Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Do you want to discuss boring politics? (7 Viewers)

Does Keir Starmer? Does Jess Philips or Dawn Butler? Of course not ffs.

Do those three people steal taxpayers money and give it to their mates? No.

It’s a waste of time honestly. When Scotland leaves and the UK disintegrates I’ll at least have a choice I suppose
 
Does Keir Starmer? Does Jess Philips or Dawn Butler? Of course not ffs.

Do those three people steal taxpayers money and give it to their mates? No.

Dawn “babies are born without sex and all giraffes are gay and the police are racist” Butler? That Dawn Butler?
 
Does Keir Starmer? Does Jess Philips or Dawn Butler? Of course not ffs.

Do those three people steal taxpayers money and give it to their mates? No.

Jess Phillips spends half her time talking about how bad men are 🤣 .
Dawn butler did you say ? Unreal
 
Dawn “babies are born without sex and all giraffes are gay and the police are racist” Butler? That Dawn Butler?

giphy.gif
 
Exactly this.

Both also come across as zero charisma incompetent fools whenever they speak publicly, same for all of them minus Johnson who at least has a clown costume
 
It's fine for him to do it. Fine for anyone with a posh accent to say those sorts of things

Can you honestly not see how Johnson is popular? Seriously?

I thought we all knew cunts like this who everyone loves for no reason *cough* my sales director *cough*
 
Dawn “babies are born without sex and all giraffes are gay and the police are racist” Butler? That Dawn Butler?

But has she told Dave from Hartlepool that he's a useless lazy piece of shit like Evo thinks all Labour MPs have said?
 
But has she told Dave from Hartlepool that he's a useless lazy piece of shit like Evo thinks all Labour MPs have said?

She spends half her life on twitter telling everybody they are racist .

Nobody like her , she's part of the problem
 
The only thing I’m holding on to is the hope that there’s some kind of critical mass of left wing people fucked off with the screaming children that are the modern online left and we have some kind of Kinnock V Militant scenario where they all get kicked out or shut up, can’t see it though.

Can’t see a centrist party breaking through either. I worry it’ll be racists Vs snowflakes for good. Somethings got to give surely? The vast majority of people aren’t like either extreme.

I couldn’t care less about ‘woke’ bullshit I just want properly supported public services and for people to earn enough to live without welfare
 
Can you honestly not see how Johnson is popular? Seriously?

I thought we all knew cunts like this who everyone loves for no reason *cough* my sales director *cough*

Yes of course I can see why he's popular. He plays to the crowd and people love it.

What I can't understand is why people put all that ahead of actual ability to run the country and why him being a bit of a 'lad' excuses the corruption, the PPE scandal, 130k dead etc etc
 
I couldn’t care less about ‘woke’ bullshit I just want properly supported public services and for people to earn enough to live without welfare
Maybe Labour, and it's MPs should push their manifesto and their policies on social media more , alot more .
 
Look let's not talk wet here ...like i said before I used a foodbank under a LABOUR government , Labour lied , people died , Labour politicians are corrupt too , rich politicians with a different tie on , you think people can't see this ?

Let's be real now

Michael Gove criticised foodbank users and said its there own fault for mismanaging their finances.
It keeps coming back to the samepoint, the criticisms of Labour are totally valid but I still can't understand why that makes the tories a more attractive proposition.

Any way, scandalous that people have to use foodbanks no matter who the government is, glad you're back on your feet.

Been brassic myself in the past but at least the benefit system enabled us to feed ourselves (that was under a tory government!)
 
I actually think Jess Phillips would do OK. At least she comes off as pretty normal. Plus the meltdowns from both far right and far left Twitter would be glorious to behold.
 
Michael Gove criticised foodbank users and said its there own fault for mismanaging their finances.
It keeps coming back to the samepoint, the criticisms of Labour are totally valid but I still can't understand why that makes the tories a more attractive proposition.

Any way, scandalous that people have to use foodbanks no matter who the government is, glad you're back on your feet.

Been brassic myself in the past but at least the benefit system enabled us to feed ourselves (that was under a tory government!)

Lots of people think that though about people slightly worse off than them. You’ve got to believe it’s a moral failing because then you not having to do it is a moral virtue.

It’s why the “scrounger” stuff plays so well. I’ve got a mate who smokes an eighth a day and won’t vote Labour because they might legalise weed and “a lot of people can’t handle it”.

People are fucking nuts.
 
But you just said nobody cares about those?

They would if the politicians ever talked about them , rather than get themselves involved in every single social movement , appealing to every fringe group rather than the Majority of the country.
 

A while ago I put forward my personal policy preferences, mainly aimed at getting more cash into working people’s pockets. G said it was pointless as it wasn’t a vote winner and Evo says nobody reads the manifesto anyway.

So let’s just admit this is just a personality contest akin to Homer Simpson winning the election for ‘Garbage Commissioner’
 
They would if the politicians ever talked about them , rather than get themselves involved in every single social movement , appealing to every fringe group rather than the Majority of the country.

Sultana and Burgon do that but get called hard left loons
 
A while ago I put forward my personal policy preferences, mainly aimed at getting more cash into working people’s pockets. G said it was pointless as it wasn’t a vote winner and Evo says nobody reads the manifesto anyway.

So let’s just admit this is just a personality contest akin to Homer Simpson winning the election for ‘Garbage Commissioner’


Alot of people don't do they , even many Labour voters don't...like me most of the time , I'm proof of that
 
A while ago I put forward my personal policy preferences, mainly aimed at getting more cash into working people’s pockets. G said it was pointless as it wasn’t a vote winner and Evo says nobody reads the manifesto anyway.
That's the frustrating thing. We're back to the unanswered why do people vote Conservative again. Plenty of reasons not to vote Labour are given but any points about policy or anything against the Conservatives and its dismissed as something people aren't interested in.

Not sure I buy that people are paying attention to everything that Labour do but happily ignore anything the Conservatives do. That just seems a long winded way of saying 'voters are stupid' which isn't a route I'm keen to go down.

Don't buy the Labour out voters off by saying they're stupid argument either when you're got things like Rees-Mogg going on the radio saying the victims of Grenfell only had themselves to blame for lacking common sense.
 
I think people are getting a little carried away. These are strange times with the pandemic and politics can change very quickly. If Labour get rid of starmer after a year it would be crazy (same as if Tories try to push Johnson out - I can’t see an alternative election winning leader in waiting...although Gove probably thinks he is !) Elections are all about match ups, does a May beat Starmer, doubt it

Labour just need to be seen to be listening to their (historical) core base. If there isn’t much ‘levelling up’ in the North by the next election they can win a lot of this support back.

Also, Johnson has always got a fuck up in him so, as I say, things can change very quickly

Ps it will be interesting to see if the current independence polling in Scotland is reflected in Thursdays results.
 
Can you honestly not see how Johnson is popular? Seriously?

I thought we all knew cunts like this who everyone loves for no reason *cough* my sales director *cough*
tbf, he's also why Labour aren't dead. At some point he'll self destruct, and if they pick the wrong uncharismatic buffoon, then people won;t forgive what they do now.

(Of course, each time I think we can't get a worse Tory PM, we do...!)
 
Alot of people don't do they , even many Labour voters don't...like me most of the time , I'm proof of that

So why would hammering home the manifesto promises be a good idea?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom