about the safety of it. Did they go the wrong way about it? Absolutely. But they had real concerns and not just an agenda.

Also, notice how the government has dropped the 'Oxford' part and now only refers to it as AZ.

Oh I donā€™t think itā€™s a conspiracy, just bloody stupid.
Ā 

clint van damme

My missus was the same. Lasted about 2 days. You should be OK by Saturday latest
Ā 

David O'Day

The mental gymnastics of some of the floofs who were attacking the EU is gold, pure fucking gold.
Ā 

Brighton Sky Blue

There isn't a conspiracy afoot but there is an appalling lack of scientific and statistical understanding that's been ongoing since January. Case in point being VDL demanding that AZ ensure 'predictability in their supply' when primary manufacture of pharmaceuticals has always been variable. All the latest events have done is frighten those under 30s who've had the jab for no good reason.
Ā 

David O'Day

View attachment 19482

Lowest death rate in Europe at present.

What does that have to do with the question which is why do these 3 areas of England have seemingly massive outliers in cases?

Why would you post a graph that shows different information? Who was talking about deaths or even national figures?

Weird
Ā 

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What does that have to do with the question which is why do these 3 areas of England have seemingly massive outliers in cases?

Why would you post a graph that shows different information? Who was talking about deaths or even national figures?

Weird

Because you are looking to try and constantly put a foot down on the UK, or any mention of positivity in this country.

I'm simply pointing out that we are going in the right direction.
Ā 

David O'Day

Because you are looking to try and constantly put a foot down on the UK, or any mention of positivity in this country.

I'm simply pointing out that we are going in the right direction.

No you are being a cock as per usual.

You are simply pointing out you didn't understand the question.

You do realise you can ask questions about certain areas seem to be outliers and not be "putting the country down"

You are weird
Ā 

David O'Day

The locals around Corby are suggesting itā€™s due to a high prevalence of factories and distribution centres in the area.

Maybe but it doesn't seem to be replicated in other areas with similar.

Just think it's interesting to know what maybe causing this as we prepare to start to reduce virus suppression measures.
Ā 

Ian1779

Maybe but it doesn't seem to be replicated in other areas with similar.

Just think it's interesting to know what maybe causing this as we prepare to start to reduce virus suppression measures.
Thatā€™s the word round here. Lots of food preparation factories in Northamptonshire, and last year Northampton had a few issues with large scale clusters of infections in these type of places. Iā€™m guessing chilled environments, not brilliantly ventilated would be good breeding grounds.
Ā 

Users who are viewing this thread