Bradford Millwall Today (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

We could really do with Millwall beating Bradford today - if they do it keeps the gap between us and the Play Offs at a realistically close-able level.
Im still clinging on to the hope that 5th or 6th place is still there for the taking!

Otis

We could really do with Millwall beating Bradford today - if they do it keeps the gap between us and the Play Offs at a realistically close-able level.
Im still clinging on to the hope that 5th or 6th place is still there for the taking!
And there's 3 clubs ahead of us in the taking stakes.

5 wins would give us 71 points and that is the minimum we need to achieve.

westofrayne

Really doesn't matter, if we can't win our own games it does not matter about the teams around us.

I dared to dream around Christmas time that for the first time in my 48 years on this earth I might see my team promoted, I should have known better.

Just so gutted at the moment that for the first time in 5 yrs I might not drive up from Essex for the game, just so down about it all.

AFCCOVENTRY

We don't deserve to be in the play offs since we have been playing like amateurs since Christmas.

We can't score for shit now, we leak goals for fun, we can't scrap a win, let alone talk of winning games.

Hopefully this full season is one Mogga and Venus will analyse in the end of season lessons learned report. See what the positive lessons are and continue with those but work on individual action plans on the negative lessons.

That way we should be a better team next season.

We need to move away from has been pros like Ricketts, Henderson, Hunt etc and buy our own youth.

I'm hoping it's the start with Bilal and Jones.

stupot07

We're only 3 points from dropping out the to half of the table now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mr T - Sukka!

The season has turned to shit. All the warnings were not addressed.

We are CCFC. Top 6 finishes are not what we do. As SP used to say its not in our DNA.

Sky Blue Harry H

Really doesn't matter, if we can't win our own games it does not matter about the teams around us.

I dared to dream around Christmas time that for the first time in my 48 years on this earth I might see my team promoted, I should have known better.

Just so gutted at the moment that for the first time in 5 yrs I might not drive up from Essex for the game, just so down about it all.

Come on buddy - you're a City fan - one extra bellow from the stand may make all the difference. Every little helps and all that. I'll buy you a pie and a pint for your troubles if you say "hi, it's me and I claim my pie and pint" . I'll be near the bit between block 18 and Block 19 at 7.30 !!!!

Otis

Now 5 points behind Bradford. They play Crewe on Monday. We obviously don't play til Tuesday night.

Bradford beat Crewe they will be 8 points clear. No way we are coming back from that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Said we needed 6 points from Peterborough and Colchester which should have been within our capabilities, think we've given ourselves too much to do now after yesterdays result.

Otis

Yep. Added pressure on us too if Bradford and Barnsley pick up maximum points on Monday afternoon.

I can't even see us getting maximum points from Colchester now. I think it will be a draw.

Psychologically, Bradford now moving 5 points clear, must be a massive blow.

Always been in the top 6 or within a point or 2. Now having to win 2 while Bradford lose 2 will surely have an effect on the squad and the manager.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

oucho

Now 5 points behind Bradford. They play Crewe on Monday. We obviously don't play til Tuesday night.

Bradford beat Crewe they will be 8 points clear. No way we are coming back from that.

You over think this mate. We'll have a game in hand, home v ColU. If we lose that I might have to agree with you. Right now we're in the mix. In 2010 we were in this position in the table and everyone was well excited. Forget your arbitrary 71 points, we just need to finish above 18 other teams, simple as.

Otis

You over think this mate. We'll have a game in hand, home v ColU. If we lose that I might have to agree with you. Right now we're in the mix. In 2010 we were in this position in the table and everyone was well excited. Forget your arbitrary 71 points, we just need to finish above 18 other teams, simple as.
Oh, right! Didn't know it was so simple!! ;)

We have to overtake 3 teams as it stands.

As an example, Rochdale have won 4 in a row. We have lost 8 out of 12.

Which team is capable of winning 5 out of 8 you think? Barnsley have won something like 13 out of 16 and Bradford have won 6 out of 10.

Again, just as a reminder, we have lost 8 out 12. ;)

Why on earth could anyone believe we are now capable of 5 wins, many of the games now against the best teams in the division?

Fine for us to hope we can turn it round, but what can we possible base a belief upon that we can do it?

Grendel

As you think Andy Thorn was the best manager since Jimmy Hill and should now be director of football "over thinking" is something that definitely does not come naturally.

Otis

And to put it another way, Bradford only need 10 points to get to 71. 10 points from 8 games.

That equates to 3 wins, 1 draw and 4 defeats. That in itself would be a poor run of form, but would still get them there.

You seriously telling me you think Bradford aren't extremely likely to deliver just 3 wins out of 8? As I say, that would be a poor return, but would still be enough to outdo us for sure, barring a miracle.

Unless of course you are thinking that instead of suddenly conjuring up 5 wins out of 8 we can achieve 6 or 7 out of 8!

Why not all 8 matches! We can surely win them all. ;)

Don't need to over think. Just needs a little bit of rational thought that's all.

We need 3 teams to suddenly stop being on the really good form they have been on and start going on a really bad run of form, while at the same time we do the reverse.

Piece of cake this football malarkey isn't it! ;)

oucho

And to put it another way, Bradford only need 10 points to get to 71. 10 points from 8 games.

That equates to 3 wins, 1 draw and 4 defeats. That in itself would be a poor run of form, but would still get them there.

You seriously telling me you think Bradford aren't extremely likely to deliver just 3 wins out of 8? As I say, that would be a poor return, but would still be enough to outdo us for sure, barring a miracle.

Unless of course you are thinking that instead of suddenly conjuring up 5 wins out of 8 we can achieve 6 or 7 out of 8!

Why not all 8 matches! We can surely win them all. ;)

Don't need to over think. Just needs a little bit of rational thought that's all.

We need 3 teams to suddenly stop being on the really good form they have been on and start going on a really bad run of form, while at the same time we do the reverse.

Piece of cake this football malarkey isn't it! ;)

All that analysis is predicated on this 71 points - forget about that. We just need to finish in the top 6. As it stands, it's perfectly doable, if not in our own hands at present. We're just as likely to beat ColU as Bradford are to beat Blackpool, so that latter fixutres doesn't darken the picture particularly. We just need a good run of form.

oucho

As you think Andy Thorn was the best manager since Jimmy Hill and should now be director of football "over thinking" is something that definitely does not come naturally.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Otis

All that analysis is predicated on this 71 points - forget about that. We just need to finish in the top 6. As it stands, it's perfectly doable, if not in our own hands at present. We're just as likely to beat ColU as Bradford are to beat Blackpool, so that latter fixutres doesn't darken the picture particularly. We just need a good run of form.
We need to completely turn our form around, not just have a good run of form.

How many points do you think it will be then? We can't just ignore how many points are needed. TM himself has said 5 wins might possibly be enough. 5 wins, 15 points = 71 points.

It's not an arbitrary figure, it is a well reasoned, rational figure based upon every year of the football league since play-offs were introduced.

Lowest ever total has been 69 points. If it were to be 69 points that is even worse for us, because Bradford would then only need 8 points from 8 games. 2 wins, 2 draws, 4 defeats. A terrible run of form, but they would make it.

We can't just forget about the points needed. It is 99.9% certain to be between 69 points and 76 points. Could be even more.

To get to 71 we need to win 5 games, or win 4, and draw 3, losing just once. We then also need those to fail above us.

To get to 75 we would need to win 6, draw 1 and lose 1.

TM has done the calculations, why should we as fans just ignore that as if it is irrelevant? :)

How on earth is it perfectly doable?

Last edited:

rupert_bear

I find our current position unbelievable and unacceptable yes we have been unlucky with injuries but the neglect of our forward line is ridiculous

Otis

I find our current position unbelievable and unacceptable yes we have been unlucky with injuries but the neglect of our forward line is ridiculous
We were crying out for support for Armstrong. We got Henderson, but the bloke was 34 and only ever a throw him on for part of the game player. We got Rose, we got Hunt, we got Cargill and Stephens. We then got Jones and then the Bulgarian.

The goals were doing up but it wasn't addressed.

oucho

We need to completely turn our form around, not just have a good run of form.

How many points do you think it will be then? We can't just ignore how many points are needed. TM himself has said 5 wins might possibly be enough. 5 wins, 15 points = 71 points.

It's not an arbitrary figure, it is a well reasoned, rational figure based upon every year of the football league since play-offs were introduced.

Lowest ever total has been 69 points. If it were to be 69 points that is even worse for us, because Bradford would then only need 8 points from 8 games. 2 wins, 2 draws, 4 defeats. A terrible run of form, but they would make it.

We can't just forget about the points needed. It is 99.9% certain to be between 69 points and 76 points. Could be even more.

To get to 71 we need to win 5 games, or win 4, and draw 3, losing just once. We then also need those to fail above us.

To get to 75 we would need to win 6, draw 1 and lose 1.

TM has done the calculations, why should we as fans just ignore that as if it is irrelevant? :)

How on earth is it perfectly doable?

Mate i think you've got too much time on your hands. It's perfectly possible for us to beat other teams in the division; if other results go our way, we'll be there. The previous years' point totals don't tell us anything - we just have to finish above all but 5 others. Yes a fast improvement is needed, but it's not mission impossible.

Brylowes

Know exactly how you feel mate, the journey is so much easier when doing well
but it is Coventry City,we know what to expect by now.
Dont give up one day the sun will shine over the Ricoh,or wherever we may be
playing,

oucho

I think it is now just a hope rather than a belief.

It was never a belief. I always thought it was too good to be true.

Just nice to get through a season without playing any of the games in Northampton, getting relegated, sacking the manager or having a points deduction / transfer embargo. Must be 2009 since we had a similar season, and we've at least had some great results to shout about this season.

Otis

It was never a belief. I always thought it was too good to be true.

Just nice to get through a season without playing any of the games in Northampton, getting relegated, sacking the manager or having a points deduction / transfer embargo. Must be 2009 since we had a similar season, and we've at least had some great results to shout about this season.
Sad thing now is, we could win all 8 games and still not make the play-offs.

As soon as it is out of your hands you have an immediate problem.

letsallsingtogether

Correct.
Everyone talks of other teams having a bad run and we will be fine?
Most have had a bad run and are now back on track, we have yet to get out of ours

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yeah but we've come so far in 12 months.

Who would have thought by 10pm
On Easter Monday we would be 8 points off the playoffs!!

(Sorry just getting it out there early!)

Users who are viewing this thread