Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (60 Viewers)

The coventrian

Still waiting on you to respond to the three links to articles about far-right marches I provided you with yesterday when you claimed that no right-wing people have ever been on a march or ever smashed anything up, bossman
Of course they have but 9 times out of 10 it's the weird left that kick off. Funnily the majority of them couldn't fight there way out of a wet paper bag.

Astute

I imagine my council tax is more a month than your rent/mortgage. Dont worry you might make it to my level one day.
Check out your bullshit before you come out with it. I am in the highest band. It is about £3,900 a year.

Sick Boy

Tbh i dont know why @SkyBlueDom26 gets the shit he gets on the numbers. It's everywhere. The news. Forums. Social media. TODAY'S DEATH TOLL IS

You can't get away from it. Its fucking all
consuming.

Yes, i get why people say dont pay attention to single day numbers, as yes the trends are what we need, but fucking hell if the bloke wants to look for light at the end of the tunnel with daily numbers then so be it

Yeah if he finds it gives him hope or some kind of comfort to look at it in that way then who are we to judge.

shmmeee

Well that's encouraging, but probably the worst time to get it. Stay safe.

Yeah weirdly I was hoping for Corona cos I’m over the worst, but if I’ve got a respiratory illness and THEN get corona. Whooo boy.

I managed to pick up a cold in lockdown as well. It’s a fucking miracle I’m alive with my immune system.

TomRad85

Which bit do you live in? I had my best of times in London, and my worst of times. Got to admit it's too busy for me now, can't cope with the pace!
Live right on the outskirts in Cheshunt atm, its perfect, you feel both out of it and in it at the same time. Moving back to Palmers Green soon so will be right back in it, not overly keen on Palmers but the wife is boss it seems.

Have also lived in Stratford, which is kinda shit but I liked it and Harlseden which is just shit and has no redeeming qualities.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

If it starts getting to you give it a break.
This shit can creep up on you. These are strange times.
Exactly I just don't look for them anymore. They'll pop.up.i the news at some point so I'll see them then.

They will go up and down for at least a a few weeks so theres no point investing yourself in the daily figures as it can't be good for you.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ring Of Steel

Of course they have but 9 times out of 10 it's the weird left that kick off. Funnily the majority of them couldn't fight there way out of a wet paper bag.

I dunno, every time I see any footage of Tommy Robinson & his crew they’re usually in the process of getting battered, chased or restrained, bleating on camera about brutality and how they keep getting attacked.

chiefdave

While the rest of the country has pretty effortlessly switched to working from home it seems MPs need an extra £10K in expenses allowance to do the same.
Fake news. It’s up to £10k that can be claimed for staff purely to enable them to work from home
You say its fake news then post the same thing!

The document from IPSA even states costs related to home working are already claimable from the existing office costs budget. Does raise the question of why MPs and their staff need such a high allowance when the rest of us can only claim £6 per week tax relief. For a standard rate tax payer that works out at £62 a year.

Is quite funny seeing MPs and their staff tying themselves in knots on social media trying to justify it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Tbh i dont know why @SkyBlueDom26 gets the shit he gets on the numbers. It's everywhere. The news. Forums. Social media. TODAY'S DEATH TOLL IS

You can't get away from it. Its fucking all
consuming.

Yes, i get why people say dont pay attention to single day numbers, as yes the trends are what we need, but fucking hell if the bloke wants to look for light at the end of the tunnel with daily numbers then so be it

Yes the figures are everywhere. Half the time it feels like it's replaced final score with the footy results.

But the thing is Dom seemingly gets really excited or depressed every day depending on those numbers and it isn't good for him. Getting very upbeat when the figures go down just leads to him taking it badly when they go up again, as we've seen for successive weeks when people told him not to get excited about figures over the weekend as Tue will likely once again see a spike, which it did and Dom was very downbeat by it.

Look at the numbers by all means, mention then on here. But don't get so emotionally embroiled in every days figures. A bad day isn't the end of the world, nor is a good one a sign we're seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Grendel

Check out your bullshit before you come out with it. I am in the highest band. It is about £3,900 a year.

You’ve been ripped off

David O'Day

The document from IPSA even states costs related to home working are already claimable from the existing office costs budget. Does raise the question of why MPs and their staff need such a high allowance when the rest of us can only claim £6 per week tax relief. For a standard rate tax payer that works out at £62 a year.

Is quite funny seeing MPs and their staff tying themselves in knots on social media trying to justify it.

It's additional funds if needed.

So yes it's fake news

Astute

Raging about the fine now, feckin jobsworths.
I agree. But even though it is bad you have to look at it from both sides. You shouldn't have both gone. But yes they should be catching those doing wrong......

shmmeee

They have a responsibility to provide a H&S compliant work environment like every other employer. If you’ve got 5 staff who need laptops printers chairs and desks that £10k won’t go very far.

Not sure what tax relief has to do with it. It’s up to you to talk to your employer about home working equipment if you want it.

I’d be amazed if many even claim the full amount. Just more tired “lol all politicians are evil” crap that let’s through the actually awful ones because they’re “all as bad as each other”. Sorry I know it’s popular but IMO it’s destructive to democracy.

Grendel

No I don't. Bought two properties band D. Get hit with top tax bracket. 2xD=H

So you don’t have a band H property then

chiefdave

It's additional funds if needed.

So yes it's fake news
That's what I said! They have an additional 10K expense allowance.
IPSA said:
Provided an additional £10,000 to each MP’s office costs budget to support the setting up of working from home arrangements.
https://theipsa-web-staging.azurewebsites.net/media/185648/bulletin-19-march-2020.pdf

Back in the real world the likes of you and me are entitled to a whopping £62 a year to cover the additional expense of working from home.

Wonder how many MPs will suddenly discover they have family members who provide services to assist with setting up home working?

Grendel

No I don't. Bought two properties band D. Get hit with top tax bracket. 2xD=H

Why don’t you get 50% relief on your second home?

Astute

So you don’t have a band H property then
I pay tax band H. So I know hiw much band H is. And further to your comment you won't even find a property around here for 500k. But of course you know everything......

Not everywhere shot up in price. That is why you can still get a house around here for less than 40k. But I suppose you also know that.

Users who are viewing this thread