Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Do you want to discuss boring politics? (7 Viewers)

But what about, but what about .



giphy.gif
 
About Labour’s voter coalition in 2017:



But he's some ex Labour bloke staffer, not even an MP, with 16k followers.

Why does that cut through more than the Prime Minister saying the working class are feckless criminals, chavs and losers?

I doubt it does. I just came across it on Twitter, like the above post and thought it showed that the centrists in Labour can be just as deluded as the rest about the electorate.

As for the second bit, to most people “Boris” is a friendly shambolic character who’s a bit of a shagger and up for a laugh. He says things he’s “not supposed to” but don’t we all eh? At least he’s not a PC fun sponge.

This is a good explanation: Why Johnson will always get away with it
 
But what about, but what about .

Labour had these people as voters and lost them , its on them to get them back ...simple as that

Pointless argument now

I've got football to watch then I'm going to give the missus the most average 2 minutes of her life afterwards.

A classic piece of Starmer spin - we all know it’s 25 seconds
 
As for the second bit, to most people “Boris” is a friendly shambolic character who’s a bit of a shagger and up for a laugh. He says things he’s “not supposed to” but don’t we all eh? At least he’s not a PC fun sponge.

Absolutely.

And to most people that's more important than any policy, or actually improving the state of the country, or helping out those worse off in society.

And that's what really fucking grates.
 
But what about, but what about .

Labour had these people as voters and lost them , its on them to get them back ...simple as that

Pointless argument now

I've got football to watch then I'm going to give the missus the most average 2 minutes of her life afterwards.

We literally have the painters in and Mrs BSB also has her own painters in so it's a double no backsies cockblock here
 
One last thing , left right whatever .

Is there a bigger bellend on social media than Terry Christian, what a little wankstain
Lee Hurst and Matt Le Tissier are bad from what I've seen. Shame cos Le Tissier was one of my footballing idols growing up.
 
Wait, he's trying to claim Brexit allowed English clubs to pull out of the ESL? Fuck me 😂
 
Wait, he's trying to claim Brexit allowed English clubs to pull out of the ESL? Fuck me 😂
That’s Ian Holloway logic.... like the time he tried to blame the EU for VAR.
 
I just cannot wait for Gareth Snell to go on TV calling for Starmer to resign after the assumed dreadful results of the WMCA race.

As the Labour campaign manager for the race, it is almost like he is duty-bound to do this.

He doesn't even need to wait for the result. Just get on TV early and set the tone for the results.

Snell.PNG
 
Why would I disagree with that ? But let's not pretend that that Labour is this Labour..

I mean at its core it definitely is. Left wing views are left wing views. Wipe all the crap off and there’s just someone who wants higher wages, better working conditions, more home ownership and education for more people and no one left behind. It’s the incessant squabbling about the other 99% of politics that does us in these days.
 
I mean at its core it definitely is. Left wing views are left wing views. Wipe all the crap off and there’s just someone who wants higher wages, better working conditions, more home ownership and education for more people and no one left behind. It’s the incessant squabbling about the other 99% of politics that does us in these days.

I'm struggling with these Coventry Labour values.

Is this what you mean by more home ownership?


Or higher wages?

 
I'm struggling with these Coventry Labour values.

Is this what you mean by more home ownership?


Or higher wages?

Pretty fucking vulgar using Townshend as an example tbh. Regardless of his wrong doings. Didn't the Conservatives deliver 0 starter homes of a promised 200,000 recently?
 
Pretty fucking vulgar using Townshend as an example tbh. Regardless of his wrong doings. Didn't the Conservatives deliver 0 starter homes of a promised 200,000 recently?

No, definitely not vulgar. He was deputy leader. His actions should be taken into account. I can't see how his death in any way adds or subtracts to what happened when he was in office.
 
And let's not forget that the current Housing Secretary basically admitted to corruption not long ago.

Oh silly me. That's OK. It's only bad when someone from Labour does it.
 
And let's not forget that the current Housing Secretary basically admitted to corruption not long ago.

Oh silly me. That's OK. It's only bad when someone from Labour does it.

Not deputy leader of Coventry City Council at the time and these are Local Elections where people elect these people into a position of trust.
 
I didn't say he was deputy leader of CCC. What relevance does that have anyway? Are you saying it's OK to be corrupt at government level but not local council level? I can't imagine you are but that's what it sounds like.
 
I didn't say he was deputy leader of CCC. What relevance does that have anyway? Are you saying it's OK to be corrupt at government level but not local council level? I can't imagine you are but that's what it sounds like.

I would think corruption isn't acceptable at any level of Government.

Or by any individuals in any political party.
 
The relevance is quite clear. These elections are Local Elections. About local Councillors. About people who want to represent Coventry.

I would say individual personal values are a big thing on what people get elected by.

I would say the values shown by the former deputy leader drop well below acceptable common standards.
 
Oh we’re doing guilt by association are we?



(Former Tory, but that doesn’t usually stop you)


Guess all Tories are perverted.

Ridiculous way to decide who to vote for. Yes there are dodgy councillors, in a population of several thousand that will happen. No it doesn’t tell you anything.
 
And let's not forget that the current Housing Secretary basically admitted to corruption not long ago.

Oh silly me. That's OK. It's only bad when someone from Labour does it.
Like Joe Anderson in Liverpool he seems a nice guy!!
 
Oh we’re doing guilt by association are we?



(Former Tory, but that doesn’t usually stop you)


Guess all Tories are perverted.

Ridiculous way to decide who to vote for. Yes there are dodgy councillors, in a population of several thousand that will happen. No it doesn’t tell you anything.


I would think corruption isn't acceptable at any level of Government.

Or by any individuals in any political party.

This is your post though.

I mean at its core it definitely is. Left wing views are left wing views. Wipe all the crap off and there’s just someone who wants higher wages, better working conditions, more home ownership and education for more people and no one left behind. It’s the incessant squabbling about the other 99% of politics that does us in these days.

I don't class these as left-wing values in any way, shape, or form.
 
Last edited:
This is your post though.



I don't class these as left-wing values in any way, shape, or form.

That would be the crap you’re wiping off.

You seem to have this childlike view of the world and think everyone acts according to some moral compass both publicly and privately. The world ain’t like that. Even superhero movies don’t pretend the world is as binary as you do.
 
That would be the crap you’re wiping off.

You seem to have this childlike view of the world and think everyone acts according to some moral compass both publicly and privately. The world ain’t like that. Even superhero movies don’t pretend the world is as binary as you do.

This one would be known as Kant's Categorical Imperative.

If we all acted like this as a society then we would all be screwed.

Bit of moral philosophy to help you out.
 
That would be the crap you’re wiping off.

You seem to have this childlike view of the world and think everyone acts according to some moral compass both publicly and privately. The world ain’t like that. Even superhero movies don’t pretend the world is as binary as you do.

Might be worth having a listen.

 
Also, there's alot of in Labour fighting isn't there .

Labour left v Labour centrists .

Needs sorting too , it's one party no ?

Yes and no.

It's affiliated to the Co-Operative party.
 
Had an 'Emma Harrison' posting in support of the conservative crime comissioner on my local facebook group. Stock photo for profile image and cover, friends list full of dodgy profiles and low and behold local tory boy Ryan Simpson. The bit of promotion posted by 'Emma' featured Ryan talking with the Tory crime commsioner candidate. I see you Ryan.
 
I'm struggling with these Coventry Labour values.

Is this what you mean by more home ownership?


Or higher wages?


You've had to go back to 2017. If you're looking for Tory sleaze you can break the Internet listing whats gone on this year.

⁷
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom