Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (52 Viewers)

Grendel

I pay tax band H. So I know hiw much band H is. And further to your comment you won't even find a property around here for 500k. But of course you know everything......

Not everywhere shot up in price. That is why you can still get a house around here for less than 40k. But I suppose you also know that.

There is a 6 bedroom farmhouse in LA 14 for £500,000 and it’s £250 month council tax

Ring Of Steel

Wonder how long it will take to fully recover?
He needs to take the time advised. You can't just walk out of intensive care and back into work.

If available info is anything to go by it will be a fair while yet, even if he was only on oxygen treatment as opposed to the dreaded ventilator

The coventrian

Check out your bullshit before you come out with it. I am in the highest band. It is about £3,900 a year.
What bullshit? I never said I was in the highest band. Mines just gone up to about 280 a month. I was replying to some dickhead that said I lived in jardine.

Grendel

Astute

What bullshit? I never said I was in the highest band. Mines just gone up to about 280 a month. I was replying to some dickhead that said I lived in jardine.
No. You said you pay more in council tax than they pay in rent/mortgage.

shmmeee

That's what I said! They have an additional 10K expense allowance.

https://theipsa-web-staging.azurewebsites.net/media/185648/bulletin-19-march-2020.pdf

Back in the real world the likes of you and me are entitled to a whopping £62 a year to cover the additional expense of working from home.

Wonder how many MPs will suddenly discover they have family members who provide services to assist with setting up home working?

Probably not many. That’s my point. Especially after the expenses scandal. This is just more right wing “all public expenditure is by definition evil” stuff. People are generally alright, if you see evil people everywhere then that probably says something about you TBH.

Also you’re confusing claiming WFH expenses with your employer providing you with work equipment. My employer has let me take a chair, triple monitor setup, ergonomic KB/M and secure work laptop home. That’s well over £1k of kit and I don’t work in a job constrained by national security.

I’d imagine you don’t just log into your MPs case work from your Mums Chromebook.

CCFCSteve

Another piece of good news (hopefully)

Health Secretary launches biggest diagnostic lab network in British history to test for coronavirus

From what I’ve read the focus on (and delay to) the opening of the hubs has been one of the reasons why initial testing numbers have been so poor - I’m not sure how accurate this is, however, again, from what I read PHE wanted to focus on the super testing labs (and control the testing process) rather than engaging with private enterprise, uni’s etc.

As I’ve mentioned before, I’m not even that fussed about wider community testing whilst we’re all still under lockdown (Limited immediate benefit), however, hopefully this (and the other testing facilities) will help get NHS workers who are off with symptoms Or their families are symptomatic, back to work quicker.

Grendel

So what happened to the 800k house you quoted? A one off with most probably a lot of land and views is much less than you said......

No the farmhouse is £500,000 and a Band F and the average value hike to get to the top band is £800,000 it seems you have two homes in Band D which still is sizeable values and claiming single occupancy relief so the comment to the Coventrian was somewhat untrue or certainly was a false impression

Grendel

All the evidence says he's a troll. Nobody on earth can be as stupid as he is generally!

I can safely say he’d pass under the radar on here if he’d be as passionate about Corbyn - he is singled out as he’s young and dares to support the Tory government

Users who are viewing this thread