Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (15 Viewers)

Grendel

Wearing a mask indoors or in crowded outdoor spaces so we can continue to live normal lives is hardly massive. Do you complain you have to wear trousers everywhere you go?

Crowded outdoor spaces includes our home games. Do you wear one at home games? I reckon 1% do in the concourse and none in the outside

Sky Blue Pete

New restriction being brought in here at the weekend.

Masks everywhere again (including the office), QR code to go in anywhere, social distancing, capacity limits on restaurants and bars including restricted hours. We are almost certainly going in the direction of another lockdown.

It is just never going to end.
Where?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Wearing a mask indoors or in crowded outdoor spaces so we can continue to live normal lives is hardly massive. Do you complain you have to wear trousers everywhere you go?

Wearing a mask in an office for 8 hours is fucking horrible. Shit analogy to compare it to wearing trousers. All this 'it is a small sacrifice to make' is just nonsense too. It isn't normal life.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wearing a mask in an office for 8 hours is fucking horrible. Shit analogy to compare it to wearing trousers. All this 'it is a small sacrifice to make' is just nonsense too. It isn't normal life.

I find wearing a tie uncomfortable and restrictive but it's 'normal' and expected so I have to and it's just part of what has to be done. If I didn't I know it wouldn't be long before someone was having a word with me. What's 'normal' about tying a piece of cloth around your neck? Nothing, but it's become part of the expected clothing over time and people don't bat an eyelid.

People in the far east wear masks all the time now even before Covid and it's become a pretty normal thing for people to do.

I think for some people it's some sort of macho response and having their mouth covered makes them feel subservient and weak.

Reactions: COV

NorthernWisdom

I find wearing a tie uncomfortable and restrictive but it's 'normal' and expected so I have to and it's just part of what has to be done. If I didn't I know it wouldn't be long before someone was having a word with me. What's 'normal' about tying a piece of cloth around your neck? Nothing, but it's become part of the expected clothing over time and people don't bat an eyelid.

People in the far east wear masks all the time now even before Covid and it's become a pretty normal thing for people to do.

I think for some people it's some sort of macho response and having their mouth covered makes them feel subservient and weak.
Government advice said:
We expect and recommend that members of the public continue to wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet. For example, on public transport.

So... that's what should be done, really. As an imposition, it's not a huge one to wear one on a train in a supermarket, in a library. It is still government advice to wear one in such places after all, they just won't message that you *should* do it, they leave it to peoples' common sense, and sense of looking out for others, abdicating their own responsibility at the mouths of the individuals.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Ok, if you and NW are scared you can wear a mask, which again, is nothing like a tie. You can't expect everyone else in society to do the same for the rest of their lives.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Fuck off you clown.

Actuually I'm not sharing my personal circumstances, you don't fucking deserve it you fucking wanker.

You already did share. With every post you try to make it out that everyone should live like you otherwise they are a bad person.

You do you man, but don´t expect everyone to live restricted lives.

Also, I am really not bothered by your insults. It is showing you out to be the real wanker here.

CCFCSteve

Ok, if you and NW are scared you can wear a mask, which again, is nothing like a tie. You can't expect everyone else in society to do the same for the rest of their lives.

It’s not necessarily the individuals who are worried about getting it themselves, I’d imagine it’s trying to reduce the risk to others including loved ones

We live in a strange world at the moment. A high majority of people are/will be fine now they’ve been jabbed, however, there are still vulnerable and higher risk people that need to be protected where possible

I live a pretty normal life (going to football, out every weekend etc) however, even now I’d change that in advance of seeing my mum who is higher risk, as well as LF testing beforehand etc

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It’s not necessarily the individuals who are worried about getting it themselves, I’d imagine it’s trying to reduce the risk to others including loved ones

We live in a strange world at the moment. A high majority of people are/will be fine now they’ve been jabbed, however, there are still vulnerable and higher risk people that need to be protected where possible

I live a pretty normal life (going to football, out every weekend etc) however, even now I’d change that in advance of seeing my mum who is higher risk, as well as LF testing beforehand etc

We´re going in one direction, that seems to be clear. I think they will try everything to avoid another lockdown, but I can still see it happening.

If it happens it will make it feel in a lot of people´s minds like the vaccine isn´t doing its job.

Of course, I am sure most people would choose seeing their loved ones over anything else. It shouldn´t be a case of one or the other though.

COV

You’re right. Sadly some people only give a fuck about themselves and their “freedoms”

Nick

Administrator
It isn't the law to wear a mask, it isn't the law to wear a tie to Tesco either? That's just Waitrose I think?

What are the people who give it the "you are selfish" line doing at city matches, for example?

shmmeee

We´re going in one direction, that seems to be clear. I think they will try everything to avoid another lockdown, but I can still see it happening.

If it happens it will make it feel in a lot of people´s minds like the vaccine isn´t doing its job.

Of course, I am sure most people would choose seeing their loved ones over anything else. It shouldn´t be a case of one or the other though.

Well the a lot of people are dumb as rocks. The vaccine is very clearly doing it’s job.

93B76A6F-F5C2-42B3-B988-D6330695BFF5.jpeg

The problem is the vaccine rollout has basically stalled and the government has got bored and wandered off halfway through.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Except enforce tiny inconveniences which would almost certainly be enough to prevent one.

Grendel

Well the a lot of people are dumb as rocks. The vaccine is very clearly doing it’s job.

View attachment 22550

The problem is the vaccine rollout has basically stalled and the government has got bored and wandered off halfway through.

How has it stalled? We have had 8 million boosters now - nearly 2 million last week?

covmark

300,000 boosters a day plus 100,000 first and second jabs is hardly stalling.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Grendel

I have now also been offered a flu jab as well for the first time

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

View attachment 22550

Younger people will reject the jab because it doesn´t really make a difference to them. The jab makes a difference to older people, around the 45-49 years of age mark, it makes a huge difference for people older than that. For young people though, very little. This is generally the age range where the uptake is smallest. Again, with very limited information on how it stops transmission too, skepticism rises.

160 people under the age of 50 have died here in the Netherlands of Covid since the pandemic started, that is over two years. Some context is needed. What does surprise me though, is how high the UK´s death rate is compared to the rest of the world. It is really bad.

CCFCSteve

Yeah, not sure why there’s still noises around ‘slow’ booster/jab roll out, the recent numbers are decent. 360k boosters today and another 60k jabs.

People were crediting NHS for original roll out, then there’s a drop off it’s the government fault ?? Come on, fairs fair. The delays appear to be down to the initial decision to space booster by 6 months and slightly slower uptake but for last week or two numbers are where they probably should be.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You think mask mandates will stop a lockdown?

Yes, I do because it will slightly reduce infections but most importantly it will reduce the viral load anyone gets and thus make it less likely they'll get a serious infection requiring hospitalisation, and preventing pressure on hospitals would be the reason why lockdowns would be reimplemented

shmmeee

Yeah, not sure why there’s still noises around ‘slow’ booster/jab roll out, the recent numbers are decent. 360k boosters today and another 60k jabs.

People were crediting NHS for original roll out, then there’s a drop off it’s the government fault ?? Come on, fairs fair. The delays appear to be down to the initial decision to space booster by 6 months and slightly slower uptake but for last week or two numbers are where they probably should be.

Because we were doing 600k

Its not a throughout issue it’s a messaging or admin issue:

35E0E194-6E2F-4971-9BAD-4E61F2ECA206.jpeg

Ian1779

Because we were doing 600k

Its not a throughout issue it’s a messaging or admin issue:

View attachment 22553
There’s also an infrastructure/logistics issue. Some vaccine rollouts in school are being postponed because lack of staff to administer and even reports of a shortage of vaccines (though that’s not confirmed) but staffing is contributing.

Users who are viewing this thread