Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (12 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

The year is 2025

Some people after boris announces easing suspended again

giphy.gif

WEDDING ALLOWANCE +4

TomRad85

Yep. Will make sure to avoid the pubs tomorrow.

Oh, nothing to do with coronavirus, I just can’t stand the swarm of cunts that flock out when England are playing. BBQ and friends round to watch the game in the garden for me.

Haha for some reason I agree, I know some like watching footy at the pub but I hate it. Being in the ground is obviously the peak experience but after that I'll take chilling at home in front of the TV.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

Another increase in hospitalisations today sadly. Still small numbers compared to where we were at one point but the highest level we've seen since mid-April. 24% increase yesterday followed by a 13% increase today is not the news we wanted.

As I say still small numbers compared to where we were a few months ago but seeing hospitalisations rise a week and a half after cases rose is exactly what we were hoping to avoid. Really hoping we see some good numbers in the first half of next week and that the increase in hospitalisations doesn't lead to an increase in deaths.

I keep an eye on the covid inpatients/deaths rather than admissions. Trusts have said people being admitted are younger and therefore the turnaround and release is a lot quicker. Yesterday in PHE the number of covid inpatients (so basically the net number of admissions, releases and deaths) actually went down by 20 or so across the country. It’s crept up a little over the past few weeks but not significant - there’s less covid inpatients now than there was on 12 May)

Obviously we can expect a gradual increase based on case numbers rising but currently this doesn’t appear be putting any strain on nhs and I’d hope this would remain to be the case (fingers crossed anyway). If people are getting jabbed then there is only a negligible risk to them, one I’m personally happy to live with. If they aren’t then they can continue to minimise the risk by avoiding crowds etc etc. You are unlikely to catch covid sitting at home so if that’s what people want to do then I would understand and be supportive of that, especially if they/their families are higher risk, however, everyone else should be able to live their lives as normally as possible unless there is a risk of putting a strain on nhs - I acknowledge that this could change quickly so should remain under constant review

Where has personal responsibility and personal choice gone ?!

Brighton Sky Blue

Finger crossed they change the wedding limits, they aren’t going to be massive drivers of infection to be fair.

Scotland has been allowing 50 this whole time. Look at what everyone else is allowed to be doing at the moment, including those nightclub trials. We should be entitled to it provided everyone going is vaccinated or gives a negative test.

SBAndy

I keep an eye on the covid inpatients/deaths rather than admissions. Trusts have said people being admitted are younger and therefore the turnaround and release is a lot quicker. Yesterday in PHE the number of covid inpatients (so basically the net number of admissions, releases and deaths) actually went down by 20 or so across the country. It’s crept up a little over the past few weeks but not significant - there’s less covid inpatients now than there was on 12 May)

Obviously we can expect a gradual increase based on case numbers rising but currently this doesn’t appear be putting any strain on nhs and I’d hope this would remain to be the case (fingers crossed anyway). If people are getting jabbed then there is only a negligible risk to them, one I’m personally happy to live with. If they aren’t then they can continue to minimise the risk by avoiding crowds etc etc. You are unlikely to catch covid sitting at home so if that’s what people want to do then I would understand and be supportive of that, especially if they/their families are higher risk, however, everyone else should be able to live their lives as normally as possible unless there is a risk of putting a strain on nhs - I acknowledge that this could change quickly so should remain under constant review

Where has personal responsibility and personal choice gone ?!

Using the inpatients as a measure feels sensible to me. If 100 are admitted in a day but 90 are discharged that same day, it obviously wouldn’t cause the same pressures.

Evo1883

Just had a doctor on sky news , even the presenter said "that's a bit depressing isn't it " when she went off air .

The doctor had ZERO positives to say , talked about new variants, going back to square 1 or before square 1 , talked about how the vaccine isn't 100% effective (there isn't a vaccine available that is 100% effective is there ? )

These fuckers love the limelight I tell you , sorry but I'm going off that interview and there's nothing good happening , going to happen or will ever happen .

Wankers

hill83

I’ll be honest, personally I didn’t want the vaccine. Purely because I’m a total fanny when it comes to needles. But I pulled my finger out and had the first one and will be having the second one. Fuck everyone who doesn’t have it, if we lockdown again because of them. Force people to have it I don’t give a fuck.

Evo1883

It's all lining up for autumn again.

Scare mongering. Headlines etc.

People will say , ah what's the problem with it being just a bit longer ...

But even then at some point surely you'd have to question the validity of even that statement .

hill83

But even then at some point surely you'd have to question to validity of even that statement .

I’m still in that camp if the end goal is getting as many people as possible double jabbed. But if that’s still not enough then what. Anyway, litten tree in 15 minutes so I’m off.

clint van damme

But even then at some point surely you'd have to question to validity of even that statement .

Once the vast majority are vacinnated I can't see what else we can do.
I think there have been people in this thread calling for us'to learn to live with it' far too early in the pandemic but I do think we are approaching that point.
Hopefully the scientific community can keep working to improve vacinnes and there's an effective ongoing vacinnation program with a good uptake from the public.

Evo1883

I think there have been people in this thread calling for us'to learn to live with it' far too early in the pandemic but I do think we are approaching that point.
Hopefully the scientific community can keep working to improve vacinnes and there's an effective ongoing vacinnation program with a good uptake from the public.

I agree..

Right have a good day all .

Sky Blue Pete

Yep balanced

Evo1883

I agree about the vaccination.

Once we are all done , no more lockdowns we must live with it .

Then we get our boosters and we carry on .

Simple .

Any other route could lead to some extreme anger or backlash.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread