Match Thread ⚽️ Blackburn Rovers vs Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 19th Apr (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

Well I had a night to remember had to have emergency op last night started about 9.30 at 0-1 until early hours so didn’t know we had equalised until about 1am, I have read all the comments on here and can’t understand some of the negativity on here, makes me think if some are disappointed we equalised.
That equaliser is potentially massive, bring on Reading.

Speedy recovery Slowpoke. All the best.

CCFCSteve

To be fair, I'd be surprised if many had more than that in the first half. Obviously he came off at half time. It doesn't look like Whoscored did the stats for last night. It wasn't a great day at the office in possession for any of the players last night.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sloppy, rushed, nervy passing all round inc Blackburn

The Philosopher

9 months ago Ben Wilson was a 30 year old perennial back up keeper who had never played more than a handful of games in the league (ok he’d had a run for us a season or so before but started this season as Moore’s stuntman).

Now he’s broken clean sheet records and is scoring in a Championship play off race.

He must have thought, when he was about 28, that his chance might never come.

I can’t remember seeing a player who genuinely looks so enthusiastic and perhaps appreciative of being in the team. I bet he’s brilliant to have in and around training.

Anyway. With big clubs often having up to 6 keepers on the books he’s an inspiration to back up keepers - one day your time might yet come.

Really pleased for the guy.

Travs

Footballing wise we didn't really deserve anything from last night.... we were very poor and nervous, but credit for that also goes to Blackburn who were in our faces and very good at knocking the ball around.

However Blackburn got their just desserts at the end.... they basically time-wasted and fouled their way through the match, from the moment they took the lead. It was a very frustrating watch, and despite some of the great football Blackburn played, it was a terrible spectacle.

Brighton Sky Blue

so it can slag off bnc even if he is not playing and pretend to like arsenal wfc?
Looks like the Sun have stolen my headline

The ‘others’ being 20,000 Blackburn fans and one Coventry fan on the internet

Skybluecol

Never in my 43 years have I got as emotional about a goal as that one last night!!
No....I didn't cry, but I was near choked !!!
If we didn't get a win then a late equaliser with your keeper scoring is next best imo.
1st half was extremely frustrating and we seemed to have a bit of a hangover after the QPR win, 2nd half we were the better side and Kelly made a difference when he came on.....sounds mad but we tend to struggle to keep the ball after we have throw-ins, Kelly supported Hamer to change this as 2 options and this really helped us.
Only 2 sleeps til Reading.....I hope the last couple of games have inspired those who don't go regularly to go up. PUSB

olderskyblue

I still can’t understand how the ref gave a knee high studs up challenge on our player, as a free kick to them. And, if the linesman saw enough to make him change it, he surely must have seen it should have been a red card too?

and Fadz should of had a red card too

Grendel

You do realise that this is the match thread and you should base your judgement on how a player has done in the match rather than your view on that player? You can like a player and say he had a bad game.

Oh yes “my guy” Bidwell with a stupid emoji being singled out when the whole team were abysmal in the first 45 shows nothing about a view on a player

Of course

Dickie

We were fucking shite tonight , pretty much to a man , shite ..

But fuck my life we are still in it 😂😂
You just know that we’ll still be in it until the Boro game and then lose to them, missing out on goal difference or something 🤣

Boosh

Oh yes “my guy” Bidwell with a stupid emoji being singled out when the whole team were abysmal in the first 45 shows nothing about a view on a player

Of course

It’s bizarre, he’s delighted a player he ‘likes’ and wanted to start had a half below his usual standards. Sometimes I wonder whether these posters actually support us

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

baldy

It’s bizarre, he’s delighted a player he ‘likes’ and wanted to start had a half below his usual standards. Sometimes I wonder whether these posters actually support us

Says the dweeb who's more bothered about the Arsenal womens team than City

EalingSB

Well I had a night to remember had to have emergency op last night started about 9.30 at 0-1 until early hours so didn’t know we had equalised until about 1am, I have read all the comments on here and can’t understand some of the negativity on here, makes me think if some are disappointed we equalised.
That equaliser is potentially massive, bring on Reading.
Hope you’re ok 👍🏻

Grendel

Posted this at half time and stand by it at full time. The majority of you are a shambles.

We have a chance of promotion to the Premier League with 3 games to go and the comments on here towards our manager (his tactics) and our players were atrocious, verging on vitriolic.

We’ve just gone away from home and competed against a top 6 side in a cagey, nervy game and come away with a point. Most of the sides around us dropped points or lost.

Most of you on this site need to get some perspective, even when we’re playing badly (as we did tonight). So proud of this club. PUSB

You really do not seem to understand the mindset of football fans Harvey.

PVA

7itqgv.jpg

Sky Blue Harry H

Quick prediction...City beat Reading, then beat Blues......100 tickets for MBoro advertised on Facebook for £500+. City beat Reading, lose to Blues, 500 tickets for MBoro on Facebook at face value 😉

clint van damme

Quick prediction...City beat Reading, then beat Blues......100 tickets for MBoro advertised on Facebook for £500+. City beat Reading, lose to Blues, 500 tickets for MBoro on Facebook at face value 😉

Sounds like the farmers have hit the jackpot with their ticket allocation again!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We were fucking shite tonight , pretty much to a man , shite ..

But fuck my life we are still in it 😂😂

It is a concern, we seem to bottle the BIG games.

Sky Blue Harry H

It is a concern, we seem to bottle the BIG games.
Exactly what the Blackburn fans were saying before and after last night (and probably fans of a lot of other teams too) When we say these things , we conveniently forget 1987, Checkatrade, Notts County away, L1 campaign (Sunderland, Pompey and Rotherham home games) etc. In any game, one side's fans can claim to have bottled it.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread