Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (14 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Also bloke from Silverstone said earlier they would’ve gone bust if it was cancelled/no crowd
Silverstone is always going bust. Pandemic or no pandemic. It’s a long standing tradition. Same with the RSC. It usually just means that they’ve lost a wealthy benefactor and need a new one.

D

Deleted member 11652

@Nick is right on the fatties though. Should be regularly checked and if you’re over weight sent off to a fat camp.

Any child that is overweight should be taken off their parents as well it’s child abuse

D

Deleted member 11652

What a gentleman

But it’s a vicious cycle isn’t it. How many times do you see fat kids aged between 5-15 and it’s because their parents are fat too. They then get bullied at school and have health problems etc. How hard is it to put the chocolate in a high cupboard and put peas on their plates

Brighton Sky Blue

But it’s a vicious cycle isn’t it. How many times do you see fat kids aged between 5-15 and it’s because their parents are fat too. They then get bullied at school and have health problems etc. How hard is it to put the chocolate in a high cupboard and put peas on their plates

It isn't always that simple though, particularly as you get older. It's a difficult balance between giving people the personal freedom to live how they wish and the indirect consequences their actions have on others. Not a parent yet but as and when I am one I'll learn from what happened to me with easy access to fattening food and drink.

It would be nice to see restaurants offering children smaller portions of the adult menu instead of chicken nuggets out the freezer

D

Deleted member 11652

It isn't always that simple though, particularly as you get older. It's a difficult balance between giving people the personal freedom to live how they wish and the indirect consequences their actions have on others. Not a parent yet but as and when I am one I'll learn from what happened to me with easy access to fattening food and drink.

It would be nice to see restaurants offering children smaller portions of the adult menu instead of chicken nuggets out the freezer

It’s not a case of being on a strict diet though. I’ve not exactly eaten perfectly and I drink about 50 vodka and cokes every weekend. As long as you keep yourself fit you can eat what you like at my age.

Kids shouldn’t be that different really, there’s no excuse for kids to be allowed to be fat and it should be punished as it’s cruel. Children wouldn’t be allowed to be underweight or malnourished

D

Deleted member 11652

I know what you mean about access. It pissed me off that during both lockdowns I could order a takeaway but I couldn’t go to the gym. Gyms should’ve remained open and fast food places shut down in my eyes

fernandopartridge

Taking my kids out to restaurants it's just something, chips and beans. Without wanting to sound like a food snob (cos I definitely am not), they don't eat that at home so why would they want it out. As you say just a smaller portion of the adult menu is what they should be having like they do at home (we have peas instead of beans ffs)

Brighton Sky Blue

I know what you mean about access. It pissed me off that during both lockdowns I could order a takeaway but I couldn’t go to the gym. Gyms should’ve remained open and fast food places shut down in my eyes

Gyms I understand because they're indoors, but outdoor sport should have been allowed to continue throughout. Does so much for physical and mental health even if it's only a few hours a week. Know a few who have done Man v Fat football and it's worked wonders for them

D

Deleted member 11652

Gyms I understand because they're indoors, but outdoor sport should have been allowed to continue throughout. Does so much for physical and mental health even if it's only a few hours a week. Know a few who have done Man v Fat football and it's worked wonders for them

Yeah a lad in my team caught covid and we’d trained with him that morning and all of us tested negative. Same with Gilmour it seems its doesn’t transmit that much playing football outdoors. Kids football should’ve continued at the expense of takeaways. Of course that wouldn’t have been the best decision financially

Brighton Sky Blue

Taking my kids out to restaurants it's just something, chips and beans. Without wanting to sound like a food snob (cos I definitely am not), they don't eat that at home so why would they want it out. As you say just a smaller portion of the adult menu is what they should be having like they do at home (we have peas instead of beans ffs)

Wagamama's are one of the only places I know that explicitly offer children that choice. That's part of where it starts I think, an assumption that children won't like 'healthy' stuff so just give them any old crap

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah a lad in my team caught covid and we’d trained with him that morning and all of us tested negative. Same with Gilmour it seems its doesn’t transmit that much playing football outdoors. Kids football should’ve continued at the expense of takeaways. Of course that wouldn’t have been the best decision financially

We know now that surface transmission basically never happens and outdoor transmission is very rare as well. Of course we couldn't have known all this at the beginning but now we do, if we end up back in another lockdown things like that have to be protected

CCFCSteve

Order an adult portion of something you want on menu and eat the leftovers

Nick

Administrator

Most of the simple pub food places around here offer a few decent options.

You can usually swap beans for peas and chips for mash etc.

CCFCSteve

My lads year off due to positive case. His mates whole school is shut. Getting about a bit again.

It’s rife in the under 30s (looking at latest PHE data) As long as it’s not leading to big uptick in illness/hospitalisations then I think it’s something that will be accepted. There was a slow down in the rate of transmission across the country last week (expect a Scottish and London post Wembley increase this week but elsewhere hopefully it will continue that pattern)

SBAndy

Didn’t have to be one or the other. If people can’t/won’t cook then that’s on them, not the takeaway owner. But definitely agree that outdoor sport could and should have carried on a lot more than it did.

D

Deleted member 11652

Didn’t have to be one or the other. If people can’t/won’t cook then that’s on them, not the takeaway owner. But definitely agree that outdoor sport could and should have carried on a lot more than it did.

I know it didn’t have to be but if it was a balancing act for the government and only one could remain, it should have been sports

CCFCSteve

I know it didn’t have to be but if it was a balancing act for the government and only one could remain, it should have been sports

I’d agree on a personal level but would the country ?! We’ve had a virus that people know hits the obese hardest and that a healthier lifestyle might increase your chances of survival/less severe illness...what does the country do whilst most of it was on furlough...less fucking exercise* 🤷‍♂️.

*Edit - apart from over 65s apparently

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I’d agree on a personal level but would the country ?! We’ve had a virus that people know hits the obese hardest and that a healthier lifestyle might increase your chances of survival/less severe illness...what does the country do whilst most of it was on furlough...less fucking exercise* 🤷‍♂️.

*Edit - apart from over 65s apparently

Exactly!

The govt should have been saying get outside you lazy fuckers. Should never have cancelled grass roots sports either, just meant kids were locked in on their Playstation.

Brighton Sky Blue

Walk in first and second jabs running at the transport museum from today through to Sunday until 3 pm. Only had a month since my first, is it worth going?

skyblueinBaku

It’s rife in the under 30s (looking at latest PHE data) As long as it’s not leading to big uptick in illness/hospitalisations then I think it’s something that will be accepted. There was a slow down in the rate of transmission across the country last week (expect a Scottish and London post Wembley increase this week but elsewhere hopefully it will continue that pattern)
*uptick Increase.

skybluetony176

@Nick is right on the fatties though. Should be regularly checked and if you’re over weight sent off to a fat camp.

Any child that is overweight should be taken off their parents as well it’s child abuse
So what if they have 4 kids and 3 of them are perfectly healthy and fit but one has mental health issues and uses eating as a coping method. They’re responsible parents who are working with their GP, CHAMS etc to help their child?

Still straight into the foster care system?

D

Deleted member 11652

So what if they have 4 kids and 3 of them are perfectly healthy and fit but one has mental health issues and uses eating as a coping method. They’re responsible parents who are working with their GP, CHAMS etc to help their child?

Still straight into the foster care system?

Fat camp mate

Users who are viewing this thread