Match Thread ⚽️ Watford vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 5th Nov (1 Viewer)

Dirk Turpin

It will be a sad day for the club if/when MR and his team leave the club. The man has performed miracles with the money and squad at his disposal these last few years.

We should all be grateful for these years with MR because he has let me forget the dross we had with Ian Dowie, Chris Coleman, Aidy Boothroyd, Andy Thorn, Steven Pressley, Tony Mowbray and Russel Slade who 'managed' before him!
I just hope we get to see Hamer, Sheaf, Palmer, O'Hare and Gyokeres before he leaves or one of them does.

CJ_covblaze

Thought we battled hard for the win. Allen was superb and Gyokeres caused their defence problems all afternoon. It was a good game and if the two teams had been a bit more clinical it could’ve ended up a few goals aside.

shmmeee

My cousin went to game. I spoke to him after and said from sounds of SBT we were shit 1st half. He said no we wernt at all. Makes me wonder. These threads are full of pussies.

I love you all though

Pusb!

Almost every comment at half time was how we’d had a decent half?

covcity4life

When you think about the last 5 years or so it’s actually unbelievable the job he’s done. Barely a pot to piss in, home games in Birmingham, the pitch issues at start of this season. The list of adversity is probably longer than what I’ve pointed out already.
He’s also brought the club and the fans closer together, created an identity and has constantly evolved tactically. Won the JPT, league 2 playoffs, league 1 title, kept us up comfortably that first season when we were one of the favourites to go down.

Just an unreal manager for us
We will get him the most luxurious taxi in that case

covcity4life

Not seen it yet - I realised my ifollow was 5 mins behind the live game so planning on rewatching it.
It sounds like a great save though, so fair play to him.
I still don’t rate him as highly as you clearly do.
I don't rate him highly. Just dont hate him lol

hill83

Does all this record breaking put MR in line for manager of the month?
I hope not

surprised-amazed-shocked-20.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

From their forum - nice

Thought the Cov fans were excellent today. Probably up there with Palace for the best Ive seen at Vicarage Road.

I generally like teams from towns that spawn good bands ( apart from Utd and City) so have always been a fan of Cov.

Was a shame our fans mocked them for not having a ground - would be nice to see fns stick together on these matters.

Flying Fokker

Some interesting stats. On accuracy of passes. I guess the reason Watford’s are better is because they had far more build-up possession?

EalingSB

Just caught up on the EFL highlights show on ITV - showed 3 Watford missed chances and our goal but comments were fair.

Great_Expectations

Finally getting a chance to comment over 24 hours after the game! Still feel just as high though.

It really was a fantastic result and we’re showing ourselves to be the good team many of us know we are.

We’re putting ourselves in a great position heading into the break and there’s no reason to think we can’t get four points from the next two.

Otis

Finally getting a chance to comment over 24 hours after the game! Still feel just as high though.

It really was a fantastic result and we’re showing ourselves to be the good team many of us know we are.

We’re putting ourselves in a great position heading into the break and there’s no reason to think we can’t get four points from the next two.
Well yup, but we are also only 3 points clear of the bottom 3, so by the same token, we could easily be back in the relegation places come the break too.

The trajectory is upwards, but we have to maintain that for 2 more games and then it could look at lot rosier.

Sky Blue Harry H

I posted on there after we played them 2 years ago and they were a nice bunch so went back again this time. Think they'll be in for a difficult time of it if they don't go right back up.
This Vlog amused me - reminds me of a slightly drunk Bill Bailey as it progresses through the day

Sky Blue Harry H

Well yup, but we are also only 3 points clear of the bottom 3, so by the same token, we could easily be back in the relegation places come the break too.

The trajectory is upwards, but we have to maintain that for 2 more games and then it could look at lot rosier.

The pragmatist in me would take 3 points from the next 2 games. although if we beat Wigan, I'd want 4. If we get 6, I'll spend the World Cup period analysing CCFCs fixtures through a microscope.

Users who are viewing this thread