Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics)

Skybluefaz

Aug 1, 2011
Coventry
This is reminding me of when my daughter tries to give me a legit reason for not eating her carrots "It's too orangey".

Bello

Jul 4, 2013
Do you ever get past the thinking and wondering stage and have a thought or an insight? Or is it perpetual mystification?
Perpetual mystification Shmee. You're the one who said "The wisest man blah blah blah..." didn't you?
So there’s little to support a conspiracy in that case they want to bung vaccines into people for financial gain.
What conspiracy?

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Even if we ran with that, financial gain wouldn't involve killing people off, so at worst a vaccine would be a placebo, and no threat to people.
I do think Pzizer in trying to push the 4 week rule is an example of profit as is jabbing under 16’s but there’s no question it isn’t effective and without vaccines wed be in real trouble

Bello

Jul 4, 2013
I do think Pzizer in trying to push the 4 week rule is an example of profit as is jabbing under 16’s but there’s no question it isn’t effective and without vaccines wed be in real trouble
You COULD well be right Grendel.

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy
But I wouldn't say there's "no question" just yet, would you?
So how do you explain the relatively low death numbers compared to cases, if it isn’t the vaccine having an impact? Why were we seeing up to 1000 daily deaths in European countries?

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013
The short gap between Pfizer was as much what they'd tested for, so it was a massive gamble to move further out and become a live trial, really. As it happens, that was proved right and a longer gap between jabs was fine, but I fully understand why they said it wasn't, with zero evidence to say otherwise!

Reactions: Sick Boy

Bello

Jul 4, 2013
Hell of a coincidence that deaths dropped with vaccine uptake then.
You need to go back and read the other posts Shmee:
CDC anounces you’re not counted as fully vaccinated until a full 14 days have passed since your second injection in the case of Pfizer or Moderna, or 14 days after your first dose of Janssen, despite the fact that over 80% of deaths after the vaccines occur in this window.

This means that the 'count' is being manipulated.

• Haha
Reactions: Rich74 and shmmeee

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013
CDC anounces you’re not counted as fully vaccinated until a full 14 days have passed since your second injection in the case of Pfizer or Moderna, or 14 days after your first dose of Janssen, despite the fact that over 80% of deaths after the vaccines occur in this window.

Your logic is incredibly backwards, and it's coming from a fixed pre-disposition of scepticism.

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Funnily enough you’ve misunderstood my point. The death rate dropped by age group in like with vaccination roll out. In fact your point about 14 days for vaccines to be fully effective is right and why we know it’s saving lives.

As for number fixing, you know we have basic statistical methods to detect this quite reliably right? It’s how we know Russia’s numbers are bullshit for example. Or are the statisticians in on it as well?

How deep does this go Bella? My GF was part of an antibody study, should I be wary?

Bello

Jul 4, 2013
So how do you explain the relatively low death numbers compared to cases, if it isn’t the vaccine having an impact? Why were we seeing up to 1000 daily deaths in European countries?
I posted the other day a quote from a now famously discredited Professor who said "As we prevent three deaths by vaccinating, we incur two deaths. Maybe he was right. Not saying he is, but it's food for thought.

Bello

Jul 4, 2013
So, NONE of you have any questions regarding the safety of the vaccines then? Everything's hunky dory?
Okay.

Enjoy the game tonight.
PUSB

skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013
So, NONE of you have any questions regarding the safety of the vaccines then? Everything's hunky dory?
Okay.

Enjoy the game tonight.
PUSB
This should be good. Tell us then why you shouldn’t have the vaccine for safety reasons.

chiefdave

Sep 27, 2008
Coventry
Okay.
There's been plenty of questioning of the various vaccines and vaccination programs on this thread but most people look at the evidence, listen to the experts and see that the benefit, both to themselves as an individual and the wider population, far outweighs the risk.

David O'Day

Feb 28, 2015
Okay.

Enjoy the game tonight.
PUSB
Had 2 doses kid, i'm fine

David O'Day

Feb 28, 2015

No it just counts as the vaccine takes around 14 days to build up your bodies defense levels.

Are you going to prove to use that basic vaccine dating back to Edward Jenner is wrong? Where is the studies that show that? you like to talk about facts?

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
As I said, it is down to information really, and the fact that we are still in the early stages. It is unique this pandemic and the vaccine is new.

I follow your school of thought and I would assume that is correct, it seems what G posted is along those lines at least.

I think more to the point - why do I have to go on a CCFC forum to try and get that information. If this information is correct then it needs to be put out there. It will really help with the uptake in those people who are in the age ranges were the vaccine and pandemic doesn't particularly affect them otherwise.
It is out there and it’s in the peer reviewed literature if you want to dig into it.

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
Okay.

Enjoy the game tonight.
PUSB
I know of someone who suffered a serious medical condition recently which has been attributed to the vacinne and there is a poster on here who suffered issue which were attributed it so its not risk free.

However, the risks are very small compared to catching covid, I know of plenty who have died or who are suffering from long covid.

The stats convincingly stack up in favour of getting the jab.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
Just discovered one of the Canley lads I hung around with way back has gone to this over the weekend.
Lively boy was Jimmy.
Obviously a sky-blue.

• Sad
Reactions: Sky Blue Pete

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry
Didnt think this would still be going. As it is, question.

Anyone eligible for jab 3, are you doing it?

As it stands for me, i wont. On the basis of

A) Its the same jab I've had 2 of. If it was this modified jab to protect more from the delta variant then maybe, but why do i need 3 of the same jab within 9 months? If I'm not protected enough by 2 then you've got to ask really whats the fucking point surely?

B) strangely, i know of 3 people who have been double jabbed and have recently been ill as fuck with COVID,not hospitalised but bedridden for a week. Yet the other 2 i know who caught it that hadnt been jabbed, had nothing more than a sniffle and snore throat for 2 or 3 days.

Im snookered as to what apparent benefit there is. Am i a moron?

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

A) Its the same jab I've had 2 of. If it was this modified jab to protect more from the delta variant then maybe, but why do i need 3 of the same jab within 9 months? If I'm not protected enough by 2 then you've got to ask really whats the fucking point surely?

B) strangely, i know of 3 people who have been double jabbed and have recently been ill as fuck with COVID,not hospitalised but bedridden for a week. Yet the other 2 i know who caught it that hadnt been jabbed, had nothing more than a sniffle and snore throat for 2 or 3 days.

I will have a booster jab without question

Sky Blue Pete

Nov 24, 2012

Absolutely not!!! It’s called something in science where your personal experience is outside of the facts presented more widely. That’s not moronic. A moron decides based on 4 examples to ignore the facts and posts moronic posts claiming those public health experts who live their lives to improve public health have an ulterior motive

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013
but why do i need 3 of the same jab within 9 months?
It's to top up your immune system. The vaccine will naturally wane in its effectiveness. That won't be instant, so if you don't hit up a third jab straight away, it won't be much of an issue, but there will be a time when it doesn't really have any effect.

Much like the flu jab, that's administered annually.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
It's to top up your immune system. The vaccine will naturally wane in its effectiveness. That won't be instant, so if you don't hit up a third jab straight away, it won't be much of an issue, but there will be a time when it doesn't really have any effect.

Yet the scientific who developed AZ and Pascal Soirot said that they thought it unnecessary after the antibody study.
Think there is some data suggesting mixing AZ and Pfizer.

skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013

I thought the booster is a different jab to what you had the first time? All the vaccines work slightly different from each other so it’s not just increasing the quantity of what you already have in your armoury it’s about increasing the amount of tools in your armoury.

I think we all know people who have caught it after being vaccinated, I actually know someone who just caught it for the second time having caught it right at the start and have since been double jabbed. Shit happens and like all vaccines none of them have guaranteed 100% efficacy and some people’s immune systems don’t hold on the cells from the vaccine as well as others. The latter being reason enough to get the booster.

There’s also the seatbelt analogy. Just because people are getting injured or killed while wearing a seatbelt in a car crash it doesn’t mean seatbelts don’t work. The fact is only about 10% of the population aren’t seatbelt compliant but the account for about a third of all RTA deaths. Same principle for the vaccine. The majority of the adult population is now vaccinated so it stands to reason that the majority of people catching it are vaccinated. I haven’t seen the data but I’d be willing to bet that the majority of people getting seriously ill or dying are unvaccinated.

Reactions: Saddlebrains

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013
Yet the scientific who developed AZ and Pascal Soirot said that they thought it unnecessary after the antibody study.
Think there is some data suggesting mixing AZ and Pfizer.
Well... AZ's position was they wanted to hold off, to gather data as to when and if, exactly, a booster would be needed, as we don't have any data on that as it hasn't been tested in the real world.

It's not unreasonable, tbf. Politically, that's a tough sell however, as whenever you get the data, by definition you're late!

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry

Fair shout. Im due the flu jab, will take that one, earliest I'd be eligible for jab 3 would be end of Nov start of Dec so spose il see the lay of the land then and how we are