Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (47 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah that’s really frustrating. Hopefully we have no issues going forward for you and your missus sake

Also this acceleration of 2nd jabs presumably means we will have to wait even longer for a first one. So sick of the selfish and the stupid who have had the offer all this time and refused

Ccfcisparks

Also this acceleration of 2nd jabs presumably means we will have to wait even longer for a first one. So sick of the selfish and the stupid who have had the offer all this time and refused
I can’t imagine I’ll get my first one for another couple of months at least. The only thing you can do to convince people is to introduce vaccine passports, but we already know peoples opinions on those..

shmmeee

It is a burden. Look at the waiting lists for operations now, potential undiagnosed or late diagnosis of cancer, massive expansion of ICU.

Had to book a referral appointment today (thankfully not for cancer) only place with any bookings was UHCW and earliest was Sept 2022!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yes, you believe an entirely implausible conspiracy as it's easier than thinking about actual reasons

What conspiracy?

Planes have travelled from India to other countries with passengers that tested negative on departure, and positive on arrival.

That's fact. The reasons behind it are up for discussion.

Then all of a sudden people wonder 'how did the variant get here'.

Saddlebrains

Can someone explain to me, why this even fucking matters? The vulnerable are double jabbed. Millions of others single jabbed. We're doing half a million a day.

Without conjecture, ideally a well constructed response please.

Because i really do not see the issue even if we had fucking 40k cases a day, as long as thst doesnt end up on hospitalisations/deaths.

And all the science says, and shows that the vaccine prevents this in 97+% of occasions

Sky Blue Pete

Can someone explain to me, why this even fucking matters? The vulnerable are double jabbed. Millions of others single jabbed. We're doing half a million a day.

Because i really do not see the issue even if we had fucking 40k cases a day, as long as thst doesnt end up on hospitalisations/deaths.

And all the science says, and shows that the vaccine prevents this in 97+% of occasions
Put it together rationally and logically and tell us where you get

hill83

Isn’t the point we don’t know yet? And nothing has changed yet anyway. But the gist of what I was getting was if it’s more transmissible we’ll see an increase in hospitalisations regardless of the vaccine or not which could cause issues for the NHS and more deaths etc.

I don’t think anything will be reversed from what we have today but I can see them going back on being allowed in pubs worse case scenario.

Sky Blue Pete

Isn’t the point we don’t know yet? And nothing has changed yet anyway. But the gist of what I was getting was if it’s more transmissible we’ll see an increase in hospitalisations regardless of the vaccine or not which could cause issues for the NHS and more deaths etc.

I don’t think anything will be reversed from what we have today but I can see them going back on being allowed in pubs worse case scenario.
Maybe but johnson has shown huge reticence to act so this doesn’t quite fit unless he’s playing a cry wolf game hoping people won’t be to lax and he won’t have to lockdown again. For me the press conference makes no sens e

hill83

I think they are still hoping the vaccine will be a get out jail free card. I really hope it’s right. I’ll admit though I did think it would probably be worth delaying being allowed in pubs for a few more weeks. At least until the euros while they get more data.

I can understand why they didn’t though and from what they were saying even in Bolton etc where the new one is knocking about the data isn’t showing increased hospitalisations.

The real issue is the fuck up again of not closing down flights from India quick enough.

wingy

It's almost as if they have little confidence in the jab .
As for waiting I've been waiting for a simple examination/biopsy for close to a year,first saw doctor 18 months ago .

Saddlebrains

I would genuinely be struggling not to tie a rope around my neck if this shit goes on much longer.

The thought of going away with the kids down south in July and going to the ricoh in August has kept me going.

If thats off the table i will really really struggle to cope.

Users who are viewing this thread