Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (11 Viewers)

Evo1883

And I've just tested negative again , despite being a round my missus everyday kissing and cuddling , and despite cuddling my poorly daughter all day last Tuesday when she had it but didn't know yet

Grendel

Nah, it's actually a very positive statistic if cases are high, but hospitalisations are low, as it shows vaccines are indeed working... and holding up.

It gives a base to compare to down the line.

surely a lot tested though are not vaccinated now.

jimmyhillsfanclub

No if anything they've caught it off me as I had a horrendous cough and cold but kept testing negative 🙃

Wasn't aimed at you Evo (or anyone really).....i've just started noticing more comments, remarks & a bit of finger pointing generally with regards cases & kids.....

Evo1883

This would mean that from the 11 lateral flow tests done in our household between daughter and missus , only 4 were correct , and that will be even less if I test positive on my PCR that I'm going for tonight

Missus tested negative again just now 🤣🤣🤣 different batch too

Sorry for going on , but its pissed me and the missus off somewhat as we've been around people and the missus went to work on the Friday in a care home as per government guidelines despite being positive but showing negative

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Higher testing rates compared to other European countries is as simple as yet again we’re the Covid epicentre of Europe. More people presenting symptoms equals more people testing equals more people coming into direct contact with people who’ve tested positive equals more people testing.

Astute

Lets not start pinning all the cases on schools again......schools have already been back for 6 weeks with no real noticeable uptick despite the additional testing within those environments...

31/08/21 versus 30/09/21

7 day average cases: 36K v 32K
7 day average tests: 913K v 867K
7 day avergage deaths: 120 v 105.
And not let us ignore possible cases from children being at school.

My children in France have to wear face masks all day at school. The French numbers were much higher than ours. You also have to wear a mask to go into shops or are not allowed in. If you want to eat or drink anywhere you have to have an app. Pass sanitaire. To have it you must be double vaccinated, tested within the last 3 days or recently had Covid. Their numbers average about 4,000 a day.

To me all they do reduces the numbers. Opening schools without proper precautions adds to the risk. Being able to mingle without any kind of proof of anything adds to the risk. Added risk=added cases.

Or would anyone like to say that added risk doesn't add up to added cases?

David O'Day

This would mean that from the 11 lateral flow tests done in our household between daughter and missus , only 4 were correct , and that will be even less if I test positive on my PCR that I'm going for tonight

Missus tested negative again just now 🤣🤣🤣 different batch too

Sorry for going on , but its pissed me and the missus off somewhat as we've been around people and the missus went to work on the Friday in a care home as per government guidelines despite being positive but showing negative

Oxford and Porton Down testing does show that self administered LFT can be as little as 58% accurate though

shmmeee

Higher testing rates compared to other European countries is as simple as yet again we’re the Covid epicentre of Europe. More people presenting symptoms equals more people testing equals more people coming into direct contact with people who’ve tested positive equals more people testing.

It’s all Evo and his family from the sounds of it!

Sick Boy

And not let us ignore possible cases from children being at school.

My children in France have to wear face masks all day at school. The French numbers were much higher than ours. You also have to wear a mask to go into shops or are not allowed in. If you want to eat or drink anywhere you have to have an app. Pass sanitaire. To have it you must be double vaccinated, tested within the last 3 days or recently had Covid. Their numbers average about 4,000 a day.

To me all they do reduces the numbers. Opening schools without proper precautions adds to the risk. Being able to mingle without any kind of proof of anything adds to the risk. Added risk=added cases.

Or would anyone like to say that added risk doesn't add up to added cases?
It’s the same situation in Italy and they’re about to roll it out to workplaces. From my own experience, only around a third of bars and restaurants are actually checking them. Go outside of the tourist areas and they’re not being checked.

Grendel

It’s the same situation in Italy and they’re about to roll it out to workplaces. From my own experience, only around a third of bars and restaurants are actually checking them. Go outside of the tourist areas and they’re not being checked.

France as of today have 7,000 in hospital so it’s safe to say their reported daily number of cases is not very accurate

Astute

Everywhere I went asked to see the pass sanitaire. You even need it to eat or drink outside. It is massive fines if caught not asking for it. I think it is even prison for repeat offenders.

skybluetony176

Quite a legacy of incompetence Johnson is building

Was never going to be any other way. Not just with Covid but in every area of government and governance. A buffoon leading imbeciles of a government.

Sky Blue Pete

Have you heard the government's response? The brass neck of these fuckers, they saved 1000's of lives apparently.
Both are true. Lives were lost unnecessarily mainly down to government inaction and confusion and many were saved through learning lessons and acting. Both are true. Johnson and Hancock would have hung in years gone by for the old people’s homes in isolation

Last edited:

PVA

Legging it out of the country knowing full well a report detailing how he sent people to an early grave was coming out. Boris ladddd!!!

But but Labour/Corbyn!
But but he's trying his best!
But but he nearly died you know!

The bloke literally has the blood of thousands on his hands. How can anyone support him?

Sky Blue Pete

Legging it out of the country knowing full well a report detailing how he sent people to an early grave was coming out. Boris ladddd!!!

But but Labour/Corbyn!
But but he's trying his best!
But but he nearly died you know!

The bloke literally has the blood of thousands on his hands. How can anyone support him?
Because of who he’s not just wow

Evo1883

Because of who he’s not just wow

giphy.gif

skybluetony176

I think James O’Brien has summed it up perfectly. The insistence that he has done his best as a line of defence for him is the worst condemnation of all. He’s wholly inadequate, as his best shows. Literally anyone bar Trump and that nut case from Brazil could have done better.

skybluetony176

Have you heard the government's response? The brass neck of these fuckers, they saved 1000's of lives apparently.

Have they ever actually published the science that they were following? I know the question has been asked repeatedly for them to publish the science over the course of the pandemic but only recall them refusing to do it, don’t recall them actually doing it.

PVA

I think James O’Brien has summed it up perfectly. The insistence that he has done his best as a line of defence for him is the worst condemnation of all. He’s wholly inadequate, as his best shows. Literally anyone bar Trump and that nut case from Brazil could have done better.

'He was just doing his best' is what you say about a 6 year old kid trying something for the first time. It's not what you say about the Prime Minister.

And if he really was doing his best then clearly he is unfit for office. If we wasn't doing his best, which seems more likely, then that also makes him unfit for office.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Both are true. Lives were lost unnecessarily mainly down to government inaction and confusion and many were safer through learning lessons and acting. Both are true. Johnson and Hancock would have hung in years gone by for the old people’s homes in isolation

Maybe, but saving a few thousand lives against being responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands still puts you at quite a deficit.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Apart from possibly Priti Patel who would have had a policy to infect everyone non-British arriving in the country to try and put off immigrants and asylum seekers.

Sky Blue Pete

Have they ever actually published the science that they were following? I know the question has been asked repeatedly for them to publish the science over the course of the pandemic but only recall them refusing to do it, don’t recall them actually doing it.

Never understand why an apology is often the hardest word. Madness for me

Users who are viewing this thread