Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (15 Viewers)

Magwitch

So if this season is abandoned and starts from scratch next season, will Bolton start on 0 points and will Bury apply to be reinstated?

This will not happen,

I can’t see the EFL or the Prem acting in isolation re this, they will only act on Government orders and recommendations
It isn’t just football, other spectator and gatherings sports, racing, cinemas, theatres etc,etc. would have to do the same. There’s a possibility of a two or three week suspension but imo that will be it,

steve cooper

They've repealed the corn laws
I think the point is, we will new get a better idea on what the football league's thinking is when someone from a club is tested positive. Some of the team met with him on friday, so I assume they will have to go into quarantine. Their games will then need to be postponed I assume or will they still be expected to field a team?

David O'Day

I think the point is, we will new get a better idea on what the football league's thinking is when someone from a club is tested positive. Some of the team met with him on friday, so I assume they will have to go into quarantine. Their games will then need to be postponed I assume or will they still be expected to field a team?
It was more a comment on how many times someone has said that on this thread already.

Otis

Could put our game on Saturday in doubt. Only needs one player to be confirmed, or any club official having had any contact with anyone carrying.

Soon be a domino effect I think.

Fingers crossed this isn't the case, but it seems inevitable that games will get postponed.

Otis

I just wonder if there might possibly be any club in the likes of this league that may exploit the situation.

If they have a bit of a injury crisis, surely it's easy to say you have a number of players who need to self-isolate and therefore then have a couple of games postponed by the league.

The potential is there surely isn't it?

David O'Day

Which surely means Arsenal's game on Saturday will be off too. If they have players self-isolating, that will be for at least 7 days.

Expect to hear of more soon.
It ends of Friday because of the it was 11 days ago they met him

David O'Day

Tricky one cos if they do they will then have a fixture pile up
Yeah but think the logic is because it was not everyone and it was 11 days ago so if the isol8ones get to 14 days with no symptoms then they haven't got it and the won't have passed it on.

Flying Fokker

I just wonder if there might possibly be any club in the likes of this league that may exploit the situation.

If they have a bit of a injury crisis, surely it's easy to say you have a number of players who need to self-isolate and therefore then have a couple of games postponed by the league.

The potential is there surely isn't it?
The Accrington Stanley Owner for example. This was buried in another thread a couple of days ago. I do wonder if these threads need to be isolated when there are too many posts on them!

Mcbean

Can you imagine if they decided to use a pools panel type process to decide the results - at least we would be top of the form guide but Sunderland would have another 40 years of grudge to deal with !

RegTheDonk

Hopefully we'll be able to get a couple more games under our belts before things really get mental. The less games to play the more likely it is they just call the season there. Worst possible scenario for us is the teams in tight relegation battles kicking off if they're automatically relegated with 10 games to play. Could come down to who can hire the best lawyers out of Leeds/West Brom and Villa/Bournemouth/Norwich.
And us of course. The EFL won't want a court battering surely.

They need a contingency plan announcing, so everyone knows a possible outcome and can plan. If there is still a desire to play Euro2020 next year, that would probably enable a mini break in our leagues. If not, would hope all games not played count as draws would be fair.

Otis

And us of course. The EFL won't want a court battering surely.

They need a contingency plan announcing, so everyone knows a possible outcome and can plan. If there is still a desire to play Euro2020 next year, that would probably enable a mini break in our leagues. If not, would hope all games not played count as draws would be fair.
While the teams that do play and keep winning, keep getting 3 points to the other teams' 1?

Can't see how that is fair, Reg.

AFCCOVENTRY

Go into isolation for 14 days as a number of players met the Forest owner. This guy is wiping out English football.

Not even behind closed doors. Prepare for a month/2 month suspension of English football.

RegTheDonk

While the teams that do play and keep winning, keep getting 3 points to the other teams' 1?

Can't see how that is fair, Reg.
I don't think there's a "fair" way whatever the formula is Otis. Whatever's decided, someone will miss out and start howling at the moon.

Otis

I don't think there's a "fair" way whatever the formula is Otis. Whatever's decided, someone will miss out and start howling at the moon.
Yup. Only way really is to suspend games for maybe two weeks, or play behind closed doors.

That would benefit Sunderland though, because then they wouldn't have 20,000 fans screaming at them all game.

ccfcricoh

I am getting more and more concerned that we wont have a game to watch on Saturday...

What am i supposed to do instead, walk around Tescos singing "We are top of the league!"

Might make a trip to the Sunderland Tescos to make it an away day

Covkid1968#

For the first time the Mrs asked me to not go to the game Saturday as I was taking both kids. My first thought was ... back off scouser....don’t ruin my fun because you’re unhappy about the reds winning the PL. But then after a bit of thought... I am wondering if I want my kids exposed to it!!! It’s probably already in the thread but is anyone else starting to have thoughts about attendance

David O'Day

For the first time the Mrs asked me to not go to the game Saturday as I was taking both kids. My first thought was ... back off scouser....don’t ruin my fun because you’re unhappy about the reds winning the PL. But then after a bit of thought... I am wondering if I want my kids exposed to it!!! It’s probably already in the thread but is anyone else starting to have thoughts about attendance
Open air sports events even in a pandemic are low risk.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator

I'm still going.

To be honest, if they are still going to school and everything there's always a chance they will be exposed to it.

Am I Imagining it or was there a thing back in the day where if somebody had chicken pox then people all took their kids round to get them to catch it early on?

itsabuzzard

I'm still going.

To be honest, if they are still going to school and everything there's always a chance they will be exposed to it.

Am I Imagining it or was there a thing back in the day where if somebody had chicken pox then people all took their kids round to get them to catch it early on?
You're not imagining it, it was a thing.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Tommo72

I’d imagine this weekend will be fine.

But once the cases escalate then there is a serious possibility the season will be decided in alternative ways or even voided.

Users who are viewing this thread