Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (34 Viewers)

skybluetony176

It doesn't make much sense at all and Scotland have seen no change at all in their figures yet since intro and none at all from the mask policy which has remained in force
Again how do you know? The science says otherwise unless you’re suggesting that Scotland is the only country in the world where masks don’t work.

robbiekeane

Its baffling why people keep talking about lockdowns, not being able to see family & friends, events being cancelled etc. All that's being spoken about is mask wearing in public, vaccine checks for venues & events and working from home where possible. The same things that are being done in countries around the world with out much in the way of problems.

The frustration for me if this is introduced is that it was what was originally planned for 'freedom day', there will always be the question that if we'd stuck to the plan then would it have meant lives being saved?
Works well in new york. Masks on public transport, ubers etc. Go to a Bar you need ID and a photo of your vaccine card or an app that has your record. Takes 2 seconds. Then at least you know everyone else in the bar is vaccinated (or can be bothered to fake it)

Not a big deal.

Obviously not a serious suggestion but if only there was a way to just refuse the anti-vaxxers admission to hospitals when the fuckers come down with covid and take up valuable space in ICU putting pressure on the NHS.
Wankers

skyblue1991

I'd rather not have vaccine passports but if that is going to stop me from going to pubs, restaruants and the football and all I have to do is show my NHS app QR code and my ID then it will be a minor inconvenience on the basis other people follow suit

I'd much rather just have face coverings in indoor public areas

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd rather not have vaccine passports but if that is going to stop me from going to pubs, restaruants and the football and all I have to do is show my NHS app QR code and my ID then it will be a minor inconvenience on the basis other people follow suit

I'd much rather just have face coverings in indoor public areas

I'd much rather just show my phone than have to cover my face

COV

Works well in new york. Masks on public transport, ubers etc. Go to a Bar you need ID and a photo of your vaccine card or an app that has your record. Takes 2 seconds. Then at least you know everyone else in the bar is vaccinated (or can be bothered to fake it)

Not a big deal.

Obviously not a serious suggestion but if only there was a way to just refuse the anti-vaxxers admission to hospitals when the fuckers come down with covid and take up valuable space in ICU putting pressure on the NHS.
Wankers

Sounds reasonable 😁 And if this is going to be a two tier system separating sensible people from selfish dickheads, even better

CCFCSteve

I’d imagine tonight’s briefing will be a final push for more vaccinations and boosters with the threat of Plan B hanging over everyone

As has been mentioned, even that isn’t too painful for most individuals. Masks, vaccine passports etc. Not sure of the impact on certain businesses though

Skyblueweeman

I think the comparisons with Scandanavian countries can be taken with a pinch of salt.

The UK has an average of 277 people per sq KM.

Denmark has 146
Finland has 18
Iceland has 4
Norway has 15
Sweden has 25

We've got a lot of people crammed into a smaller piece of land - naturally there's going to be more chance of catching something when there's x10 the amount of people in a sq KM on average (bar Denmark tbf).

COV

I’d imagine tonight’s briefing will be a final push for more vaccinations and boosters with the threat of Plan B hanging over everyone

As has been mentioned, even that isn’t too painful for most individuals. Masks, vaccine passports etc. Not sure of the impact on certain businesses though

Which businesses?

(Not arguing, just interested)

chiefdave

Sounds the same as what's happening in Canada, or at least Ontario, according to my mate who went to his first hockey game post-covid a few days ago. Proof of vaccination which matches the name on any government issued photo-id. Then masks unless eating or drinking and he said that was being strictly enforced.
Edit: except the people that can’t for medical reasons
If and when they come in I'd be amazed if there wasn't some sort of exemption involving taking a test for those who have a genuine medical reason for not being vaccinated.
And if this is going to be a two tier system separating sensible people from selfish dickheads, even better
Reality is there's a two tier system now but the ones suffering and those who are CV and CEV who are being advised not to go anywhere that there is likely to be unvaccinated people.

Kieranp96

Presumably you have access to more information than this guy then!

The NHS especially in cov was barley under stress in previous waves, now we have vaccines + better viral medication + they have bsck up beds in pretty much all hospitals this winter will be no problem,. Cases still. In kids and parents atm

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It probably also means vaccine passports - something that practically will be difficult to enforce and develops a two tier system

I don't think it would be difficult to enforce, just time consuming.

If it was a 'two-tier system' it would be a self-inflicted one. It's very easy to get into the 'top' tier - just have the vaccine (unless you have a medically certified reason why you can't)

If you refuse and are then denied access to places it's on your own head.

It's like saying there's a two tier system for going to the match. How dare anyone tell me I can't go to the game just because I haven't got a ticket.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think either way none of us want or feel there needs to be a lockdown but are happy to accept any minor change to what we have now if it definitely is needed

Trouble is you suspect Johnson is the type of person who would resist the minor changes because a vocal few would put him off doing it and we'd end up need the major changes from the spread. Even though he'd know it would be worse later on he just could not bear the immediate criticism.

clint van damme

Yes im. So. Pathetic because I dont want to be locked in like you lot 🤣, weve not. Locked down for years because of the flu. Pretty much same symptoms and death % ect.

Who's locked in you fucking gimp. You talk utter shite.
You're resorting to making stupid remarks because your arguments about Scsndanavia were proven to be shite.

Brighton Sky Blue

The NHS especially in cov was barley under stress in previous waves, now we have vaccines + better viral medication + they have bsck up beds in pretty much all hospitals this winter will be no problem,. Cases still. In kids and parents atm

You do realise an actual documentary was made featuring COVID wards at Walsgrave?

Kieranp96

Who's locked in you fucking gimp. You talk utter shite.
You're resorting to making stupid remarks because your arguments about Scsndanavia were proven to be shite.
They wasn't though, scandinavia still has high covid rates they're just getting on with life as everyone else should be now.

chiefdave

Yea there was what 30 patients in there, I bet at any given time there is the same fly or more in there
The current 7 day rate for deaths equates to nearly 50K a year. Is that an acceptable number? That's a genuine question, is there a cut off point at which deaths are too high?

It was only a few weeks people were talking about it being acceptable if it was similar to an average flu year, then it was acceptable if it was similar to a bad flu year. Now we're looking at numbers that would put it above heart disease as the biggest cause of death in the UK annually and people are still saying its fine and nothing to worry about.

Are the resources going to be put in place to allow the healthcare system to cope with that many covid patients on an ongoing basis without it impacting other patients?

clint van damme

Ay its allowed me to move closer to moving out this shithole and being in another country thats far better off than this place.

Cheerio.
But be honest with yourself, do you really think you'll pickup a new language when you clearly struggle with English?

Users who are viewing this thread