Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I’d imagine this weekend will be fine.

But once the cases escalate then there is a serious possibility the season will be decided in alternative ways or even voided.

Imagine if they tried to "void" it after so many games played.

Magwitch

I'm still going.

To be honest, if they are still going to school and everything there's always a chance they will be exposed to it.

Am I Imagining it or was there a thing back in the day where if somebody had chicken pox then people all took their kids round to get them to catch it early on?
That did happen, used to be known as measle parties, don’t know if it was an old wives tale or not then there was German measles(rubella) for young girls as it is linked to problems for pregnent ladies, also Whooping cough for boys but thankfully vaccination have replaced that.

AFCCOVENTRY

The most likely scenario is to delays games into May/June. Start of 20/21 season pushed back to Sep.

it will be a legal nightmare if they void games here.

Johhny Blue

Yup. Only way really is to suspend games for maybe two weeks, or play behind closed doors.

That would benefit Sunderland though, because then they wouldn't have 20,000 fans screaming at them all game.
Do they have doors in Sunderland?

Johhny Blue

For the first time the Mrs asked me to not go to the game Saturday as I was taking both kids. My first thought was ... back off scouser....don’t ruin my fun because you’re unhappy about the reds winning the PL. But then after a bit of thought... I am wondering if I want my kids exposed to it!!! It’s probably already in the thread but is anyone else starting to have thoughts about attendance
I think they’re only worried about BIG crowds. We’ll be ok

Johhny Blue

That did happen, used to be known as measle parties, don’t know if it was an old wives tale or not then there was German measles(rubella) for young girls as it is linked to problems for pregnent ladies, also Whooping cough for boys but thankfully vaccination have replaced that.
Is that like the clap parties in Leicester?

Otis

For the first time the Mrs asked me to not go to the game Saturday as I was taking both kids. My first thought was ... back off scouser....don’t ruin my fun because you’re unhappy about the reds winning the PL. But then after a bit of thought... I am wondering if I want my kids exposed to it!!! It’s probably already in the thread but is anyone else starting to have thoughts about attendance
I would say, unless there is a
massive spike in cases, go.

It would have to be huge and there be another official statement advising people not to congregate before I would consider it.

Covkid1968#

Is that like the clap parties in Leicester?
No completely different.....the chicken pox and measles parties were usually held with kids from school or kids of friends rather than your immediate family members.

Grendel

Could put our game on Saturday in doubt. Only needs one player to be confirmed, or any club official having had any contact with anyone carrying.

Soon be a domino effect I think.

Fingers crossed this isn't the case, but it seems inevitable that games will get postponed.

Arsenal brighton set to go ahead on Saturday

jordan210

I don't see how you could just void the league.

Think of the money, contracts and legal what would happen. Would team have to give back TV and sponsorship money for unplayed games.

Would the FA/EFL refund all its sponsors and TV companies

Players put on automatic 1 year extensions. Players give back bonuses.

Easiest way would be to come up with some sort of decision using data from the last x amount of games and current positions. But like this

League One Predictions

Bertola

They’re backdating their self isolation apparently. Not sure how that works.

That's common practice. A friend in Oslo found out he'd shared a flight with someone from Copenhagen who had tested positive, and they had to isolate for 14 days backdated from the date of the flight

OffenhamSkyBlue

Yeah but think the logic is because it was not everyone and it was 11 days ago so if the isol8ones get to 14 days with no symptoms then they haven't got it and the won't have passed it on.
The ridiculousness of this has now been exemplified by all the Olympiakos players being confirmed NEGATIVE for coronavirus. The likelihood of them having had prolonged close contact with their own club's owner is rather higher than a casual handshake or fleeting nod to the Arsenal players.

wingy

The ridiculousness of this has now been exemplified by all the Olympiakos players being confirmed NEGATIVE for coronavirus. The likelihood of them having had prolonged close contact with their own club's owner is rather higher than a casual handshake or fleeting nod to the Arsenal players.
Then Wolves will have to play them won't they .

David O'Day

Aren't the only ones to isolate those who met the owner?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

CCFC88

If it continues to escalate the most sensible thing surely is to postpone the domestic leagues by a month or so and push the Euros to 2021, first game is due to be in Rome and they'll be hard pushed to host that.

Plus it gives us time to get Kane and Rashford fit

wingy

My mate was telling me that Dabo pisses in the pool at the David Lloyd every time hes there and then holds Robbins head under the water. Wouldn't surprise me if Robbins catches it now
More likely to make him immune.

David O'Day

If it continues to escalate the most sensible thing surely is to postpone the domestic leagues by a month or so and push the Euros to 2021, first game is due to be in Rome and they'll be hard pushed to host that.

Plus it gives us time to get Kane and Rashford fit
No

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

It’s actually a really worry how the season will end now. The threat is real now here and it’s inevitable.
It’s inevitable that the season will be paused and that it will end either with all games played or some not played and promotion and relegation will be done fairly

BornSlippySkyBlue

It’s inevitable that the season will be paused and that it will end either with all games played or some not played and promotion and relegation will be done fairly
I think behind closed doors is most likely first step. Already been discussed i believe and is likely to form part of the ‘social distancing’ measures that are imminent. Perhaps odd games postponed while players / staff in isolation.

After that it may depend on teams being able to fulfil fixtures? If they can play behind closed doors for a while and hope it calms down enough to end the season (with or without fans present).

If worse case scenarios play out they will change it again and start looking at other outcomes. Just my opinion.

skybluesam66

if they come up with an outcome whereby the season is cancelled, and we just start again , I think I am done with football

I can see the big boys in the premier league wanting to look after themselves though, so awarding titles and European spots at the top, but no relegation at the bottom

steve cooper

If we are more than 3 points ahead of second I’d be pissed if we were forced to play a playoff game for the title.
I didn't read it like that. Obviously there is no promotion from Serie A so it's just the top spot they are talking about, it could only involve the top 2 or at the outside the top 4 clubs I would assume, otherwise it would involve too many games and to some extent defeat the purpose.
If they did that to L1 here it would have to include at least 6 teams, and possibly 8 if today's table were the final one, with 3 teams promoted. That would take too many games. I think the FL will carry on as long as possible as we are, then go to games behind closed doors for as long as possible, then delay the end of season until all games have been played. After all there is no point in starting a new season in August / September if we still can't play games by then.

Users who are viewing this thread