Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (19 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Didn't realise some clubs have already gone down the vaccine passport route. Know someone who went to Ipswich at the weekend, thought they were on the wind up when they said there were covid checks to get in, including onsite testing.

I have less of an issue with it if there is an option to show a negative test. The vaccine passport rules where that isn't an option are just stupid and don't make any sense.

clint van damme

Infections down by 30,000 this past week which,of course,hasn’t been mentioned anywhere in the mainstream media…typical

Was reported on 5live drive last night.
That's after a week of the highest infection rates for 9 months, which you failed to mention.

Sick Boy

Scotland was the one I read about most recently.

What is the situation in Italy? I have seen many videos of people kicking off about the passes in some of the big cities, but no real coverage to understand exactly what about.
You have to have one to enter the/a workplace now. Those who don’t want to get vaccinated pay €15 every 48 hours to be tested, which is linked to app with the green pass.
The country now has one of the highest vaccination rates in Europe but I think something like 90% of new green passes being downloaded each week are from testing being done so I can only see first vaccinations increasing by another few percent more.

Grendel

You have to have one to enter the/a workplace now. Those who don’t want to get vaccinated pay €15 every 48 hours to be tested, which is linked to app with the green pass.
The country now has one of the highest vaccination rates in Europe but I think something like 90% of new green passes being downloaded each week are from testing being done so I can only see first vaccinations increasing by another few percent more.

it still has 1 in 5 under 50s not vaccinated which is similar to the uk so unless these people don’t actually do any work or go anywhere it doesn’t suggest it’s that effective at encouraging vaccination increases other than elderly - the 30 to 40 bracket has a low take up its higher in the 12 to 18 bracket in comparison which makes the total figure higher than others

Sick Boy

it still has 1 in 5 under 50s not vaccinated which is similar to the uk so unless these people don’t actually do any work or go anywhere it doesn’t suggest it’s that effective at encouraging vaccination increases other than elderly - the 30 to 40 bracket has a low take up its higher in the 12 to 18 bracket
…which is why I mentioned about the testing every 48 hours. I’ve no idea how rigorously it’s being enforced inside companies on a wider basis. Outside of the main cities away from tourist hotspots, most bars/restaurants don’t ask for it.

NorthernWisdom

…which is why I mentioned about the testing every 48 hours.
It's not just that anyway - it puts the irresponsible off going, and at the same time gives confidence to those who might be reluctant that those in the shared spaces have a sense of social responsibility, means people are more likely to consume and boost the economy etc etc. Also not an unreasonable assumption that those who take said measures will be more considerate around others, too.

Grendel

It's not just that anyway - it puts the irresponsible off going, and at the same time gives confidence to those who might be reluctant that those in the shared spaces have a sense of social responsibility, means people are more likely to consume and boost the economy etc etc. Also not an unreasonable assumption that those who take said measures will be more considerate around others, too.

It’s not been that well received - some medical experts in Italy view it as a something of a political decision rather than beneficial as the virus obviously can spread to non vaccinated in under the 48 (or is it

In all honesty I see very little evidence in the uk that 99% of the population are now not acting as normal.

If you are vaccinated you are at very little risk of hospitalisation (unless over 80) so it’s the non vaccinated who take the risk anyway which is up to them.

Can’t see it being a goer here

Sick Boy

It’s not been that well received - some medical experts in Italy view it as a something of a political decision rather than beneficial as the virus obviously can spread to non vaccinated in under the 48 (or is it

In all honesty I see very little evidence in the uk that 99% of the population are now not acting as normal.

If you are vaccinated you are at very little risk of hospitalisation (unless over 80) so it’s the non vaccinated who take the risk anyway which is up to them.

Can’t see it being a goer here
Over half of the population support its use in the workplace.

Grendel

Over half of the population support its use in the workplace.

Well as over half have been vaccinated so they don’t care A lot of course do not it’s also not sustainable in terms of testing those non vaccinated as it seems the price is being hugely subsidised

It’s main aim was by the governments own admission to force the vaccination rate up and it’s not working

Sick Boy

Well as over half have been vaccinated so they don’t care A lot of course do not it’s also not sustainable in terms of testing those non vaccinated as it seems the price is being hugely subsidised

It’s main aim was by the governments own admission to force the vaccination rate up and it’s not working

The testing is done by private pharmacies?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

…which is why I mentioned about the testing every 48 hours. I’ve no idea how rigorously it’s being enforced inside companies on a wider basis. Outside of the main cities away from tourist hotspots, most bars/restaurants don’t ask for it.

Cheers for your explanation BTW.

Here is a bit similar. There is now a vaccine passport or test to go inside of bars and restaurants, but I reckon only about 10% of places are actually enforcing it.

The main hotspots are stricter, but go a couple of streets back and they don't care. I mean, I kind of get it. They have lost so much money over the last two years.

Evo1883

Aguero had heart problems when he was younger btw .. so how tweets like this get so many likes is beyond parody

Ian1779

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

New restriction being brought in here at the weekend.

Masks everywhere again (including the office), QR code to go in anywhere, social distancing, capacity limits on restaurants and bars including restricted hours. We are almost certainly going in the direction of another lockdown.

It is just never going to end.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Masks everywhere again (including the office), QR code to go in anywhere, social distancing, capacity limits on restaurants and bars including restricted hours. We are almost certainly going in the direction of another lockdown.

It's mostly those that don't want lockdowns that will cause them by refusing to do simple things to limit spread like wearing a mask because it's an 'infringement of their personal freedom'.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's mostly those that don't want lockdowns that will cause them by refusing to do simple things to limit spread like wearing a mask because it's an 'infringement of their personal freedom'.

So you are saying those that like to wear masks and virtue signal about the vaccine like lockdowns and the moral high ground?

Tell me something I didnt know ;)

Honestly though, a few people not wearing a mask on a train suddenly deciding to do so will not make almost any difference in beating this virus.

Kieranp96

Where is here?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Honestly though, a few people not wearing a mask on a train suddenly deciding to do so will not make almost any difference in beating this virus.

Seems odd that when we had things like mask wearing and social distancing cases weren't going up like they are now. Almost as if there's a link between the two... I wonder if said things might prevent or reduce the amount of other people's germs people might breathe in?

Enforce people wearing masks and social distance again and stricter measures almost certainly wouldn't be needed. Anyone who isn't doing those things voluntarily has lost any right to complain about further measures if they're brought in.

Grendel

Seems odd that when we had things like mask wearing and social distancing cases weren't going up like they are now. Almost as if there's a link between the two... I wonder if said things might prevent or reduce the amount of other people's germs people might breathe in?

Enforce people wearing masks and social distance again and stricter measures almost certainly wouldn't be needed. Anyone who isn't doing those things voluntarily has lost any right to complain about further measures if they're brought in.

Has Wales fared better then England?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Has Wales fared better then England?

Lockdowns are pretty much all about hospitalisations to ease pressure on the health services and the proportion of infected people dying in Wales is around half of England's which suggests the infections aren't as serious. As masks reduce the amount of covid a person breathes into their surroundings for others to then breathe in I think you can make a strong case that mask wearing is helpful.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

So, if what you are saying is correct, we are going to wear masks and live under restrictions forever?

I'm sorry, but something has got to give.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So, if what you are saying is correct, we are going to wear masks and live under restrictions forever?

I'm sorry, but something has got to give.

Wearing a mask indoors or in crowded outdoor spaces so we can continue to live normal lives is hardly massive. Do you complain you have to wear trousers everywhere you go?

JAM See

I'll be wearing my Stone Island facemask (and my CP Company goggle jacket) to Derby away.

"Just doing my bit for society officer."

Users who are viewing this thread