Do you want to discuss boring politics? (20 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

A bit of perspective here. 2015 was the first GE the Tories had won in more than 20 years. Post Brexit the entire country has been split almost exactly down the middle and the difference is mostly down to leaders and splitting of the vote.

In normal electoral times we’d be here just after the Tories had won a second term and crying about “the end of Labour” would be seen at the bed wetting/trolling it is.

I don't think it is quite as innocent as that.

Labour are a complete joke and it is their own doing.

Brighton Sky Blue

People vote for what they think is the less of two evils.

giphy.gif

clint van damme

I don't think it is quite as innocent as that.

Labour are a complete joke and it is their own doing.

But if you read the more recent pages of this thread no ones disputing it.
But pretty much every accusation, or something akin to it, can be thrown at tories but largely get ignored.

Reactions: PVA

shmmeee

But pretty much every accusation, or something akin to it, can be thrown at tories but largely get ignored.

They have their most charismatic leader since Thatcher who has delivered two of the biggest voter priorities with huge approval ratings in two years. I cannot state enough just how unprecedented this is in politics.

We are very much in “I could shoot someone in Times Square” territory.

Ian1779

It isn't at all, but the fact Labour keep consistently getting rejected by the electorate should show that there is a really, really big problem. Especially when the opposition are a bunch of cunts that those people probably don't really want to vote for either.
We’ve had 4 elections in 11 years, with a hugely divisive referendum added to the mix. We’ve got a voting system that is no longer fit for purpose, a media that does not and will not hold the incumbent government to any kind of scrutiny. Add to that a major political party that failed to uphold the very basic notion of respecting democracy at the last election and here you have this basket case. If this was another country in the world peoples how would we perceive it?
We are stuck with the Tories for the foreseeable future because they got one thing right. Labour needs to champion PR and mandatory open selection, and get about forming some kind of alliance that will work together as a collective.

clint van damme

They have their most charismatic leader since Thatcher who has delivered two of the biggest voter priorities with huge approval ratings in two years. I cannot state enough just how unprecedented this is in politics.

We are very much in “I could shoot someone in Times Square” territory.

As I've said before Netanyahu struggled in Israel despite leading the world in vaccinating the population.
Thats what happens when you have an electorate that actually give a fu k about corruption.

Reactions: PVA

shmmeee

We’ve had 4 elections in 11 years, with a hugely divisive referendum added to the mix. We’ve got a voting system that is no longer fit for purpose, a media that does not and will not hold the incumbent government to any kind of scrutiny. Add to that a major political party that failed to uphold the very basic notion of respecting democracy at the last election and here you have this basket case. If this was another country in the world peoples how would we perceive it?
We are stuck with the Tories for the foreseeable future because they got one thing right. Labour needs to champion PR and mandatory open selection, and get about forming some kind of alliance that will work together as a collective.

With you all the way until the last sentence. PR is a wild goose chase: you’ve got to win under FPTP first and voters couldn’t give a shit about it. Open selection would just turbo charge all the internal bollocks that holds Labour back. If anything we need more central management of candidates and less member involvement, as much as that’s blasphemy in the party.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think most people in the real world don't like either party very much. One is disliked more than the other and that's about it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Rejoin with the Lib Dems for a start

shmmeee

As I've said before Netanyahu struggled in Israel despite leading the world in vaccinating the population.
Thats what happens when you have an electorate that actually give a fu k about corruption.

Be honest though. It’s pretty lame corruption “oh I borrowed some money then paid it back for wallpaper”, hardly Netanyahu level is it?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

@Earlsdon_Skyblue1 id be interested in hearing more detail from you TBF. What makes them a joke in your eyes? Not here to argue, just curious.

I'm not a Tory lover, which is a common misconception a lot of Labour supporters who think I am because I don't agree with their opinion. I could list shit about them too, but as you asked, I think the biggest failure with Labour are their politicians. They aren't desirable to a lot of people.

Ian1779

With you all the way until the last sentence. PR is a wild goose chase: you’ve got to win under FPTP first and voters couldn’t give a shit about it. Open selection would just turbo charge all the internal bollocks that holds Labour back. If anything we need more central management of candidates and less member involvement, as much as that’s blasphemy in the party.
OK - but how do you get MP’s to be accountable? How many Labour MP’s are representative of the constituencies they hold. This careerist model which seems to exist is how we ended up with the ‘all as bad as each other’ notion. Peter Bone is my local MP - done fuck all for this constituency for as long as he’s been here, and yet will hold it until he retires or dies.

clint van damme

Be honest though. It’s pretty lame corruption “oh I borrowed some money then paid it back for wallpaper”, hardly Netanyahu level is it?

Track and trace 37 billion. (Your complaint goes to Dido Hardings husband)
Matt Hancocks locals landlord getting a multi million PPE contract.
Jenrick helping his mates back pocket 40 million in tax earmarked for one of London poorest boroughs.

Pretty lame corruption- nah.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm not a Tory lover, which is a common misconception a lot of Labour supporters who think I am because I don't agree with their opinion. I could list shit about them too, but as you asked, I think the biggest failure with Labour are their politicians. They aren't desirable to a lot of people.

Matt Hancock is about as undesirable as humanly possible.

Evo1883

One last thing , left right whatever .

Is there a bigger bellend on social media than Terry Christian, what a little wankstain

clint van damme

We could use both as political doorstops to tell you you've gone too far either way

At least Terry Christian isn't standing in an election.
Laurence Fox is everywhere, which is incredible considering he's been 'cancelled'!

I dont see binface everywhere and he's beating him in the polls!

fernandopartridge

I'm going to vote for the Labour candidate in my County Council elections if I bother at all.

One reason is due to the utterly disingenuous Tory candidate (incumbent) who is campaigning about housebuilding on green belt, she's not mentioned her party in government are seeking to make this sort of thing much easier for developers.

Not to mention that there is a monument in my local park, and the self serving cow has had her own name engraved on it as the benefactor.

Users who are viewing this thread