Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (7 Viewers)

hill83

I’ve been registered in Holbrooks despite living in Finham/Earlsdon for the last three years because it was impossible to manage registering elsewhere and I just gave up. Moving to Bedduth tomorrow and will probably just keep it there. Should be much easier to change GP.

Needs to be online. They are dipping their toe into it with online bookings etc but the whole thing needs an overhaul. The Covid vaccine stuff has shown it can be done.

Brighton Sky Blue

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Hardly anyone has died of the virus under 50 though and one dose diminishes hospitalisation dramatically

Last summer also for whatever reason there was no obvious immediate spread due to the packed beaches etc.

There has to be a cut off point or a lot of unrest will occur. I’m sure some will wear masks anyway. Personally as soon as I don’t have to I won’t

You are absolutely correct, but you can't reason with him sadly.

Skybluefaz

I picked up registration documents for my local doctors surgery today having not been to green lane medical centre for about 20 years I'd guess. Tried to ring them up to get my NHS number, fucking close early on a Thursday.
You can find it online if you know your postcode from when you were signed up to the doctors surgery.
Use the above then download the NHS app register and verify your identity and they email you your NHS number. I'm 37 in a couple of weeks and want to get in on the vaccine fun ASAP. Probably should just be registered to your local Docs to I suppose.

NorthernWisdom

I’ve been registered in Holbrooks despite living in Finham/Earlsdon for the last three years because it was impossible to manage registering elsewhere and I just gave up. Moving to Bedduth tomorrow and will probably just keep it there. Should be much easier to change GP.
Yeah, mine is still where I moved from, partly because they're actually pretty good. A pandemic has made it a bloody nuisance to get prescriptions etc mind you!

NorthernWisdom

You were the one that launched a barrage of abuse at me because I didn't share your opinion, only then to block me.

I'm happy to call it a truce with you, but that also entails you not taking snipes at me.
Nope, you started it you utter c**t, and you *still* can't see why, and try to paint yourself as victim now. I fail to believe anybody can be so stupid as to not understand why I'm calling you a c**t, especially as it's been spelled out (not by me!)

Now fuck off, until you actually accept that you may just be contributing to mental health issues yourself. I blocked you for my own health, and I really shouldn't give people a chance to prove me wrong by unignoring.

And that's you. *Not* Grendel, who is (bafflingly!) always polite with me at least (if not half this board!)

Brighton Sky Blue

Hardly anyone has died of the virus under 50 though and one dose diminishes hospitalisation dramatically

Last summer also for whatever reason there was no obvious immediate spread due to the packed beaches etc.

There has to be a cut off point or a lot of unrest will occur. I’m sure some will wear masks anyway. Personally as soon as I don’t have to I won’t

Because everyone was outside in hot sun so transmission would be minimal. Agree on masks

David O'Day

tbf, asymptomatic *does* reduce spread, doesn't it?

No one knows, it's still a threat and the attitude that it's not a problem like Schmee has is dangerous as we remove virus supressing measures.

If everyone thinks that because they have had 1 jab there is no longer a problem then we will have a problem especially as we are heading towards indoor hospitality and then the removal of social distancing.

skybluetony176

I’m curious. How many deaths under 50 aren’t many? Who defines what not many is? How many people under 50 have caught it and are suffering life changing effects of having caught it? How many have caught it and passed it on to older people who have died from it or suffered life changing effects of having caught it?

I ask because I personally know/knew 2 people under 50 who have died from it, both pretty average guys when it comes to general health, both with children of school going age, both with widows. I also know someone under 50 who got it and got over it pretty much, his 26 year old son however wasn’t as lucky and has suffered life changing effects from the virus. I also have a mate who’s 94 year old grandmother kicked it’s ass when she got it. Maybe I’m just unlucky in knowing 2 of not many people. They were still someone’s son, husband and father though. Not sure what makes their life expendable because the I’m alright Jack crew has labelled them hardly any.

Brighton Sky Blue

No one knows, it's still a threat and the attitude that it's not a problem like Schmee has is dangerous as we remove virus supressing measures.

If everyone thinks that because they have had 1 jab there is no longer a problem then we will have a problem especially as we are heading towards indoor hospitality and then the removal of social distancing.

If you bothered to look at the study I showed you (of which more exist), 25% less infectious is significant. Plus it’s biologically intuitive given such people tend to carry lower viral loads

David O'Day

And they're less likely to pass it to people by coughing in peoples' faces, too!

Also with Asympthomatic transmission you have to take into account the scenario where it can increase transmissions. Once you remove all suppression measures you have a decent sized number of people who are infectious but don't know it spreading it to people who take far less precautions because they think they are immune.

NorthernWisdom

Also with Asympthomatic transmission you have to take into account the scenario where it can increase transmissions. Once you remove all suppression measures you have a decent sized number of people who are infectious but don't know it spreading it to people who take far less precautions because they think they are immune.
Well that's true on a psychological level. It's safe to say that medically, asymptomatic reduces spread. The issue is of course as you say, and also the fact if people are coming into contact with more people, then spread would increase in that way to compensate.

Which, of course, if older people are vaccinated would protect them to a certain extent, but it's still imperfect, so there's still a certain %age who would be vulnerable to catching Covid anyway, which poses a risk if people are going about completely unfettered before everybody has had the opportunity to be vaccinated. 85% vs 85% is a lot better than 85% vs 0% after all. And, of course, groups that have lower rates of hospitalisation may have a lower %age, but if *everybody* is exposed, then in absolute numbers, that can bump the load on a health system.

It's also safe to say voluntary measures don't work. The old dear who's been at home for 15 months dutifully masking up is of no benefit to me or others, whatsoever. It's the Laurence Foxes of this world who are the issue. And, of course, they'll always decide they know best, but I want the odds in my favour when I *have* to meet them!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Nope, you started it you utter c**t, and you *still* can't see why, and try to paint yourself as victim now. I fail to believe anybody can be so stupid as to not understand why I'm calling you a c**t, especially as it's been spelled out (not by me!)

Now fuck off, until you actually accept that you may just be contributing to mental health issues yourself. I blocked you for my own health, and I really shouldn't give people a chance to prove me wrong by unignoring.

And that's you. *Not* Grendel, who is (bafflingly!) always polite with me at least (if not half this board!)

You've called me a c**t three times today already, as well as stupid, and you have also told me to fuck off twice. I find it slightly bizarre that you are trying to behave as if you are on the moral high ground.

My contribution was far from as ghastly as you make out, yet you act as if I'm some sort of monster. You also still take snipes at me by quoting through other people, and you then made light of my own condition which I opened up about on here - hardly a victim yourself are you?

People have different opinions regarding Covid, I have maintained all along that people should do right by them and I won't judge someone if they want to have a small gathering in the garden, and I won't judge someone if they want to close their door to the outside world for longer than I personally would. I have also taken an active step to message and offer support to people on the mental health thread who have come forward and said they have been struggling.

All I really said previously was that there were *some* people who were taking advantage of the situation to shame others into various things. Given that a survey has since been released claiming that a chunk of the population have enjoyed lockdown, one would be forgiven for coming to the conclusion that they might be happy in the current state of council, or perhaps bully others into their way of thinking. 'You're killing granny' being the optimum phrase. You don't like my opinion, that is absolutely fine, but your behaviour on this board in response to it is frankly embarrassing.

Block me if you want, I'll happily leave you alone, but as I said, a truce comes from both sides. Don't take pot shots at me on other threads and then get all upset when I do it back to you.

NorthernWisdom

My contribution was far from as ghastly as you make out, yet you act as if I'm some sort of monster. You also still take snipes at me by quoting through other people, and you then made light of my own condition which I opened up about on here - hardly a victim yourself are you?
I haven't made light of your condition you absolute dickhead, I've said how would it be if I'd popped on the mental health thread and behaved as you've done.

Absolutely reprehensible it would be, that's what.

And that's why you're a c**t.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I haven't made light of your condition you absolute dickhead, I've said how would it be if I'd popped on the mental health thread and behaved as you've done.

Absolutely reprehensible it would be, that's what.

And that's why you're a c**t.

No, you are scraping the barrel and trying to insinuate that I have been attacking people with mental health conditions because my point of view differs from yours, when in actual fact I have done my best on this forum to try and support people for the most part.

I said 'some people love the lockdown and want to impose stronger measures on others', which does have some legs, but is still just my opinion which you have seemingly failed at counter-arguing without screaming and shouting like a five year old. The fact you want to have me burned in public for a quite tame point of view is more of a of a picture of you than it is of me.

If this conversation is genuinely affecting you then let's just leave it.

wingy

Some where in all this it seems forgotten that alongside the efficacy measure transmission is reduced by roughly equivalent %.

Brighton Sky Blue

No, you are scraping the barrel and trying to insinuate that I have been attacking people with mental health conditions because my point of view differs from yours, when in actual fact I have done my best on this forum to try and support people for the most part.

I said 'some people love the lockdown and want to impose stronger measures on others', which does have some legs, but is still just my opinion which you have seemingly failed at counter-arguing without screaming and shouting like a five year old. The fact you want to have me burned in public for a quite tame point of view is more of a of a picture of you than it is of me.

If this conversation is genuinely affecting you then let's just leave it.

Who loves lockdown in all seriousness?

hill83

Choice of vaccines for under 40s now. I’ll be swerving AZ if I can. I know the risk is low but if I can why not? I’m a gambler and the risk of clots from AZ is higher than the risk of serious illness from Covid at my age. Mental not to given the choice. I’d take a Stella over a Carling.

xcraigx

I had the AZ on Thursday morning. I felt perfectly fine until 6pm and since then I've gradually felt worse. Sporadic uncontrollable shaking and feeling bitterly cold whilst doing so. The house is like an oven and usually I would be shirtless but got a shirt, jumper and coat on too. Also got a sick feeling, slight headache and total lethargy though when I try to sleep I'm not tired. Hopefully it'll pass quickly. The wife is suffering the same but she has managed to nod off so my headache may now clear a little quicker.

Brighton Sky Blue

Choice of vaccines for under 40s now. I’ll be swerving AZ if I can. I know the risk is low but if I can why not? I’m a gambler and the risk of clots from AZ is higher than the risk of serious illness from Covid at my age. Mental not to given the choice. I’d take a Stella over a Carling.

The risk isn’t just low it’s close to zero

clint van damme

Thats from he first lock down though.
Paid to stay at home during a hot summer, of course people were going t enjoy it.

I think the second lockdown was a far worse experience for a lot of people, Icertainly found it tougher going.

I also don't think you should conflate this with people who have genuine concerns about the easing of restrictions due to a fear of the virus.

People have had covid horror stories morning noon and nightmare over year. Its going to affect people.

Users who are viewing this thread