Bradford Millwall Today (1 Viewer)

Otis

It was a pleasure not a chore until Christmas. Since Christmas it has very much been a chore.

Been quite dismal apart from those two great wins. Besides that it has been rather grim and depressing. Always is when you keep losing every week.

Otis

Its possible Bradford would only need to lose 2 games for us to catch them due to the game in hand tomorrow
Need to win that first though.;)

I think being 8 points behind will be a massive dent to confidence for us and put intense pressure on us too.

That is the reason I am predicting draw.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Need to win that first though.;)

I think being 8 points behind will be a massive dent to confidence for us and put intense pressure on us too.

That is the reason I am predicting draw.
Why I said possible. At the moment it isn't fact that Bradford need to lose 3 for us to catch them.

Otis

Why I said possible. At the moment it isn't fact that Bradford need to lose 3 for us to catch them.
And I'm just saying it will be after tomorrow night! ;)

Hope I'm wrong of course and we win handsomely.

Unbelievable to think that on Friday night we could have been 6th and now here we are now further away than ever.

theferret

Did you see the games last season as compared to this? Standard of football far, far better. This is the first season for a long time where going to games has been a pleasure not a chore. Never mind looking at how things have really been. Let's just re-write history. Pressley was obviously a genius who had us playing like Brazil.

Last season was terrible, no question and was painful at times. This season hasn't been that much better though, certainly no better than Pressley's full season in charge when the wheels only really came off when key players left. We played decent stuff at times, scoring 74 goals (a tally I doubt we'll reach this time), and yet it was still a shit season.

One win in the last 7 home games in the third division is about as bad as it gets. It stopped being pleasurable a while back.

steve82

I cannot see us catching anyone but Gillingham as there form is similar to ours but Rochdale, Barnsley and Bradford are on a decent role. So anyone of them 3 teams and Gillingham will take the spots with millwall and Walsall.
As for tomorrow id not play the kids just yet, tomorrow is do or die. A win and slim hopes are still there. After all football is a funny old game.
I predict a loss tho as Colchester have shown plenty of fight recently and goals too. We are a little toothless at the minute and will gift a goal from a set piece as per..... Unless he drops Ricketts.

Otis

Last season was terrible, no question and was painful at times. This season hasn't been that much better though, certainly no better than Pressley's full season in charge when the wheels only really came off when key players left. We played decent stuff at times, scoring 74 goals (a tally I doubt we'll reach this time), and yet it was still a shit season.

One win in the last 7 home games in the third division is about as bad as it gets. It stopped being pleasurable a while back.
Couldn't agree more, ferret.

letsallsingtogether

I cannot see us catching anyone but Gillingham as there form is similar to ours but Rochdale, Barnsley and Bradford are on a decent role. So anyone of them 3 teams and Gillingham will take the spots with millwall and Walsall.
As for tomorrow id not play the kids just yet, tomorrow is do or die. A win and slim hopes are still there. After all football is a funny old game.
I predict a loss tho as Colchester have shown plenty of fight recently and goals too. We are a little toothless at the minute and will gift a goal from a set piece as per..... Unless he drops Ricketts.

Damn that Ricketts cost us all those points

Otis

At the moment picking Ricketts is like starting the game from a nil-one position. ;)

letsallsingtogether

Can't argue with that......
But in TM we trust.
Thank you Sisu for giving us hope and then kicking us in the balls yet again some things never change.

Otis

Can't argue with that......
But in TM we trust.
Thank you Sisu for giving us hope and then kicking us in the balls yet again some things never change.
Is it Sisu's fault though that we didn't change tactics after teams started to nullify us?

Is it Sisu's fault we signed Hunt and Henderson, especially Hunt who is a wasted wage?

Is it Sisu's fault that this same thing has happened to Mowbray before with his teams sliding out of play-off positions?

Is it Sisu's fault we signed Joe Cole?

Is it Sisu's fault we play the ball out from the back even when teams are pressing us very high up the pitch and closing us down?

Is it Sisu's fault we seemingly have little variation in the way we play?

letsallsingtogether

Is it Sisu's fault though that we didn't change tactics after teams started to nullify us?

Is it Sisu's fault we signed Hunt and Henderson, especially Hunt who is a wasted wage?

Is it Sisu's fault that this same thing has happened to Mowbray before with his teams sliding out of play-off positions?

Is it Sisu's fault we signed Joe Cole?

Is it Sisu's fault we play the ball out from the back even when teams are pressing us very high up the pitch and closing us down?

Is it Sisu's fault we seemingly have little variation in the way we play?
Yes to all of the above

Terry Gibson's perm

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night as I have missed a few games recently. We will win and I am going for a tidy 3v0.

just go up as champions next year instead;) looking at the teams that could come down it will be tough next year but if boring Burton can do it

letsallsingtogether

Cost us more than rcc in my honest opinion...... More than Phillips and rcc combined.
Ricketts has been poor for last 3 months minimum.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Like you said your opinion.
I feel a more experienced keeper would have solved many of our faults.

oucho

Sorry I thought this was the thread keeping an eye on the Millwall-Burton game?

Anyway, don't blame Joe Cole for our bad run. He's played quite well for the most part, if not as much of a star as we'd have hoped. Some said he'd tear up this league - at 34, that was never likely but he's worked hard and been better than most.

The funny thing about our drop in form is that there's no obvious reason. The Mowbray "Devon Loch" factor, the fallout with JOB, never signings like Cole, Kent leaving, Ricketts running out of steam, the injuries to Reda/Turner, Arma and Murphy (inevitably?) losing form after a hot streak, the arrival of Anderson....maybe a combination of all these things?

dongonzalos

Mowbrays biggest mistake for me is not seeing the position of goalkeeper as an important position.
Lesser mistakes are
Hunt, MAF, Ramage.
JOB.

I compare that to Signing Armstrong, Kent, Murphy, Turner, Cole, Jones. Vince.
Making our style of football attacking free flowing.
His honesty saying it as it is.

I prefer the positives over the negatives our time will come I still see the season as massive progression

steve82

Like you said your opinion.
I feel a more experienced keeper would have solved many of our faults.
I actually agree with you to a degree there but also feel rcc is a good keeper in the making in this league.
Without a commanding center half to Marshall the defence, a experienced keeper may of done just that. Tho many of our defensive faults would still of been there.
I think TM put too much faith in Ricketts being able to do that job.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

It was a pleasure not a chore until Christmas. Since Christmas it has very much been a chore.

Been quite dismal apart from those two great wins. Besides that it has been rather grim and depressing. Always is when you keep losing every week.
Not for me. Lots of performances have been good without getting the results we deserve red. Chesterfield, Walsall, Shrewsbury and Posh immediately come to mind. Crewe and Bury obviously.

Otis

Not for me. Lots of performances have been good without getting the results we deserve red. Chesterfield, Walsall, Shrewsbury and Posh immediately come to mind. Crewe and Bury obviously.
Against Walsall we played okay for about 45 mins. Second half was all Walsall and we were pretty much pinned back and trying to protect our 1-0 lead.

Peterborough we played well for one half.

Irish Sky Blue

Against Walsall we played okay for about 45 mins. Second half was all Walsall and we were pretty much pinned back and trying to protect our 1-0 lead.

Peterborough we played well for one half.
Again, all about opinions. We had a good 15 minute spell in second half against Walsall. Missed 2 good chances to seal the win before Walsall came back. Disagree with Posh game. Felt we were the better team in both halves. Even in the second half More shots on goal, more chances, more saves( obviously only standard expected saves) by their keeper. Last ten minutes perhaps we ran out of steam. Let's just be totally negative, everything is crap and there is no hope.
Off the pitch things are still pretty desperate. However I am the most optomistit on the playing side since Championship relegation. Seems if you don't see that the glass is half empty then you are a delusional fool. I am looking forward to the game tomorrow. As always this season I think we will play well and I think we will win. As you have said many times TM says it as it is. Poor and win, poor and lose I am sure he will be honest. That's what I would do to. Not just be negative for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Otis

Again, all about opinions. We had a good 15 minute spell in second half against Walsall. Missed 2 good chances to seal the win before Walsall came back. Disagree with Posh game. Felt we were the better team in both halves. Even in the second half More shots on goal, more chances, more saves( obviously only standard expected saves) by their keeper. Last ten minutes perhaps we ran out of steam. Let's just be totally negative, everything is crap and there is no hope.
Off the pitch things are still pretty desperate. However I am the most optomistit on the playing side since Championship relegation. Seems if you don't see that the glass is half empty then you are a delusional fool. I am looking forward to the game tomorrow. As always this season I think we will play well and I think we will win. As you have said many times TM says it as it is. Poor and win, poor and lose I am sure he will be honest. That's what I would do to. Not just be negative for the sake of it.
I really appreciate TM's honesty.

Would also like nothing more than for him to be the one to take us forwards.

H

Huckerby

Mowbrays biggest mistake for me is not seeing the position of goalkeeper as an important position.
Lesser mistakes are
Hunt, MAF, Ramage.
JOB.

I compare that to Signing Armstrong, Kent, Murphy, Turner, Cole, Jones. Vince.
Making our style of football attacking free flowing.
His honesty saying it as it is.

I prefer the positives over the negatives our time will come I still see the season as massive progression
How can you say that biggest mistake is goalkeeper?

How many points would you say we've dropped due to RCC?

Am I the only one who thinks he's been decent?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Otis

I have. And the way we're going, we're going to end the season not much further ahead than last season.

Progress? Don't let the first 3 months of the season tint your glasses too much...
Yeah, well that's it I think. Too much retrospective thinking.

At the end of the day football is played out in seasons and as a club you have to be judged on each season. Pointless saying we did well for a bit.

The only way it would be truly positive is if it all happened in reverse. We had the run we're having now back then and the good run now.

Then there would be positivity. Don't see how you can have positivity when the end of the season is approaching and you are losing every week.

Unless we turn round this form now, it's going to be a depressing bad end to the season and very little progress will have been made at all.

GaryJones

Another season when we end it with a feeling of disappointment - that's what we are looking at.
I was disappointed last season and the seasons before that and I've a feeling I'm going to be disappointed this season too.
Maybe for slightly different reasons but the end result will be disappointment once again!
Is their any relief from being a Coventry Fan?
Pissed off from Coventry (again!)

Users who are viewing this thread