Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (93 Viewers)

wingy

Think you’re right Clint. Posted this before (and know people who were around London/Wembley last Friday who’ve tested positive). Appreciate its outdoors but…..

On the train down etcetera.

CCFCSteve

Thought this was released ages ago.
Something like 15 from 60k including Wembley.

Yeah, the odd individual event data was released (like Liverpool rave) but the full data across all test events hadn’t been. Lloyd Webber threatened legal action and gov released info yesterday

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Yeah, this has been kind of lost in the all the Hancock news. It’s pretty disgraceful that health officials/gov were trying to withhold this...apparently until
Lloyd Webber threatened legal action.

As has been said before most test events were during a low transmission period so any release could’ve been caveated stating ‘it’s positive news but....’

Pilot events/social situation sampling should’ve been taking place from mid last year (even in higher transmission times) to see where spread happens most, what’s relatively safe or not etc etc. It’s been a lazy approach by health officials/scientific advisors to advise total lockdown of certain situations/events*, without evidence, as it appears far more nuanced than that. In addition the manipulation and presentation/misrepresentation of data and information during this pandemic has been shocking/almost worrying

*just to be clear I believe total lockdown has been fully justifiable at various times during then pandemic. I’m taking about the relaxation of regulations, where they could safely happen and when
Indeed. The thousands at Bournemouth/Dorset beaches could've given them a clue or two about transmission too.

I think that by releasing this info about outdoor gatherings being relatively safe they were worried people would start to ignore any restrictions/guidance.

They couldn't keep saying 'less than 30 at weddings/funerals' when folk had evidence that that arbitrary figure had no relevance.

CCFCSteve

Indeed. The thousands at Bournemouth/Dorset beaches could've given them a clue or two about transmission too.

I think that by releasing this info about outdoor gatherings being relatively safe they were worried people would start to ignore any restrictions/guidance.

They couldn't keep saying 'less than 30 at weddings/funerals' when folk had evidence that that arbitrary figure had no relevance.

Some were indoor as well (Brits, theatre etc) As I say, all were in lower transmission times and I’d also question the accuracy a little (as all are reliant on info submitted by individuals attending - I did my bit by getting hammered at Edgbaston - i was negative before and after though !)...but I ultimately the results look positive overall so annoying they were trying to suppress them

NorthernWisdom

Yeah, this has been kind of lost in the all the Hancock news. It’s pretty disgraceful that health officials/gov were trying to withhold this...apparently until
Lloyd Webber threatened legal action.

As has been said before most test events were during a low transmission period so any release could’ve been caveated stating ‘it’s positive news but....’

Pilot events/social situation sampling should’ve been taking place from mid last year (even in higher transmission times) to see where spread happens most, what’s relatively safe or not etc etc. It’s been a lazy approach by health officials/scientific advisors to advise total lockdown of certain situations/events*, without evidence, as it appears far more nuanced than that. In addition the manipulation and presentation/misrepresentation of data and information during this pandemic has been shocking/almost worrying

*just to be clear I believe total lockdown has been fully justifiable at various times during then pandemic. I’m taking about the relaxation of regulations, where they could safely happen and when
There was an issue with people not actually testing themselves either before or after the events however, which is probably why they haven't bothered publicising it much, as the results aren't as helpful because of that.

In other words, it probably needs more testing and more evidence to come to a proper conclusion.

CCFCSteve

There was an issue with people not actually testing themselves either before or after the events however, which is probably why they haven't bothered publicising it much, as the results aren't as helpful because of that.

In other words, it probably needs more testing and more evidence to come to a proper conclusion.

Agree about lack/accuracy of testing (as I said above also relying on individuals honestly !!! 😬). Maybe could’ve been doing some spot testing at the events as well

If the structure of the pilots/testing isn’t giving them conclusive/reliable evidence though, they should either stop doing them or change them

NorthernWisdom

Agree about lack/accuracy of testing (as I said above also relying on individuals honestly !!! 😬). Maybe could’ve been doing some spot testing at the events as well

If the structure of the pilots/testing isn’t giving them conclusive/reliable evidence though, they should either stop doing them or change them
I guess the issue with stopping them is what do you do in their place, and if you do enough of them, you hurdle over the handicaps to actually find the results.

chiefdave

28 positive cases from 58,000 who attended sports events over spring
Not sure the data is of any use. Looking at the report the number of people who did both required tests, pre and post event, is very low.

League Cup Final was 3%, FA Cup Semis 7%, FA Cup Final 17%. The overall figure for all events was only 15% completing both tests.

hill83

Not sure the data is of any use. Looking at the report the number of people who did both required tests, pre and post event, is very low.

League Cup Final was 3%, FA Cup Semis 7%, FA Cup Final 17%. The overall figure for all events was only 15% completing both tests.

People are such dickheads in general. "No, I'm not following any rules"
Fucking toddlers.

50 year old men almost in tears storming out of pubs because they've been asked for contact details.

SBAndy

People are such dickheads in general. "No, I'm not following any rules"
Fucking toddlers.

50 year old men almost in tears storming out of pubs because they've been asked for contact details.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s embarrassing. Just think that - in respect of testing after ‘test events’ - they must have been able to see that coming. Could it have been built into the ticket pricing/terms? “Pay £100 for a ticket, but get a £40 rebate if a test result is submitted within 2 days”? I dunno.

wingy

0.3% I think.

Evo1883

Huge protest In London again today
giphy.gif

shmmeee

I was shocked when I saw the spokesperson for the extinction rebellion protests in Cov.
I know him, really mild mannered fella, didn't have him down as the activist type.

There a generally mild mannered bunch XR Cov. More vegan bake sales and less supergluing themselves to monuments.

skybluetony176

Took a lateral flow test for the first time today.

How does anyone do it without gagging and wanting to throw up?!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
I do one a week. I’m now gagging at the point I look at the swab as it’s heading for my mouth. Hate it but what else are you going to do.

baldy

Great to see that protest today - the country needs its freedom back,we’ve done all what we’ve asked to do to protect the NHS & it‘s now 10 times less bad than it was - some 3,000 people compared to 39,000 at its peak plus even when at 39K we didn’t use the Nightingale so the NHS wasn’t overwhelmed at all - nah enough’s enough now

robbiekeane

I was shocked when I saw the spokesperson for the extinction rebellion protests in Cov.
I know him, really mild mannered fella, didn't have him down as the activist type.
A good friend of mine who I would consider very intelligent is right in an amongst this shit. Ramblings range from “this is all an attempt by global leaders to push communism”, to “why are we not using HCQ to save lives it’s a disgrace” and “the vaccine is manipulating DNA you guys are idiots”.

I genuinely think this thing has had a hugely negative impact on people’s mental health and it’s pushed them to this. The only explanation, it’s mental

robbiekeane

Great to see that protest today - the country needs its freedom back,we’ve done all what we’ve asked to do to protect the NHS & it‘s now 10 times less bad than it was - some 3,000 people compared to 39,000 at its peak plus even when at 39K we didn’t use the Nightingale so the NHS wasn’t overwhelmed at all - nah enough’s enough now
The biggest shame about this whole thing is that we don’t even get the silver lining of Darwinism - if only you fucking idiotic juvenile conspiracy theorists were the people who directly received the impact of your negligence, then at least we’d have some poetic justice.

baldy

The biggest shame about this whole thing is that we don’t even get the silver lining of Darwinism - if only you fucking idiotic juvenile conspiracy theorists were the people who directly received the impact of your negligence, then at least we’d have some poetic justice.

Fuck off with the conspiracy theory absolute bullshit - I‘m not & never have been you moron - pathetic,just because I don’t want to live in fear like you
Lazy response

Grendel

Does he have no self respect? Remember how he was driven out before. Incredible

Are you being serious?

It shows Johnson has acknowledged Cummings and his nonsense is well in the past

Will be well received by the majority in the country and boost the government poll ratings - him vs that oily weirdo shadow health bloke? No contest

Brighton Sky Blue

Are you being serious?

It shows Johnson has acknowledged Cummings and his nonsense is well in the past

Will be well received by the majority in the country and boost the government poll ratings - him vs that oily weirdo shadow health bloke? No contest

Well yes he left because of Cummings’ interference so presumably he has had assurances he will have a freer hand.

One question for you G, how do you think it will go down with the half of the Tory membership that has a problem with brown leaders?

Grendel

Well yes he left because of Cummings’ interference so presumably he has had assurances he will have a freer hand.

One question for you G, how do you think it will go down with the half of the Tory membership that has a problem with brown leaders?

Who cares Tory members would fill a phone booth

fernandopartridge

Fuck off with the conspiracy theory absolute bullshit - I‘m not & never have been you moron - pathetic,just because I don’t want to live in fear like you
Lazy response
You haven't got a clue. The NHS was overwhelmed:

It had to create thousands of extra ICU beds
It had to redraft other clinical specialities to look after critically ill patients,
It had consultants doing nursing shifts
It's now got a significant backlog of people waiting for treatment
Thousands of people with undiagnosed cancer

Comparing today with a catastrophic situation doesn't mean today is any good.

I tend to agree that it is time to go back to normal but it's only a few weeks to get second jabs to a chunk of the population. It's not as if the current restrictions are any thing that can't be lived with for a bit longer, let's be honest.

I take it that you, like saddlebags has had both of your jabs

COV

You haven't got a clue. The NHS was overwhelmed:

It had to create thousands of extra ICU beds
It had to redraft other clinical specialities to look after critically ill patients,
It had consultants doing nursing shifts
It's now got a significant backlog of people waiting for treatment
Thousands of people with undiagnosed cancer

Comparing today with a catastrophic situation doesn't mean today is any good.

I tend to agree that it is time to go back to normal but it's only a few weeks to get second jabs to a chunk of the population. It's not as if the current restrictions are any thing that can't be lived with for a bit longer, let's be honest.

I take it that you, like saddlebags has had both of your jabs

Doubt it, the jabs are only for people over 18

Users who are viewing this thread