Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (16 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

“England will now look to reopen society fully on July 19. During the press conference, the PM mentioned the date July 29, though this has now been confirmed as an error.”

Imagine if Diane…
Just to be clear I am no Diane Abbot fan but thee have been many Tories who have said much more stupid thing than she did, including Johnson

Sick Boy

Well clearly from people who aren’t vaccinated or who are and are not having major symptoms. A study today showed that there is 95% protection from hospitalisation if you are fully vaccinated
They really should let in fully vaccinated without quarantine.

fernandopartridge

Not one to defend the Tories but Grendel is right, they said that the earliest opening would be 21st June and it would be data not dates. It is clear that the data is all going in the wrong direction (albeit without anywhere near the impact as yet).

It is imo preferable given it's the middle of summer, to keep things as they are now as long as the vaccine rollout maintains volumes as high as possible. Might give us non season ticket holders half a chance of seeing a match before Christmas.

clint van damme

Never mind your wedding Brighton, I've just had word that 'Tots Fest' which we bought tickets for my then 2 year old to attend in July 2020 will now be put back for a further year until August 2022. He's literally waited half of his life to attend

That could end up being attended by 6 and 7 year olds by the time it goes ahead. They'll be a tough crowd!

fernandopartridge

Now with a post to criticise the government. The vaccine programme is stalling, when it should be accelerating it's going slower, and is projected to go slower still.

Why that clown Starmer keeps talking about how great the vaccine rollout is and rattling on about not shutting borders, rather than asking pertinent questions on what the fuck the government intends to do to get a grip on the Delta variant now god only knows?

skybluetony176

Now with a post to criticise the government. The vaccine programme is stalling, when it should be accelerating it's going slower, and is projected to go slower still.

Why that clown Starmer keeps talking about how great the vaccine rollout is and rattling on about not shutting borders, rather than asking pertinent questions on what the fuck the government intends to do to get a grip on the Delta variant now god only knows?
Any ideas why it’s stalling?

wingy

Have they not changed strategy on the sly and getting second doses done in less time like other countries?
There may have been an instance where they brought it down to 8 weeks for 50 something's.
Then the Regions with high India variant got flooded first dose for a couple of weeks .
I have wondered if some data has been held back , possibly appearing later on as a stonking few days in a bid to not create a envy or a sense of someone's taking my turn/option.

Nick

Administrator
Never mind your wedding Brighton, I've just had word that 'Tots Fest' which we bought tickets for my then 2 year old to attend in July 2020 will now be put back for a further year until August 2022. He's literally waited half of his life to attend

Sounds like a good excuse to go on your own ;)

Sick Boy

There may have been an instance where they brought it down to 8 weeks for 50 something's.
Then the Regions with high India variant got flooded first dose for a couple of weeks .
I have wondered if some data has been held back , possibly appearing later on as a stonking few days in a bid to not create a envy or a sense of someone's taking my turn/option.
I checked the data of vaccines here compared to there and first doses have are only around 10% behind but double the second doses there now.

wingy

I checked the data of vaccines here compared to there and first doses have are only around 10% behind but double the second doses there now.
It could be the Indian manufacture has not been delivered as scheduled because of their own issues , but that switch to Pfizer for U40's must impact also re delivery .

Grendel

As of today U.K. have 72 million doses and Italy 42 million? Confused

Grendel

The problem is surely the decision to stop the Oxford vaccine for the under 40’s which changes plans. On latest projections 90% of all adults will have had at least one vaccine dose and 78% two by the lockdown date of release and really that’s enough to end this

Sick Boy

As of today U.K. have 72 million doses and Italy 42 million? Confused
The first doses are just over 10% behind now - the UK’s second doses are much higher, hence why I said it seems they’re concentrating more on second doses in the Uk.
I mean considering where things were, it’s majorly picked up over the last few weeks.

Grendel

The first doses are just over 10% behind now - the UK’s second doses are much higher, hence why I said it seems they’re concentrating more on second doses in the Uk.

Have Italy changed the 4 week gap between doses?

Grendel

I mean considering where things were, it’s majorly picked up over the last few weeks.

Im genuinely interested where you’ve got this data from? I can’t see how it’s at all possible

when you look at this it’s nowhere near 10% - also you surely mean 10% pts and not 10% - do you have a link?

stupot07

After asking difficult questions at the G7 this week, the government banned Sky News and Channel 4 News from asking questions at the press conference tonight.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

baldy

Apparently all travelling for holidays abroad this year is unlikely to happen according to some bint talking to Andrew Marr....ermmmm why?
The whole thing’s a farce - we’ve done all we possibly can to protect the NHS,every vulnerable person & those more at risk have been double-jabbed so why the wait? Hospitals aren’t straining,there’s hardly any deaths....it‘s just all very odd
Yet in other parts of the world,with the same virus,they’re out living life normally & enjoying themselves - meanwhile in the U.K,we have the police telling us we’re not allowed to cheer or sing whilst watching the Euros in pubs
Absolutely pathetic drivel

Sick Boy

Apparently all travelling for holidays abroad this year is unlikely to happen according to some bint talking to Andrew Marr....ermmmm why?
The whole thing’s a farce - we’ve done all we possibly can to protect the NHS,every vulnerable person & those more at risk have been double-jabbed so why the wait? Hospitals aren’t straining,there’s hardly any deaths....it‘s just all very odd
Yet in other parts of the world,with the same virus,they’re out living life normally & enjoying themselves - meanwhile in the U.K,we have the police telling us we’re not allowed to cheer or sing whilst watching the Euros in pubs
They can get fucked, I’m visiting my family for the first time in over 18 months once fully vaccinated - not all foreign travel is for holidays.

COV

what do you mean “we’ve done everything we possibly can?”

no we haven’t, we’ve done nothing, we’ve literally sat inside doing nothing, don’t make out it’s been a massive task

Skybluefaz

Reactions: COV

Grendel

I mean percentages of the population - it just under 50% - the UK is just over 60% - first doses.

So Italy have only done 12 million second doses? I thought they had a 4 week gap between doses?

baldy

Tbf im one that gets info as my mates a doctor at UHCW. Backs up whats been said above, few in, nothing major, mainly young and only spending 2 or 3 nights in there. No one getting anywhere near ICU

Yeah my bro works there & he’s been doing overtime shifts & has access to the Covid data at the hospital etc & he said it’s been dead there & absolutely no cases at all hardly

Sick Boy

So Italy have only done 12 million second doses? I thought they had a 4 week gap between doses?
Second doses were over 14 million a couple of days ago.
Since the start of June a lot more vaccination centres have opened up that’s driven big increases in first doses.

Users who are viewing this thread